Emigrating

A forum to seperate the more serious discussions from the lighter topics in Off-topic.

Emigrating

Postby beowulf7 » 02 Sep 2019, 17:13

If I has to leave my home country then I would settle in ....?

Because ...?

Which countries do you admire (as a place to live) and why?

Which countries would you actively try and avoid?

I'm from UK - countries I could see myself moving to live in are: Canada and New Zealand (because I suspect that I'd find the culture and beliefs not too far from my own and I have to think of family) and Thailand (because it's a wonderful country)

Countries I don't fancy - USA, Australia, Israel (I'm discounting the obvious eg N Korea and anywhere war torn, disease ravaged or totally poor.)
beowulf7

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (938)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Emigrating

Postby schocker » 05 Sep 2019, 13:50

The Republic of Ireland. I just spent three weeks there and it is just a wonderful place. People are kind and the country is beautiful and sort of speak English. In fact, as we drove around I kept saying I could live here.
Member of The Classicists
schocker
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1398
All-game rating: 1395
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby beowulf7 » 05 Sep 2019, 15:05

"sort of" chuckle. I'd back you up on that. Had some great holidays there. Economy is taking a hit right now but the pace of life is much more pleasant. And the scenery is great
beowulf7

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (938)
All-game rating: (946)
Timezone: GMT

Postby schocker » 06 Sep 2019, 02:48

I drove in Cornwall from Heathrow and it was terrifying while in Ireland there was little traffic. It was a completely different experience. Ireland was wonderful except for Northern Ireland which seemed a little depressing. There is still a lot of hate there I think. So we just drove south to Kilkenny.
schocker
Premium Member

Postby schocker » 06 Sep 2019, 02:48

I drove in Cornwall from Heathrow and it was terrifying while in Ireland there was little traffic. It was a completely different experience. Ireland was wonderful except for Northern Ireland which seemed a little depressing. There is still a lot of hate there I think. So we just drove south to Kilkenny.
schocker
Premium Member

Return to Debates