2018 Live Mafia

Does what it says on the tin.

Moderators: Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Re: 2018 Live Mafia

Postby kimpossible » 05 Mar 2018, 17:40

shadowface wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:(Sorry for my part of it if people are upset about previous discussion.)

@Parabellum: (Wait, how have I only just now taught your name to my phone?) If you're going to the trouble of blending the ranch with jalapeños anyway, why not skip the ranch and make an aioli with mayo, jalapeño, garlic and onion powders, and lemon juice? All the flavor, none of the "Why did I give my money to someone who makes ranch dressing?"

:) I’ll have to try that sometime. To be honest, I have a sentimental attachment to jalapeno ranch, too. I used to bartend/manage a family-owned sports bar where we made our own jalapeno ranch from scratch. That family was really good to me, I made good money, and it was the first couple of years of my marriage when we didn’t have kids yet. It was a relatively care-free, exciting time... and the reason jalapeno ranch is forever an icon of that time is that people would literally drive into town (it’s a rural area) just to buy our jalapeno ranch. It was kind of our signature.

/sentimental reminiscing over.

That sounds awesome, Para. And here I am jealous of the fact that kim owns that many ingredients. I'm currently at the "dorm minifridge stocked with things to put on pasta" stage of life myself :lol:

I don't have 11 varieties of vinegar.

(I have 14.)
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 05 Mar 2018, 17:40

I'd be interested to check it out ive never done a mafia live should add some extra stress and gray hair!!!
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Dwiltse1114

Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby shadowface » 05 Mar 2018, 17:51

Dwiltse1114 wrote:I'd be interested to check it out ive never done a mafia live should add some extra stress and gray hair!!!

That's what mafia's for, after all. The game is basically being on trial for murder in a place with the death penalty, for fun :)

Are you GMT too?
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby kimpossible » 05 Mar 2018, 17:54

(I'm Eastern, or GMT-5.)

Her?
kimpossible

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 05 Mar 2018, 18:03

shadowface wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:I'd be interested to check it out ive never done a mafia live should add some extra stress and gray hair!!!

That's what mafia's for, after all. The game is basically being on trial for murder in a place with the death penalty, for fun :)

Are you GMT too?
Est but I can adjust my time schedule to make it work

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Dwiltse1114

Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Parabellum » 05 Mar 2018, 18:05

kimbyrle wrote:
shadowface wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
:) I’ll have to try that sometime. To be honest, I have a sentimental attachment to jalapeno ranch, too. I used to bartend/manage a family-owned sports bar where we made our own jalapeno ranch from scratch. That family was really good to me, I made good money, and it was the first couple of years of my marriage when we didn’t have kids yet. It was a relatively care-free, exciting time... and the reason jalapeno ranch is forever an icon of that time is that people would literally drive into town (it’s a rural area) just to buy our jalapeno ranch. It was kind of our signature.

/sentimental reminiscing over.

That sounds awesome, Para. And here I am jealous of the fact that kim owns that many ingredients. I'm currently at the "dorm minifridge stocked with things to put on pasta" stage of life myself :lol:

(I have 14.)

Do you do a lot of cooking? Do you have a specialty?
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 969
All-game rating: 956

Postby Zoomzip » 05 Mar 2018, 18:05

Formal expression of interest. MAde.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby kimpossible » 05 Mar 2018, 18:18

Parabellum wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:
shadowface wrote:That sounds awesome, Para. And here I am jealous of the fact that kim owns that many ingredients. I'm currently at the "dorm minifridge stocked with things to put on pasta" stage of life myself :lol:

(I have 14.)

Yes, and probably my single best specialty is Dutch apple pie with crumb topping. I also make amazing refried beans, if I do say so myself.

I mostly follow a low-carb diet, so most of the time I'm just following recipes I get from blogs (and there are some great blogs). But I can do a few things off-the-cuff based on just knowing flavor profiles, like sauces and spice rubs and that kind of stuff. Like, I created maple chipotle aioli for Scotch eggs, and a cajun remoulade for blackened wings, etc.

Her?
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 05 Mar 2018, 22:36

BT dubs... if you're genuinely curious, I have a YouTube video of what Kim looks and sounds like at a community blues jam in NYC last year. But PM if you want it, I'd hate to ruin anyone's perception who doesn't want it ruined. :P

Her?
kimpossible

Postby Parabellum » 06 Mar 2018, 00:45

kimbyrle wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:I don't have 11 varieties of vinegar.

(I have 14.)

Yes, and probably my single best specialty is Dutch apple pie with crumb topping. I also make amazing refried beans, if I do say so myself.

I mostly follow a low-carb diet, so most of the time I'm just following recipes I get from blogs (and there are some great blogs). But I can do a few things off-the-cuff based on just knowing flavor profiles, like sauces and spice rubs and that kind of stuff. Like, I created maple chipotle aioli for Scotch eggs, and a cajun remoulade for blackened wings, etc.

mmm this thread is making me hungry. I also improvise my rubs when I smoke meats in the summer. We make most of what we eat from scratch, but when I say "we" I mean "mostly my wife". I do do all the baking, though, so I'm making various kinds of bread for the week every Saturday or Sunday.... low-carb diet would probably kill me :). We get a lot of ideas from blogs, too.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 969
All-game rating: 956

PreviousNext

Return to Live Games