Discussion on powers

GMd by asudevil. Draw between marsman57 (England), attitudes (Italy), Morg (Austria) and stalin813 (Russia)

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby stalin813 » 06 Apr 2012, 03:02

Yea, that is right Attitudes. Early morning brain death. Here is what I say about Filth, Original units hold the filth and if dislodged, a unit must hold. All units confer filth on a SC. Original units are immune to Thief.
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
User avatar
stalin813
 
Posts: 912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 10:42
Location: Georgia, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby attitudes » 06 Apr 2012, 03:10

stalin813 wrote:Yea, that is right Attitudes. Early morning brain death. Here is what I say about Filth, Original units hold the filth and if dislodged, a unit must hold. All units confer filth on a SC. Original units are immune to Thief.

Okay, so only the original units, if dislodged, require the attacker to hold. But all centers acquired by the Filth power owner, regardless of how acquired or by what unit, are "filthy" and require fumigation by an attacker.

That sounds good.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Be careful when you blindly follow the masses. Sometimes, the M is silent.

on indefinite hiatus
User avatar
attitudes
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: 28 Nov 2011, 18:01
Location: San Francisco Bay Area - go SHARKS!!
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby stalin813 » 06 Apr 2012, 03:14

It seems the most balanced. Amphibian allows for all units to be amphibian but it doesn't grant another power on top of that. I think Filth would be too strong to have all units have a power and the nation itself to have a power. It seems the best compromise.
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
User avatar
stalin813
 
Posts: 912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 10:42
Location: Georgia, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby attitudes » 06 Apr 2012, 03:33

stalin813 wrote:
marsman57 wrote:4.5 Earthquake: -- what was the final ruling on impassable or sunken SCs? If they are reduced, does the win condition change?

Sunken SCs change the victory condition, otherwise victory might be unattainable, the other option is to allow Sea SCs, I am open to opinion on this matter and kind of like the idea.

I actually like the idea of Sea SC's as well. For example, Vienna gets "quaked" and turns into a lake. Any army there drowns (ie: removed from the board). But the SC remains as does the center count for whomever owned Vienna. That country would then get to rebuild during the next winter assuming of course they had a build coming. I think there could be some interesting strategy involved as an inland lake SC could not be taken unless the Illusionist assisted or a hyperspace link was used. But then, the lake could by "quaked" back to land and the fleet would sink presumably becoming a fairly easy target for occupation by an opposing force. Add to that, a Sea SC that is "filthy" and well you have a mess on your hands.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Be careful when you blindly follow the masses. Sometimes, the M is silent.

on indefinite hiatus
User avatar
attitudes
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: 28 Nov 2011, 18:01
Location: San Francisco Bay Area - go SHARKS!!
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby attitudes » 06 Apr 2012, 03:37

4.7 Hyperspace (VR2) This player, may link for one season, any two provinces on the board. The link must be designated in advance, as all players may use it. Thus the Winter 1900 placements specify the link for Spring 1901, etc.

Does the country owning this power get a Hyperspace play each season or just one extra one to use at some point in the game. The first sentence makes it sound like only a single play for one season but then the explanation makes it sound like every season a Hyperspace link is an option.

Assuming it is every season, does this mean at some point in time, the country will be allowed to play an extra Hyperspace (two Hyperspaces in one season) since all countries have a Hyperspace play available to them?
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.

Be careful when you blindly follow the masses. Sometimes, the M is silent.

on indefinite hiatus
User avatar
attitudes
 
Posts: 2254
Joined: 28 Nov 2011, 18:01
Location: San Francisco Bay Area - go SHARKS!!
Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby stalin813 » 06 Apr 2012, 03:42

Every season they would get the hyperlink and yes, they would also get one extra, so theoretically they could play two hyperlinks one season.
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
User avatar
stalin813
 
Posts: 912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 10:42
Location: Georgia, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby asudevil » 06 Apr 2012, 03:43

attitudes wrote:
4.7 Hyperspace (VR2) This player, may link for one season, any two provinces on the board. The link must be designated in advance, as all players may use it. Thus the Winter 1900 placements specify the link for Spring 1901, etc.

Does the country owning this power get a Hyperspace play each season or just one extra one to use at some point in the game. The first sentence makes it sound like only a single play for one season but then the explanation makes it sound like every season a Hyperspace link is an option.

Assuming it is every season, does this mean at some point in time, the country will be allowed to play an extra Hyperspace (two Hyperspaces in one season) since all countries have a Hyperspace play available to them?


It should be that they get one every season...so yes, I would think that means one season they can play 2.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
User avatar
asudevil
 
Posts: 16606
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 02:20
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby asudevil » 06 Apr 2012, 03:43

attitudes wrote:
stalin813 wrote:
marsman57 wrote:3.3 Filth: -- To confirm, if you take it in Spring 1902, you must hold a unit in it until Winter 1903 to get credit?

No, you must hold until the next winter. not two winters

But that would be no different than Standard Diplomacy. I really think the rule means two winters and marsman is correct. If you hold it until the current winter as in Standard Diplomacy then the original country loses the supply center (the center becomes a neutral) but you do not gain one. It's not until the next winter in which you would gain the center (or whomever else may come along and knock you out). Basically, the first winter gets rid of the filth and the second winter takes control of the center. That's I how read the rule at least.



Glad you agreed on this, because the 2 winter rule is the best explanation here.

I still think it should be all units, but will bow to the majority.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
User avatar
asudevil
 
Posts: 16606
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 02:20
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby stalin813 » 06 Apr 2012, 03:44

attitudes wrote:
stalin813 wrote:
marsman57 wrote:4.5 Earthquake: -- what was the final ruling on impassable or sunken SCs? If they are reduced, does the win condition change?

Sunken SCs change the victory condition, otherwise victory might be unattainable, the other option is to allow Sea SCs, I am open to opinion on this matter and kind of like the idea.

I actually like the idea of Sea SC's as well. For example, Vienna gets "quaked" and turns into a lake. Any army there drowns (ie: removed from the board). But the SC remains as does the center count for whomever owned Vienna. That country would then get to rebuild during the next winter assuming of course they had a build coming. I think there could be some interesting strategy involved as an inland lake SC could not be taken unless the Illusionist assisted or a hyperspace link was used. But then, the lake could by "quaked" back to land and the fleet would sink presumably becoming a fairly easy target for occupation by an opposing force. Add to that, a Sea SC that is "filthy" and well you have a mess on your hands.



That has swayed me. SCs won't disappear if quaked, they will simply become Sea SCs. So the final victory conditions can not be changed by the Earthquake power.
Best to get me at night (8pm to 12pm EDT)
User avatar
stalin813
 
Posts: 912
Joined: 23 Jan 2011, 10:42
Location: Georgia, USA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (982)
All-game rating: (1279)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Discussion on powers

Postby asudevil » 06 Apr 2012, 03:57

But if the wrong unit is there it will be destroyed, and it will stay in control of whoever had it last?
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
User avatar
asudevil
 
Posts: 16606
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 02:20
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

PreviousNext

Return to Game 1

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron