FOC Phase Two - Match Ups and Results

2-player tournament using a modified version of the published 2-player rules. TD: rick.leeds. WINNER: thewysecat

Re: FOC Phase Two - Match Ups and Results

Postby Maucat » 30 Mar 2012, 09:42

thewysecat wrote:Well Maucat, I am sorry you feel that way. I am not sure what I have done in the organisation that Rick or indeed any of the players would object to....if you objected you did not speak up to say so at the time - perhaps you can explain specifically what you object to.....


I did it! Please read my posts of January 23rd and 24th in the thread... I repeat two times my no with explanation against your objections... but without result... you were too thrown in your way...
I apologize for the the sentences on the Americans and Europeans...and for the fact that I can't be able good mastering your language so I can not argue well what I want to say... sorry :(
"Governare è far credere" - "To govern is to make to believe"
N. Machiavelli
_______________________________________________________
Platinum Member Classicist
Ambassador
User avatar
Maucat
 
Posts: 527
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 10:51
Location: Roma, Italia
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1039)
All-game rating: (1386)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: FOC Phase Two - Match Ups and Results

Postby thewysecat » 30 Mar 2012, 13:33

Still not sure what your objection is/was Maucat. You wanted to keep to the tournament's original structure and I have done that to the letter. You seem to be objecting to the fact that I ran it at all and did not wait for Rick. Again, I don't see any evidence of anyone wanting that at the time...otherwise 3.5 months later we'd still be waiting...
"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognized the fool."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNdPgM8eY
User avatar
thewysecat
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: 04 Oct 2008, 04:04
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1518)
All-game rating: (1526)
Timezone: GMT-4

Re: FOC Phase Two - Match Ups and Results

Postby Maucat » 30 Mar 2012, 22:13

thewysecat wrote:Still not sure what your objection is/was Maucat. You wanted to keep to the tournament's original structure and I have done that to the letter. You seem to be objecting to the fact that I ran it at all and did not wait for Rick. Again, I don't see any evidence of anyone wanting that at the time...otherwise 3.5 months later we'd still be waiting...


I am against your change of rules about the structure of the tournament... you simply have made a "golpe"... without Rick presence you catched the opportunity of changing the rules without reason...
If you are loyal you must restart the FOC Phase 2 with Rick's rule otherwise yours is another Tournament and your Winner isn't the Champion of real Rick's Tournament...
"Governare è far credere" - "To govern is to make to believe"
N. Machiavelli
_______________________________________________________
Platinum Member Classicist
Ambassador
User avatar
Maucat
 
Posts: 527
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 10:51
Location: Roma, Italia
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1039)
All-game rating: (1386)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: FOC Phase Two - Match Ups and Results

Postby thewysecat » 30 Mar 2012, 22:16

Maucat wrote:
thewysecat wrote:Still not sure what your objection is/was Maucat. You wanted to keep to the tournament's original structure and I have done that to the letter. You seem to be objecting to the fact that I ran it at all and did not wait for Rick. Again, I don't see any evidence of anyone wanting that at the time...otherwise 3.5 months later we'd still be waiting...


I am against your change of rules about the structure of the tournament... you simply have made a "golpe"... without Rick presence you catched the opportunity of changing the rules without reason...
If you are loyal you must restart the FOC Phase 2 with Rick's rule otherwise yours is another Tournament and your Winner isn't the Champion of real Rick's Tournament...

What rule did I change? I have followed Rick's structure to the letter as far as I know.
"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognized the fool."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNdPgM8eY
User avatar
thewysecat
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: 04 Oct 2008, 04:04
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1518)
All-game rating: (1526)
Timezone: GMT-4

Re: FOC Phase Two - Match Ups and Results

Postby Maucat » 30 Mar 2012, 22:31

I'm tired of speaking of this...
I'll wait that someone will build up a tournament with the rule that I've suggested otherwise I'll never play another game of FOC... Best regards to all...
"Governare è far credere" - "To govern is to make to believe"
N. Machiavelli
_______________________________________________________
Platinum Member Classicist
Ambassador
User avatar
Maucat
 
Posts: 527
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 10:51
Location: Roma, Italia
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1039)
All-game rating: (1386)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: FOC Phase Two - Match Ups and Results

Postby asudevil » 30 Mar 2012, 23:11

Maucat wrote:I'm tired of speaking of this...
I'll wait that someone will build up a tournament with the rule that I've suggested otherwise I'll never play another game of FOC... Best regards to all...


