Mafia CLXX Internal Affairs 2.0 AAR (Honest cops/town win)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Mafia CLXX Internal Affairs 2.0 AAR (Honest cops/town win)

Postby thewysecat » 20 Mar 2018, 03:57

Bad cops, bad cops...suspect is hatless, repeat hatless.

Random.org and some N0 choices provided:
Gamestart.jpg
Gamestart.jpg (47.97 KiB) Viewed 1350 times

The scum thread can be found here although they stopped using it when condude1 died, so parabellum/chuck will have to share the rest of their PM correspondence if they want to do that

AAR has somewhat started already in the dead thread here

thewysecat wrote:
Alignment : Dirty Cop
Role: Killer

- Each Night, except N0, you and your team (Shadowface, Condude1, Parabellum) can KILL another player of your choosing. Submit this name to me via PM during the Night Phase.
- You may speak privately during the Day and Night Phase. I must be copied into any PMs

thewysecat wrote:Hello Dirty Cops

You have 48 hours to plan your strategy and tactics. Please check the rules. You no longer have a N0 kill

I must be copied on all PMs

This is the last advice I will offer - pay attention to the mechanics

Happy scumming

Wyse

thewysecat wrote:
Alignment : Honest Cop
Role: Cop

- Each Night, including N0, you may investigate one of your colleagues.
- The results you get are the results you get. They come without explanation or guarantee.

I need your order for a N0 investigation. You have 48 hours. The rules have changed. Please re-read them

This is the last advice I will give - pay attention to the mechanics

Wyse

The game went relatively smoothly though I needed two subs again. A huge thank you to chuck and smith for stepping up and helping their fellow players and the GM

A couple of GM points about end of day posting after the stop message (which happened every game day), and avoiding discussion of the metagame might be worth discussing.

A combination of a PM to Zoomzip and some dead thread posting will cover some of my thoughts on optimal town and scum play and I may dig them out later, but suffice to say the scum seemed to miss just about everything in terms of how they needed to interact with the mechanics and so paid the appropriate price.

So issues of interest for me:
Game balance (I am very happy by the way)
Optimal scum play
Optimal town play
What roles scum might fake from d1
Scum N1 kill choices
Bussing Condude (and bussing in general in this format)
The key scum strategy of forcing dipoles (from d3) since they only needed 3 mislynches
How the scum relied on and then used the wrong 'copogram'!
How I hated about the first 100 sheets of townplay...the amount of posting generally...
Anything else you want to discuss and no doubt things I have forgotten from this list

Once again, congratulations to the town. Tough luck to the scum. And my thanks to everyone for their efforts. I hope you all had fun

Wyse
"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognized the fool."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNdPgM8eY
thewysecat

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1518)
All-game rating: (1526)
Timezone: GMT-4

Re: Mafia CLXX Internal Affairs 2.0 AAR (Honest cops/town wi

Postby Nanook » 20 Mar 2018, 04:06

Next time someone wants to lynch me for "being weird," I'm pointing to this game.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby mhsmith0 » 20 Mar 2018, 04:13

Skimming dead thread...

And I felt like a huge asshole pretty much the whole game. like, i just got RS mislynched in normal by jumping on him for speaking inaccurately, and I did the same thing right out of the gate here. Then he said, "I'm not scum, I'm just bad at mafia!" and I felt like a terrible human being. To top it all off, he voted me towniest town... and i felt like scummiest scum when he did that.

Then I could tell I was getting under kim's skin, and that didn't feel great, either.

Being scum is more fun, but it didn't feel great at some points.

Fwiw this was me on hydra 5 after weakness policy mislynch after I was top town to them, who were obvtown in under pressure while i was just tunneling harder and harder “because I couldn’t let it go” or some similar shit. Worked well but was kind of gut-wrenching. Stuff like that is part of why I dislike scum; I want to be part of a large team that’s happy and successful, not a small team that makes everyone else cry *shrugs*
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Nanook » 20 Mar 2018, 04:14

mhsmith0 wrote:Skimming dead thread...

And I felt like a huge asshole pretty much the whole game. like, i just got RS mislynched in normal by jumping on him for speaking inaccurately, and I did the same thing right out of the gate here. Then he said, "I'm not scum, I'm just bad at mafia!" and I felt like a terrible human being. To top it all off, he voted me towniest town... and i felt like scummiest scum when he did that.

Then I could tell I was getting under kim's skin, and that didn't feel great, either.

Being scum is more fun, but it didn't feel great at some points.

Fwiw this was me on hydra 5 after weakness policy mislynch after I was top town to them, who were obvtown in under pressure while i was just tunneling harder and harder “because I couldn’t let it go” or some similar shit. Worked well but was kind of gut-wrenching. Stuff like that is part of why I dislike scum; I want to be part of a large team that’s happy and successful, not a small team that makes everyone else cry *shrugs*

While I like making people cry :twisted:
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby mhsmith0 » 20 Mar 2018, 04:20

Perhaps I’ll break out a later discussion of paranoia and it’s relevancy when I have some more time in this thread, but in the meantime I’ll just nite that I now have an 11 straight day phase winning steak :D 8-) (12 if you count demonturtle conceding day 4 of MU staff game)

Not sure I’ll EVER get a streak like that again...
Last edited by mhsmith0 on 20 Mar 2018, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Postby ExiledAtHome » 20 Mar 2018, 04:21

Goddammit! I was Insane, afterall.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)

Postby mhsmith0 » 20 Mar 2018, 04:21

ExiledAtHome wrote:Goddammit! I was Insane, afterall.

*insert snarky comment here*
:P
mhsmith0

Postby ExiledAtHome » 20 Mar 2018, 04:28

mhsmith0 wrote:

Did you call that? I thought it was pretty well established that I could have been either Insane or Paranoid (though I was fishing with my IRs for proof I was Insane).
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)

Postby mhsmith0 » 20 Mar 2018, 04:29

I can see MHsmith fucking this up

Harrumph
How soon we forget the late game carry in fable 9 :P

i know it's early, and chuck's still going to die..

but holy shit, smith is voting for Kim.

I mean, I got a town check, and if I come in saying I’m 50-50 to be sane or naive based on results so far, that’s pretty substantially clearing on chuck, and certainly made me THINK he’d probably end up mech cleared, and with that presumption I was looking for who it could be then... and I was stronger town on sjg than Kim... which I think was still fine?
mhsmith0

Postby mhsmith0 » 20 Mar 2018, 04:29

ExiledAtHome wrote:
mhsmith0 wrote:

Did you call that? I thought it was pretty well established that I could have been either Insane or Paranoid (though I was fishing with my IRs for proof I was Insane).

No I was subtly implying that YOU are insane, not your role, just you :P
mhsmith0

Next

Return to AARs