Imperial V...or technically III now taking signups

GM: asudevil. Game ended in a 9-player DIAS!

Re: Imperial V...or technically III now taking signups

Postby asudevil » 12 Mar 2012, 22:27

Freddafred wrote:When you make the list of players asudevil? Can you start it's people you know are trustworthy?

Confused...but yes, its going to be people I know are trustworthy in getting orders in so I dont have to deal with NMR's subs (I stated this in the OP)...also people I know communicate so this doesnt devolve into a gunboat game...
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby bluestreaksoccer » 13 Mar 2012, 01:07

Can you at least PM us on our chances of making it? I know I'm rather new, but I really want to try this variant out.
"LIVE. DIE. REPEAT" -how I play diplomacy
bluestreaksoccer

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (852)
All-game rating: (855)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby asudevil » 13 Mar 2012, 03:44

986690324 wrote:Can you at least PM us on our chances of making it? I know I'm rather new, but I really want to try this variant out.

honestly, until I figure out when Im going to run this (and if some people have time), I dont know.

I PM'd like 5 people who for sure have a spot if they want it...but BigBert was one of those, and he probably wont be playing...But some others say they will have time, but in a month they may not.

So sorry I cant be more specific, Im not trying to be elusive, I honestly just dont know yet.

asudevil

Postby Aerdirnaithon » 13 Mar 2012, 04:02

I would like to declare interest, if it isn't too late.
"I must spill yet more blood, so the blood already spilled will not be in vain." - Lelouch Lamperouge
__

Developer - Teutonic Diplomacy
Aerdirnaithon

All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby BoomstickS » 13 Mar 2012, 18:51

If it isn't full yet, I'd like to play.
BoomstickS

Class: Ambassador
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby asudevil » 14 Mar 2012, 04:57

Ok, Ive been encouraged to give an update for this.

I have started PM'ing some people who will for sure have a spot. With over 20 interested parties, that list is about half my spots.

Im working on getting units to fit in the spaces well with the impressive Glorfindel...

But the starting time for this is still a couple weeks away.

I cant run this Crowded and Vain Rats...Crowded is down to 8/13 (and 4 of them are tied for the lead still, so its a while away)

Vain Rats still has 4 (3 of them still very much in it...and could take a while still)

I will start this a little before they end since getting bids/preferences/randomizing countries...wont take me much work, and the first turn is going to be 8 days (cause this will be a 4/2/2 game), but the others have to be close.

I want everyone on the list to be a possible reserve, and if this wasnt such a HUGE game, I would be less selective, however, if Im spending the kinda time on this that I know I will be, I want to make sure its a good competitive game worth my time.

Those of you who have been in games I have GM'd (or played with me), know that I take GM'ing seriously, and Im not going to bail. If I start this (and I still have every intention of doing so), I will see it to the end. Please do not take my waiting to start, or waiting to pick my team as me not caring about the game.

The reason I havent picked my 13, is because if Pedros, Giriom, presser84 (and there are some other players as well) come in tomorrow and say they want in, they will get a spot, and I would hate to bump someone last minute who thought they were going to have a spot.

I will also PM the first 3 people I didnt pick to start so they know that they are my top choices for reserves...But if somehow I run through 15 players who I think are reliable, I love having the interest list I have here to maybe get some more reserves. There seem to be almost enough players interested that you could get a second game of it going (if you can find someone else to GM 170+ SC game)...

Anyway, that's where I am at...Sorry to keep you waiting, but I want to make sure I dont go nuts (nor my wife does) if I try to do too much on here.

asudevil

Postby diplomat42 » 14 Mar 2012, 14:50

It's allright. I hope I get the chance to play...
Glorious Nation of the Himalaya et.al in CYOC.
Classicist, Whippersnapper.

Generation 32 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

JOIN CITY-STATES AND ZOMBIES!
IT WILL BE OFF THE CHAIN
diplomat42

Standard rating: (1140)
All-game rating: (1289)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby marsman57 » 14 Mar 2012, 18:59

Vain Rats had a surprise draw this morning, so I imagine this will be going sooner rather than later. Also, I'm definitely interested since VR was the one that ended.
marsman57

Standard rating: (1118)
All-game rating: (1128)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Girion » 14 Mar 2012, 22:13

I'm slightly interested in playing, or I'm interested and the maps seems quite fun but the game seems like one that might take some time and I'm slithly bussy at the moment, when I know when the game starts I will make an final decision. On the country decision, if I play I would prefer bidding.
Girion

Timezone: GMT+1

Postby UpQuark » 15 Mar 2012, 01:49

We understand and are all looking forward to playing exactly for the reasons you state.

I've GM'd a few monsters myself back in the day and understand the level of commitment it takes to pull this off - and smoothly (the only way to do it is smoothly).

At least you aren't waiting for USPS and dealing with mail issues and layout, formatting & printing. Then again, that compresses the turn cycles, too...

We're all still here, standing by...

UpQuark
practically massless elementary particle
UpQuark

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 986
All-game rating: 898

PreviousNext

Return to Game 3