I suggest you PM your suggestion to Rick, since I doubt he will read this entire thread...but that's just me.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
User avatar
asudevil
Premium Member
 
Posts: 16576
Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 02:20
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1351
All-game rating: 1447
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: FOC Phase Two - Match Ups and Results

Postby thewysecat » 30 Mar 2012, 23:52

Maucat wrote: Sure it was better wait Rick than what you've done...but is well known that Europeans have patience Americans were not... I was opposed to changing the tournament rules and I played only for non-blocking it... Knowing that in any case would have been wrong...
This scenario is exhausting its potential...

So above you say it was wrong of me not to wait for Rick and I point out that you did not object at the time

Maucat wrote:I did it! Please read my posts of January 23rd and 24th in the thread... I repeat two times my no with explanation against your objections... but without result... you were too thrown in your way...
I apologize for the the sentences on the Americans and Europeans...and for the fact that I can't be able good mastering your language so I can not argue well what I want to say... sorry :(

So then above you say you did and reference posts dated 23 & 24 Jan. All these do are raise objections to Sinnybee's proposals to change the tournament's format. The tournaments format was not changed. It has run in exactly the structure set out by Rick

Maucat wrote:I am against your change of rules about the structure of the tournament... you simply have made a "golpe"... without Rick presence you catched the opportunity of changing the rules without reason...
If you are loyal you must restart the FOC Phase 2 with Rick's rule otherwise yours is another Tournament and your Winner isn't the Champion of real Rick's Tournament...

So then above, you complain that I took the opportunity to change the rules when I did no such thing... So I ask what changes?

Maucat wrote:I'm tired of speaking of this...
I'll wait that someone will build up a tournament with the rule that I've suggested otherwise I'll never play another game of FOC... Best regards to all...

And so finally above you say you'll never play again unless we adopt the rule change you suggested.

All of this leaves me utterly baffled. You are tired of talking about this. I continue to ask - talking about what?

Because your objection keeps morphing. You insist we stick to the tournament's original format - fine with me - we do. You then complain I have changed the structure - I haven't. Then you say that unless we adopt the change you want you won't participate again. huh?

I am clear you are disgruntled, but what about remains a mystery. I keep trying to find out but I am no nearer an answer as far as I can tell...

We have followed this format unless I am missing something:

rick.leeds wrote:A. STRUCTURE

Qualifying Phase.
(a) Entrants will be randomly split into groups of four.
(b) Round One will have two games in each group: Player A v Player B, Player C v Player D. Winners progress to Phase One.
(c) The defeated players in the first game will play-off against each other. The winners progress to the Phase One.
(d) One additional player will be selected from those who were defeated in both Qualifying games. This will be based upon total SCs held at the end of both games.
- In the event of a tie, the number of SCs held at the end of the second First Phase game will be used.
- In the event of another tie, I will compare the last game year of the shortest of the second games with the same year of each second game of the players tied (eg, if one game finished in 1912 and another in 1913, games will be compared in 1912).
- In the event of a tie, I will work backwards through each game from the year used in the tie-breaker above comparing years.
- In the event of no tie being broken, a coin will be tossed.

Phase One.
(a) The 16 players will play each other. Players will not play anyone from their Qualifying Group, but the draw will be random apart from that.
(b)[i] Winners will play each other. WG1 v WG4; WG2 v WG3; WG5 v WG8; WG6 v WG7. Players who win two games will progress to Phase Two.
(b)[ii] Defeated players will play each other. DG1 v DG2; DG3 v DG7; DG4 v DG6; DG5 v DG8. Winners will progress to next round in Phase One, defeated are eliminated.
(c) The players who lost a W game will play a player who won a D game; winners progress to Phase Two.

Phase Two
A repeat of the Phase One, so that four players progress. Initial games will be a random draw.

Semi-finals
In the Semi-finals, players will play two concurrent games playing both sides following a random draw. If one player wins both s/he will qualify for the Final. If the games are shared, two more will be played, until one player has a lead of two clear games.

Final
In the Final, players will play two concurrent games playing both sides. If one player wins both s/he will be declared the Champion. If the games are shared, two more will be played, until one player has a lead of two clear games.
"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognized the fool."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNdPgM8eY
User avatar
thewysecat
 
Posts: 3873
Joined: 04 Oct 2008, 04:04
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1518)
All-game rating: (1526)
Timezone: GMT-4

Previous

Return to Face Off Challenge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest