Protected Game question

Some questions come up a lot... look here for simple explanations of the rules.

Protected Game question

Postby Dolph Shtoss » 17 Oct 2015, 18:19

Do all turn NMRs get deferred by the protected game function?

I am in a protected game where orders just processed as normal, but one player had all HOLDs. The All-HOLD in no way benefited the player. This player had not NMR'd yet in the game, but when another player did earlier in the game, the deadline was extended by the protected game function.

As a possible logical explanation, if the player logged on shortly before resolution and ordered one or two holds and then lost connectivity, would the partial order avert the protected game function and wind up looking like an NMR? This player has previously indicated that he enters orders from his phone as an explanation why an earlier turn saw only half of his units get orders. I don't think he's making that up as that earlier partial order and the recent all-HOLD both hurt him and not really anyone else.
Use me, don't abuse me.
If I have PMs, don't open them unless you expect to see them!
Dolph Shtoss

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Protected Game question

Postby condude1 » 17 Oct 2015, 20:11

If he entered even one hold order, he will not NMR. That could easily explain the situation.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Regular Rules Issues Explained