Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection AAR (Town win!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection AAR (Town win!)

Postby kimpossible » 09 May 2018, 04:36

Congratulations to the town!

I have some various thoughts, but I'll let people do a little debriefing first.

I am choosing not to publicly share the scum chat thread for reasons, but here's a tidbit I found particularly amusing as the game progressed (this was D1):

kimbyrle wrote:I did not realize how entertaining it would be to observe a game from the GM perspective!

telleo wrote:@kim, GM'ing is my second favorite part of mafia, right after narrowly avoiding Keir's scum-sense for exactly long enough to win.

Keirador, I believe you'll enjoy the dead thread: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/pByZPM9jtsCFg
Last edited by kimpossible on 09 May 2018, 04:40, edited 1 time in total.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 04:38

Avoiding the condude curse, actually convincing Zoomzip of something, and catching Telleo. . . this is the greatest performance I have ever put in.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Re: Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection AAR (Town win!)

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 04:41

Kim I know you were sweating the rule corrections, but this was a flawlessly GMed game from my perspective. Not "good for a first time effort," and not "good given all the curveballs thrown your way," though both those things are true, just good without any qualifiers.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Re: Mafia CLXXI: Alien Infection

Postby Nanook » 09 May 2018, 04:41

Woo!

Do I get to say I told you so for calling Telleo as scum after our fight? Only wish I’d followed Keir there a bit quicker. There’s a reason I pushed completely away from Telleo for most of the time between our fight and following Keir, but I’m not sure if this is the place to talk about it or not.

Great job on EM, he had me pretty fooled.

Good job guys, great game!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Nanook » 09 May 2018, 04:43

I also kinda dislike that the scumchat isn’t posted, but that’s personal preference I guess.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby kimpossible » 09 May 2018, 04:47

Thanks Keir. A lot went on behind the scenes here, and there were a couple consultations with Wyse and Harb for assistance with some stuff.

Also, I'll now disclose what went down with the N2 extension. Keirador messaged me that he would be out in the mountains with zero internet access. I was originally inclined to just go ahead and run the game normally, but Keir suggested I poll the town.

Zoomzip's response was "Do whatever the scum think is fair." Telleo's response was "Extend the night, I don't want to win by killing a lurker." Everyone else's responses were either "Let's just play as normal" (Keir and Dwiltse) or "I don't care either way."

Which meant whatever I did, ZZ would likely assume it had been what the scum preferred, which meant that someone being absent and who preferred which option was all potentially-readable meta data. Hence the gag order on both things, and the reason I was kinda cagey in responding to you about it, K.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 04:48

kimbyrle wrote:Keirador, I believe you'll enjoy the dead thread:

fans self
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 04:49

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I also kinda dislike that the scumchat isn’t posted, but that’s personal preference I guess.

It's at a minimum good practice to get the players' permission before sharing their private communications.
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 09 May 2018, 04:51

kimbyrle wrote:Also, I'll now disclose what went down with the N2 extension. Keirador messaged me that he would be out in the mountains with zero internet access. I was originally inclined to just go ahead and run the game normally, but Keir suggested I poll the town.

Zoomzip's response was "Do whatever the scum think is fair." Telleo's response was "Extend the night, I don't want to win by killing a lurker." Everyone else's responses were either "Let's just play as normal" (Keir and Dwiltse) or "I don't care either way."

Which meant whatever I did, ZZ would likely assume it had been what the scum preferred, which meant that someone being absent and who preferred which option was all potentially-readable meta data. Hence the gag order on both things, and the reason I was kinda cagey in responding to you about it, K.

For the record, ultimately the town was so low-activity I don't think it even mattered. 12 hours of frantic "I know I have to get all this in because I'll be out tomorrow" participation from me would still have been more participation than actually required.
Keirador

Postby Zoomzip » 09 May 2018, 04:52

Keirador wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I also kinda dislike that the scumchat isn’t posted, but that’s personal preference I guess.

It's at a minimum good practice to get the players' permission before sharing their private communications.

This.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Next

Return to AARs