Brexit

A forum to seperate the more serious discussions from the lighter topics in Off-topic.

Re: Brexit

Postby musashisamurai » 22 Jan 2021, 23:48

Keirador wrote:There's room for it being simultaneously true that nobody knew exactly what the final deal was going to looks like, and that Leave straight-up lied. You can, for instance, say your wedding vows without knowing what the future is going to hold, but if one of those vows is "and I'm going to make 2+2=5," fuck you, you're lyin

musashisamurai wrote:It was pretty much all lies that the Leavers had no ability or even desire to implement in some ways.
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Keirador » 23 Jan 2021, 00:09

You're right, I lost the plot. Yes, fuck you to Leave liars. It's the "in fairness to" bit which I read as excusing Leave voters who bought the lies, but many of these lies were really obvious.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby musashisamurai » 23 Jan 2021, 00:14

Keirador wrote:You're right, I lost the plot. Yes, fuck you to Leave liars. It's the "in fairness to" bit which I read as excusing Leave voters who bought the lies, but many of these lies were really obvious.

They were quite obvious lies too, and some I doubt even if they were true, the Tories would have implemented. No way the Tories were gonna give hundreds of millions of (nonexistent) cash to the NHS, regarding their most blatant lie (imao)
¸,,¸_____}\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,...,,,,,,
`’’´¯¯¯¯¯}/’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’¨¨¨¯
The simulacrum is never that which conceals the truth-it is the truth which conceals that there is none. The simulacrum is true.
musashisamurai

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Previous

Return to Debates