Writing Contest Mafia AAR (Scum Win)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Writing Contest Mafia AAR (Scum Win)

Postby kimpossible » 18 Jan 2021, 16:09

sjg11 wrote:
kimpossible wrote:Congrats guys. I'm not even mad. I had actually been thinking it would be poetic justice if scum outplayed us after Shadow did some of the craziest angleshooting I've ever personally observed in a game.

I would argue shadow's play there went beyond mere angleshooting. I was... not happy when that went down.

I agree. That never should have been allowed to happen. And I was equally pissed that the town killed Dwiltse over meaningless out of game bullshit.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 18 Jan 2021, 16:12

OH HOLD UP.

This is no longer my talisman. I clearly was but a waypoint for it to reach its new Scum Lord.

Justin, you are now the owner of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. May it bring you many future bullshit tonal scumreads.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby shadowface » 18 Jan 2021, 16:16

kimpossible wrote:OH HOLD UP.

This is no longer my talisman. I clearly was but a waypoint for it to reach its new Scum Lord.

Justin, you are now the owner of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. May it bring you many future bulls hit tonal scumreads.

I resent how quickly you're getting out of holding the talisman but I have to agree after this game :lol:
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby kimpossible » 18 Jan 2021, 16:17

shadowface wrote:
kimpossible wrote:OH HOLD UP.

Justin, you are now the owner of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. May it bring you many future bulls hit tonal scumreads.

I resent how quickly you're getting out of holding the talisman but I have to agree after this game :lol:

You give up the Talisman, you also give up the right to decide when it passes. :P
kimpossible

Postby shadowface » 18 Jan 2021, 16:18

Where is the Aura of Greater Towniness at these days? Can we give that one to Justin too for his scum performance in this game?
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Postby AKFD » 18 Jan 2021, 16:22

shadowface wrote:Where is the Aura of Greater Towniness at these days? Can we give that one to Justin too for his scum performance in this game?

Well yes, but no. I don't think one person should have both the Aura and the Talisman at the same time.
Silver Classicist! (well, I used to be one)

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.

Telleo wrote: I hereby dub AKFD the official PlayDip Mafia Royal Historian.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (834)
All-game rating: (772)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby kimpossible » 18 Jan 2021, 16:32

shadowface wrote:Where is the Aura of Greater Towniness at these days? Can we give that one to Justin too for his scum performance in this game?

I'm honestly not sure. The Aura can't be given away by its bearer, only revoked by its grantor, which was Keirador. I think he has to give someone else the right to grant it out.
Last edited by kimpossible on 18 Jan 2021, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
kimpossible

Postby sjg11 » 18 Jan 2021, 16:32

Justin deserves MVP- he played brilliantly. But there is not enough praise for sjg's behind the scenes scheming going on here so... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby sjg11 » 18 Jan 2021, 16:37

shadowface wrote:We had sjg in the end, It was just justin I never would have killed which ruined my POE.

You had me when we let you have me. Like I said, read scumchat from Night Two. Me and Justin had planned for that scenario before it ever took place. Plan was always for me to tie myself to a townie and Justin would push to sink them.

This all links back to Day Two. I didn't nudge your kim paranoia along to get a kim mis-TK. Kim mis-TKs are rare and require a hell of a lot of effort to push and it would use a lot of my political capital to do so. If I'm worried about town kim (and I often am) I either NK her or try to push her towards conf bias land. I did it cos I suspected kim was gonna be big on the sjg paranoia on Day Three and I could use that to potentially take advantage of her conf bias that the mean ol' sjg was subtly pushing the pressure on her to tie myself to a townie and take them down (my actual plan was for BS to be that townie not jako- I had Subs down as the fave for the mis-TK at that point on Day Two; I was then gonna start D3 pushing jako and Justin would do the same but would be comfortable flipping to an anti-sjg position if required while I fed kim paranoia to sucker her towards a sjg/BS scenario).
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby shadowface » 18 Jan 2021, 16:40

sjg11 wrote:Justin deserves MVP- he played brilliantly. But there is not enough praise for sjg's behind the scenes scheming going on here so... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Perhaps the directly manipulated townspeople didn't appreciate it :P
shadowface

PreviousNext

Return to AARs