LIVE Mafia - Take II - The Estate

Does what it says on the tin.

Moderators: Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

LIVE Mafia - Take II - The Estate

Postby Robert Gesualdo » 29 Jun 2014, 23:16

Game Status: Recruiting

You arrive home late at night to discover an unmarked envelope on your doorstep. Affixed to the back of the envelope is a small red seal with the initials RG pressed into the wax. Upon opening the letter you find a dossier on yourself, as well as the address of an Estate outside of town. The letter is only signed:

RG

Despite the feelings of trepidation in your heart, you feel yourself drawn towards the Estate...

Elsewhere:
"The lambs have passed through the gate. They have come to the killing floor. Their blind eyes see nothing of the horrors to come. Their ears are stopped. They are the gods’ fools. Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of...Am I on speakerphone? I am. I can hear the echo! Darn it all Steve, that is just so rude! I don't know who's in the room."

---

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Allow me once again to try and arrange for you another rousing live game of Mafia. This particular shall be thematically presented as a tribute to a certain film. Though this film has been out for a while, the general theme of this game could prove to be a minor spoiler for someone who has not seen the source material. Hence the spoiler tag:

Players are innocent bystanders that, against their better judgment, have been drawn to an Estate outside of town. Once inside however, they discover that the Estate is far from normal and they are locked inside. Every hour, the rooms seem to shift and rearrange themselves, creating a confusing labyrinth of fear, disorientation and dramatic suspense.

The cultists don't help either...

That's right. You're smack dab in the Estate Located Outside Of Town, But Still Qualifies As A Residential Area, Not The Woods !

---

The game will hopefully take place tonight at 8:00PM EST. I will need a minimum of six people and a preference for eight or more. The game will be structured as follows:

The Venue: The IRC - I will create chat channels for everyone. One to serve as the primary room for the game, others for however many PM roles exist. Communication outside the IRC and without the explicit copy of the GM is unallowable.

The Time: Tonight @ 8PM EST.

The Roster:

1. Ugluk

The Roles:

The Lambs: The The Lambs (Players) are the town that have been lured into the Estate to be served up for slaughter. The have no powers during either phase of the game, other than their lynch vote. They have no special information other than what is presented in this post.

Bureaucratic-Cultists: The Bureaucratic-Cultists (Mafia) are representatives of the organization tasked with sacrificing The Lambs to the ambiguous "Ancient Evil" that they ostensibly serve. Every time the Estate begins to shift (re: night phase) they may release an unnamed horror from the labyrinth below to kill one of the poor little lambs. They may also communicate via two-way mobile device at any time. Communication will be through a separate IRC room that the GM creates. The Bureaucratic-Cultists know the identity of all other Bureaucratic-Cultists, as well as the Virgin.

The Virgin: The Virgin plays a unique role in the game. This character is aligned with the The Lambs, but does not know their identities. The Virgin is only killable by a lynch. As the awkward protagonist, The Virgin has the uncanny ability to determine a player's alignment during the Shifting Room Phase.

The Butler: Robert Gesualdo's personal Butler. S/he was told to mind the guests and ensure they had a pleasurable experience before the end, but missed the memo about leaving the house. Technically an employee of Mr. Gesualdo's organization, he missed the internal memo about leaving the house at 8PM. However, as an employee, s/he knows how to navigate the safe spaces during the Shifting Room Phase. This makes The Butler immune to night kills. S/he wins if either party wins and s/he is still alive.

Phases:
Static Room [Day] Phase: All players vote for one person to lynch (eliminate from the game). A simple majority will result in a lynch. Each day the number of votes required will be advertised by the GM at the start of the day. The gm will quantify votes for verification periodically. Votes cast or changed after a majority is reached are ignored. The day does not end until someone is lynched.

Shifting Room [Night] Phase: Those players with roles that offer “night” actions will decide and put forward the orders to the gm. Night kills by Bureaucratic-Cultists must be done unanimously. If this does not happen by the time limit put forth in the beginning of night post, no kill order will occur for that evening. Speaking is allowed during the evening, and the results of night orders will not be sent out until all orders are processed at the beginning of the next day.

Rules:
Game starts in the Static Room [Day] Phase.
Using private communication from the GM as evidence - faked or otherwise - is strictly prohibited.
Players win if their victory condition is achieved. Survival is irrelevant.
Roles will not be revealed upon the death of an individual.
Retired.
Robert Gesualdo

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (882)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: LIVE Mafia - Take II - The Estate

Postby Robert Gesualdo » 29 Jun 2014, 23:20

Please note that, due to the "live" nature of this game, the number of totally goodies and baddies are not fixed at this time.

However, once I have a set roster, I will ensure that everyone knows the full quantity of all roles.
Retired.
Robert Gesualdo

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (882)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Live Games