7 game gunboat tourney?

Each player plays seven games, each game with a different power. TD: cspieker. Winner: cspieker.

Re: 7 game gunboat tourney?

Postby Stander » 25 May 2011, 14:08

cspieker wrote:Oh, and I updated the original post to include that it will be DIAS.

Count me out now then please.

I hate DIAS - especially in gunboat.
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby cspieker » 25 May 2011, 17:26

Why don't you like DIAS?

In terms of points it will have a very limited effect since we are doing the detour98f system which gives you points based mainly on number of centers. In this case a draw is just a means of ending the game when everybody is happy enough with the result.

The only thing DIAS will do in these games is take away the ability to use the draw proposal as diplomatic tool. Personally, I think using draw suggestions as diplomatic tools goes against the spirit of gunboat.

If you want limited diplomatic tools why not just play PPO in that case?
cspieker

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1300)
All-game rating: (1381)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Stander » 25 May 2011, 23:29

Gunboat is all about using available tools to communicate your intentions - including draw porposals.
Are you going to ban deliberate misorders from the game as well?

DIAS also has problems with inactive players.
I will be running the London Marathon on 22nd April 2012 to raise funds to help disabled children and in memory of my darling wife who sadly passed away in January 2012.

To find out more or to donate please visit:- http://www.justgiving.com/BigRunningFool
Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Location: Mainly running the streets of Essex, getting wet, cold and bloody miserable.

Postby Stander » 25 May 2011, 23:32

cspieker wrote:Personally, I think using draw suggestions as diplomatic tools goes against the spirit of gunboat.

I think you are wrong, but I am more than happy to agree to disagree on this matter.

Either way, much as though I love gunboat games and tournaments, given this rule, I'll decline this time around.
Good luck with your tournament.

Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Postby cspieker » 26 May 2011, 00:50

Thanks for letting me know now rather than in the confirmation stages of 7 games! :o

Maybe we will have to change to your rule since you are the reigning champ.

To the others, I'm not sure to do with this now that Rick is back. I don't want to detract from his gunboat playdip league. I'll send some PM's if I get it sorted out.
cspieker

Postby Stander » 26 May 2011, 07:48

cspieker wrote:Thanks for letting me know now rather than in the confirmation stages of 7 games! :o

Maybe we will have to change to your rule since you are the reigning champ.

To the others, I'm not sure to do with this now that Rick is back. I don't want to detract from his gunboat playdip league. I'll send some PM's if I get it sorted out.

Honestly, I'd be happy to rejoin this tournament if it was not DIAS but it is your tournament and you decide the rules.

Stander
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor

Postby Posiduck » 28 May 2011, 18:01

I would be interested in playing. Do you still need more people?
Posiduck

Postby cspieker » 29 May 2011, 18:24

OK with the official demise of the division 1 PDGL I am willing to try to set this up.

Looks like we have interest from 5 so far (with Posiduck but no Stander).

We need at least two more, but could have as many more than that as we need.

Remember, all games will start at about the same time, so this will be a bit of a committment, (but it is gunboat after all). If you won't be able to do this and not NMR, please don't sign up!

Finalizing would be awesome too.

I am going to try to get a list of enough people. And then I'll get back via PM to each person who has expressed interest .
cspieker

Postby Lucifers_Hammer » 29 May 2011, 19:40

I would be interested if there was a spot.
My Motto in Life

--> Live Well. Live Honestly. Leave a Mark. <--

The End

Cataputl habeo. Aut ego me omnem pecuniam tuam in caput tuum saxum magnum mittitis
Lucifers_Hammer

All-game rating: 891

Postby presser84 » 29 May 2011, 21:13

Lucifers_Hammer wrote:I would be interested if there was a spot.

We're all doomed if Lucifers_Hammer is playing !!! Can we make a PPO tournament? No one else would be allowed to post in the public press. It's solely so that he and I can have it out. ;)
Westeros Diplomacy - GM/creator
Diplomacy of Ice and Fire 2 - GM
Keirador wrote:Stop being a dickasaurus rex.
presser84

Standard rating: (1460)
All-game rating: (1678)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament 5