Improvised Mafia AAR

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Improvised Mafia AAR

Postby condude1 » 26 Nov 2017, 07:50

So I was Iggagazt :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: . I made it explicit in the rules that "Anyone who posts in this thread is part of the game". I posted in the thread. There was a secret hidden in the first post that would have helped with that, and the flavour text might have been enough to get people thinking (Only Condude survived a battle with Iggagazt, but it turns out Iggagazt is off in hiding, biding his time... might at least have created discussion).

I'd appreciate comments, so I can know how to make my evil mechanics slightly more fair when I run Trapped.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Improvised Mafia AAR

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 07:53

Cool idea, but since Iggs/cultists win at parity, shouldn't they have won after the nightkill?

Your avatar should have been a giveaway.

Sorry, Sjg... :(
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby condude1 » 26 Nov 2017, 07:54

Parabellum wrote:Cool idea, but since Iggs/cultists win at parity, shouldn't they have won after the nightkill?

Your avatar should have been a giveaway.

Sorry, Sjg... :(

I put it into my role that I didn't count towards parity (I didn't get a vote). I was really hoping SF died today, and then one townie is stuck all by themselves trying to figure it out!

Please note that SF's death would likely have won the town the game. Necessity is the mother of invention, after all, and one townie probably would figure it out.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

condude1

Postby condude1 » 26 Nov 2017, 08:00

BTW, if someone wants to find the secret who hasn't found it yet, quote my first post, then look over the code for it. One part of it is out of place...

condude1

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 08:01

I wanted to talk to SF more about her play style, because it frustrated me so much in this game, even after we stopped talking about it.

I couldn't get any read off of her at all. I could totally buy that she was scum, but there was no peg to hang that hat on. Unfortunately, there's no townie peg, either. I mean if she plays that same way as town and as scum... we're all left clueless.

That might be a good thing, I'm obviously new. But it doesn't seem like it to me, because don't you want others to think you're town, not to just have no idea? I mean, the fact that she's burned me twice now basically means I can never trust her again (as long as she's playing the same way). And given the choice between a LYLO with her and anyone else, I'd choose anyone else because I might be able to get a handle on things.

That being said, how many good reads have I had between the two games?

um...

none...?

So the problem is probably with me not SF. :)
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 08:04

condude1 wrote:BTW, if someone wants to find the secret who hasn't found it yet, quote my first post, then look over the code for it. One part of it is out of place...

I'm dumb... but how do i do that?
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 08:07

Parabellum wrote:
condude1 wrote:BTW, if someone wants to find the secret who hasn't found it yet, quote my first post, then look over the code for it. One part of it is out of place...

NVM just found it. very informative.
Parabellum

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 08:08

Parabellum wrote:
Parabellum wrote:

Ha. I was being sarcastic, but I'm not now.
Parabellum

Postby condude1 » 26 Nov 2017, 08:11

Parabellum wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
Parabellum wrote:

There's a second, fairly easy secret in there. I originally thought it was too easy, but misjudged by a TON. Cookie doc isn't the end. The text doesn't make sense (there's a reason for that!), if you think about it.

condude1

Postby Parabellum » 26 Nov 2017, 08:12

condude1 wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
Parabellum wrote:

There's a second, fairly easy secret in there. I originally thought it was too easy, but misjudged by a TON. Cookie doc isn't the end.

:) Yeah, that's why I said I wasn't being sarcastic anymore.

I'll think about the cool mechanics and post something more thoughtful tomorrow or Monday.
Parabellum

Next

Return to AARs