FOC: Semi-finals and final RULE changes.

2-player tournament using a modified version of the published 2-player rules. TD: rick.leeds. WINNER: thewysecat

FOC: Semi-finals and final RULE changes.

Postby rick.leeds » 10 Sep 2011, 18:24

TOURNAMENT RULES.

A. STRUCTURE
See here.

B. GAMES
1. Games will be non-Premium games.
2. Amended rules:
- One player will control E/F/R, the other A/G/T, with Italy in CD THROUGHOUT THE GAME (controlled by the Tournament Director issuing HOLD orders).
- Victory goes to the player who controls 24 SCs collectively over more than one power at the end of a Fall adjustments phase.
- No power may control more than 17 SCs individually. Should a game end with one power controlling 18 SCs BEFORE the victory criteria is met, the controlling player forfeits the game.
- Players will be expected to agree to a draw, offered by the defeated player, when the tournament game victory criteria is met.
- Games may be ended in a draw before the victory criteria is met (but not before 1905 as per site rules). The player who offers the draw will be deemed to have conceded the game.
3. For Tournament purposes, games will end after the 1920 Fall Retreats Phase. At this point, the player with the higher SC count will be adjudged the victor.
4. Games will use the Preferences system. Players will be expected to place the name of their assigned powers in all three preference boxes.
5. Deadlines will be 48/48/48 (only to allow enough time for days when a player cannot access the site) with speed deadlines EXPECTED TO BE USED WHEN POSSIBLE.
6. Games will be FRIENDS.
7. Games will include the DIAS option.
8. Games will NOT use 1901 protection.
9. Unless requested otherwise, the game map/icon will be the site default.

C. MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS
1. Players will need to operate multiple accounts for these games. The accounts will be named "yourusernameFOC1" and "yourusernameFOC2" (eg. rick.leedsFOC1).
2. Obviously these accounts must not appear anywhere on site except in an FOC game. If this happens, the player will be removed from the tournament.
3. These accounts must be non-Premium.
4. Players should NOT set up their multiple accounts until they have received a pre-Game Start message, which will be sent before the Game Start message (via PM).

D. SURRENDERING FROM A GAME/NEEDING A SUBSTITUTE
1. Should a player surrender from a game without permission from the TD will forfeit the match.
2. A player who needs to surrender for a reason should notify the TD who will attempt to find a replacement. The TD will extend the deadlines to until the player can be replaced.
3. Should the TD be unable to find a replacement the game will be forfeit.
4. Players who need a substitute for a period must organise this themselves. Substitutes must not be any player active in the tournament.
5. Players can request a delay in Game Start between games.

E. BUGS
1. Should a player/player(s) believe a bug or other site-related incident has affected the game, s/he should contact the TD about it NOT post in the Forum.
2. The TD may choose to "suspend" the game by extending deadlines until the bug can be investigated, and would notify players in the game of this.
3. Any errors which cannot be evidenced as the result of a bug, any actions occur because of a bug and anything that cannot be corrected will NOT invalidate the game within the League.
4. A perceived inconsistency between orders and reported orders will not be considered a bug.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Re: FOC: Semi-finals and final RULE changes.

Postby mr bump » 25 Sep 2011, 11:06

1. In the variant, Italy is neutral in 1901 and it cannot be invaded. I was not going to stop players invading Italy.

1. This rule is part of the variant and I suppose there is no reason for this to be otherwise for the tournament.

Does this rule hold true? If so does it stop Mars moving Piedmont in 1901 Spring or Fall?
mr bump

Veni, vidi, percussit.
mr bump

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (970)
All-game rating: (873)

Re: FOC: Semi-finals and final RULE changes.

Postby rick.leeds » 25 Sep 2011, 18:54

As far as I'm aware, it should do. Italy's lands shouldn't be able to be invaded.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)

Return to Face Off Challenge