2018 Live Mafia

Does what it says on the tin.

Moderators: Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Re: 2018 Live Mafia

Postby Parabellum » 05 Mar 2018, 05:02

Yeah, pizza rolls count. Have you ever dipped 'em in jalapeno ranch? Yum yum.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 990
All-game rating: 978
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby condude1 » 05 Mar 2018, 05:02

kimbyrle wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
condude1 wrote:
I ran that as the first game I ever GMed!

I am really glad I never had to play with Crunkus.

I've heard stories that make me echo this sentiment.

Ok, Crunkus is getting a bad rap here. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't cuddly, but he was a damn good player and just played hard for the win. See Hot Potato for an example of him being a strong positive (both in terms of play and atmosphere) impact on the town.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Nanook » 05 Mar 2018, 05:04

condude1 wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I am really glad I never had to play with Crunkus.

I've heard stories that make me echo this sentiment.

Ok, Crunkus is getting a bad rap here. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't cuddly, but he was a damn good player and just played hard for the win. See Hot Potato for an example of him being a strong positive (both in terms of play and atmosphere) impact on the town.

I'm sure he was a very good player--I am also sure that I don't mesh very well with his style of communication very often.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby kimpossible » 05 Mar 2018, 05:06

Parabellum wrote:Yeah, pizza rolls count. Have you ever dipped 'em in jalapeno ranch? Yum yum.

Ranch dressing.

PPE: Condude, it's that I've heard he could be really abrasive and condescending with other players. That would probably scare me off. I have enough trouble dealing with shirt.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby kimpossible » 05 Mar 2018, 05:07

(We've completely exploded shadow's thread. This is why we need a social subforum.)

Her?
kimpossible

Postby Parabellum » 05 Mar 2018, 05:08

LMFAO

I hate ranch dressing, too.

But if you throw in some jalapenos and blend it all together, the jalapenos take over and it doesn't taste like ranch anymore. So, oddly enough, I love jalapeno ranch but hate regular ranch.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Standard rating: 990
All-game rating: 978

Postby condude1 » 05 Mar 2018, 05:13

kimbyrle wrote:PPE: Condude, it's that I've heard he could be really abrasive and condescending with other players. That would probably scare me off. I have enough trouble dealing with shirt.

I'd say shirt is worse from an abrasiveness standpoint. The issue is that Crunkus would sometimes flood the thread. And I mean pages upon pages. And a lot of it would be abrasive.

I'm just saying that he's not as bad as some players make out, and that he deserves a better legacy than "That jerk".
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

condude1

Postby Nanook » 05 Mar 2018, 05:15

condude1 wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:PPE: Condude, it's that I've heard he could be really abrasive and condescending with other players. That would probably scare me off. I have enough trouble dealing with shirt.

I'd say shirt is worse from an abrasiveness standpoint. The issue is that Crunkus would sometimes flood the thread. And I mean pages upon pages. And a lot of it would be abrasive.

I'm just saying that he's not as bad as some players make out, and that he deserves a better legacy than "That jerk".

My impression of him is formed entirely from the debates section, his conflicts with site mods, and a diplomacy game played with him, not from mafia. He was mostly abrasive and a dick in most of those interactions--not always, and to his credit he was usually right, it was just the way he went about being right that made me not want to interact with him.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby condude1 » 05 Mar 2018, 05:21

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
condude1 wrote:

My impression of him is formed entirely from the debates section, his conflicts with site mods, and a diplomacy game played with him, not from mafia. He was mostly abrasive and a dick in most of those interactions--not always, and to his credit he was usually right, it was just the way he went about being right that made me not want to interact with him.

Fair enough, I actually agree with this. I'd actually give him some of the credit for the site's meta evolving so differently than other sites did because of his focus on logic and interaction. On the other hand, you're right that he was not necessarily fun to engage with, and that definitely drove a few players away.

Speak not ill of the dead retired.

condude1

Postby kimpossible » 05 Mar 2018, 05:22

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
condude1 wrote:

I haven't heard much, but when I asked ZZ about him, one example he brought up was Crunkus quoting an entire post and simply replying with "Vomit." That's too abrasive for me.

Her?
kimpossible

PreviousNext

Return to Live Games