AAR Crowded

GM: asudevil. 2-way draw between heritikyl (Scandinavia) and rayezilla (Turkey)

Re: AAR Crowded

Postby diplomat42 » 15 May 2012, 13:36

Absurdity wrote:
asudevil wrote:I dont think I mentioned Germany

I think England's NMR didnt keep the LowCountries and France at bay, so they were able to focus on you.

France? I was far too busy getting stabbed by Spain to invade Germany. And Italy ignored several cordial messages. He never sent me a word in reply. :roll:

Congratulations to Scandinavia and Turkey! Good game, guys.

Yeah, I noticed subpar comms in this game too.
Glorious Nation of the Himalaya et.al in CYOC.
Classicist, Whippersnapper.

Generation 32 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

JOIN CITY-STATES AND ZOMBIES!
IT WILL BE OFF THE CHAIN
diplomat42

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1140)
All-game rating: (1289)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby asudevil » 15 May 2012, 15:18

I figured as much. I think I had too many people who were still pretty new to Forum games.

If that was you, I do appreciate you playing, and I hope that you will come back for another game some time.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby heritikyl » 16 May 2012, 07:48

Thank you for the congratulations, I was hoping for the solo but in light of Spain's NMRs it wouldn't have been quite as delectable.

Overall, I enjoyed the game and I thought there was a decent amount of comms, though I can see how some countries may have been left out. As an example, Germany was essentially cut off from the very beginning as Russia, Lowlands, and I all descended upon him. Enlisting Russia's help was a little nerveracking as it involved allowing him into the Baltic, right next to my home centre. It worked out well though as he was a loyal ally, helping me to maintain my German holdings thereby enabling me to put my focus on helping the Lowlands enter Germany as well. At the same time, I brokered a deal with the Lowlands to support me into the North Sea in exchange for Kiel.

By the Winter of '02 the Lowlands and I began to arrange the division of England and we had a good many conversations regarding different deals to broker a fair return on both our ends. Russia was still lying in wait in the Baltic and, to be honest, I must say stabbing him later down the road was a difficult decision considering how long he parked his unit there always assisting me when needed and never taking the incredible opportunity laid before him.

From what I can remember, although the deals regarding the English division went alright, I grew weary of being bottled up in my northern corner and so the decision was made to make a play for the Lowlands' territory. I was able to, with the support of Russia, grab an English centre and a Lowlands centre all at once. Of course, this strategy left my western shores open to the English capture of the North Sea. It being the Fall saved me as I was able to build and defend Norway.

Thereafter I made a play for the North Sea which England used to his advantage by slinking into Skagerrak which left me with a couple seasons of defensive bouncing (once again with Russia's help). During this time I was able to assist Russia and finally begin paying him back for his help by enabling his capture of Munich. Additionally, with Spain sweeping east I reached out to him for assistance in finishing off the Lowlands, we also had to discuss our standoff at the western coast of England. This standoff led to a breakthrough in our deals with trades for Liverpool and Belgium.

And so began the fall of the Lowlands and England, as well as a new status quo involving Spain, Russia and myself in the north. I was still very much unaware of the power relations in the south.

Shortly after, Spain and I started to plot a two-way draw where we would move, Juggernaut style, eastwards.

A pretty simple fallout thereafter, with Russia slowly falling to Turkey and I's combined assault, though I must hand it to him, before the NMRs he did do a good job at defending some of my advances.
heritikyl

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (977)
All-game rating: (976)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby rayezilla » 19 May 2012, 10:39

Hmm, i posted but it disappeared :(

Good game all. I lucked out, scandinavia had it
rayezilla

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1317)