Writing Contest Mafia AAR (Scum Win)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Writing Contest Mafia AAR (Scum Win)

Postby kimpossible » 18 Jan 2021, 17:36

sjg11 wrote:
Keirador wrote:My big takeaway is that I was wrong to sub out, and in fact I'm going to be playing more games half-assedly, and if anybody doesn't like it, too bad.

I made two red votes in this game. Check see who they were for. ;)

Correctly identifying scum sjg is only half the battle. Successfully out-talking scum sjg often proves to be more of a challenge.

Yeah, no shit. That was why I kept disengaging.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 18 Jan 2021, 17:39

kimpossible wrote:I also would like to propose the creation of two new awards.

The first is the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot, and it will belong to a Shadow until such time as I judge someone else has made an even worse miskill based on an angleshoot.

It is my honour to accept this dubious award and I shall bear it with pride.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby Keirador » 18 Jan 2021, 17:49

On the "Keir hates playing scum so him subbing out is a scumtell thing," everybody obviously knows that was wrong, but I also wanted to add that that view is also shitty. I wouldn't want to play with anybody who made a habit of subbing out just because they didn't like the rand, that's incredibly disrespectful to the GM and the other players, and it makes me kinda sad it was an accepted argument that I was likely to be such a person.

It's also a buckwild assertion to make after the most recent game was one where I played scum to the extremely bitter end days after both my teammates died.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Keirador » 18 Jan 2021, 17:50

More generally, shadow when did you get replaced by a bodysnatcher who has never played with anybody here before?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby kimpossible » 18 Jan 2021, 17:51

Hey, I held out that that was a shit argument.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby sjg11 » 18 Jan 2021, 17:52

Keirador wrote:On the "Keir hates playing scum so him subbing out is a scumtell thing," everybody obviously knows that was wrong, but I also wanted to add that that view is also shitty. I wouldn't want to play with anybody who made a habit of subbing out just because they didn't like the rand, that's incredibly disrespectful to the GM and the other players, and it makes me kinda sad it was an accepted argument that I was likely to be such a person.

It's also a buckwild assertion to make after the most recent game was one where I played scum to the extremely bitter end days after both my teammates died.

^This. I largely piggybacked that as it was a socially acceptable thing to say about BS in current game context.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Justinrs2 » 18 Jan 2021, 18:02

Man, that was fun. I love being scum! So many layers to this, and Sjg was just the perfect scum partner. My infiltration of the CoT wouldn't have gone half as well without his sabotage, and just in general he did a lot of work making sure that town could never solve this game.

I put a lot into being townread, faking town thoughts and pushing a narrative with sjg. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go that hard again, but it certainly good to have pulled it off. Now please, kindly forget about this game so you can TR me again in the future :D .

AK, great job DMing your first game! And for giving me the chance to be scum- when I saw the role PM, I must admit to having done a small happy dance. I'll play and enjoy town, but lying to and manipulating people in a guilt free environment is, to me, the best part of Mafia :twisted: . As I said, sjg was a great introduction to the ins and outs of forum mafia, and helped me a lot- mid day one, I was panicking and apologizing for being such a bad scum player, but he kept a level head, helped me out of that mess, and I was able to turn it around to deliver a pretty good mafia performance.

I will graciously accept the Talisman of Greater Scumminess, though it makes me fear for my life expectancy in future games :P. I'm afraid that, at a minimum, I'm never going to be able to get this trusted in the circle of trust ever again and that's just too bad :( .

Though it's a great honor, I think my favorite post from this game still has to go in my sig. Particularly:

shadowface wrote:I don't think it's likely justin is a god-tier scum, just because he's new.

Do you all enjoy Sjg's post "proving" there was at least one scum on the Dwiltse vote in D1 when both Sjg and myself voted for Jako? Especially after me having said this line near the end of day one in the scumchat:
"For now I would love dwilt to get DKed, but I don't think we should be seen pushing it"
Last edited by Justinrs2 on 18 Jan 2021, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
Justinrs2

Standard rating: 1321
All-game rating: 1195
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Justinrs2 » 18 Jan 2021, 18:07

shadowface wrote:We had sjg in the end, It was just justin I never would have killed which ruined my POE.

Justin can you explain how you fake such nonstop scumhunting commitment as scum? It's quite extraordinary and I want to learn your ways.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. Self-induced psychosis? Whenever I argued in thread, I had to put myself in the mindset that I genuinely believed what I was saying. But that's probably a normal thing for scum to do.

I also think I slipped up more than y'all were able to tell, but because I'm new and you still don't fully know my writing style it didn't translate (fortunately).
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
Justinrs2

Standard rating: 1321
All-game rating: 1195
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 18 Jan 2021, 18:17

I m not to keen on the confusion talisment because to me my logic and the way I do things makes sense to me

Second my mistake here was obviously clearing telleo (my second/third clears were more sjg/jako) sjg was pretty close and almost picked them and it may have changed the game completely but you know YOLO

Third def Justin for mvp

4th I said day 1 the case on jako was stupid and honestly the more I followed it the worse it got who it became a super clad kill jako case I have absolutely no clue but I feel like the should be #1 in worst case ever in mafia
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Keirador » 18 Jan 2021, 18:18

Well done to the scum team.

Justin, in particular, I was delighted that this performance came IMMEDIATELY AFTER a game in which I tried, unsuccessfully, to argue that you were much better than you were letting on, that you were actively deceiving the town about your true level of talent.

As I said, I try to lie as little as possible when I'm scum.
Keirador

PreviousNext

Return to AARs