Mafia CLVI, Charity Mafia: Town Victory

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLVI, Charity Mafia: Town Victory

Postby sjg11 » 25 Dec 2016, 12:37

I'm struggling between justy and Keirador for MVP. Keirador's Day Two scumread of happymeal and townread of Harb was really useful to me once condude had flipped as Mafia as it helped to back up my reads in that direction and make me feel more confident in them. Justy did a great job of staying focused in the end game.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby sjg11 » 25 Dec 2016, 12:37

And Merry Christmas everyone!
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Happymeal » 25 Dec 2016, 12:59

Was busy over the past few days, but seemed like an impossible game to turn around at that point. I was actually planning on no killing last night 3, but the mechanics were so up in the air that I thought it might be irrelevant to do such and get the town to think that someone was mafia. I don't regret much else. on night 2 I tried to predict who the doctor would target. I figured it would probably be dodgy or Keir, though both were wrong, but he got redirected anyways.

condude1 wrote:
I think D2, if HM hadn't decided he wanted my head on a platter, we might have gotten the mislynch through. Sjg was right that I made a mistake defending HM too abruptly, but he was dead wrong about roles: Scum knew they weren't alignment indicative, and I had the role I claimed. He was also right that I pushed way too hard for alignment-irrelevant roles.

Scum didn't play great, and I think that the town's play was pretty solid, after a weakish D1.

Well, I think that fuck up really cost us the game. I think we could have driven a mislynch if you didn't panic for no reason. Literally neither of us were on the lynching block and you incriminated both of us in one foul swoop lol. Just so everyone is aware, I was pretty much planning on bussing Condude on day 3 after the mislynch on day 2, but I didn't get online in time to calm this guy down. He was spamming scum chat with insane worry about the way the lynch was going when in full honesty only two people even considered voting for me lol.
It's true I'm nervous, but why do you think I'm mad?
Happymeal

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Happymeal » 25 Dec 2016, 13:03

I want to make it quite clear that I actually completely expected a loss after sjg mentioned that plan of his. Given all the misfortune of day 2, it was a good surprise when my expectations were shattered day 3 of losing though, in the end, it didn't matter. To bring that game back from the grave would have taken a godly performance.
Happymeal

Postby Happymeal » 25 Dec 2016, 13:11

Also, I sent every message that anyone got day 3/night 3 just so no one is confused.
Happymeal

Postby Telleo » 25 Dec 2016, 15:41

So first things first:

There once was a Meal on Day One
Who, though Happy, was all kinds of scum
He got in a fight,
That ended at night,
When his killed his opponent, how glum.

Second:

Keirador wrote:Folks voting me: in no universe is Telleo my N1 kill. I only signed up for this game because it's been forever since I've played a game with Telleo. Harb knows this, and I think I even said so in the signup thread. If I'm scum that was a random kill and I'm spitting mad about it.

I teared up a little.

Third:

Thank you so much to ZZ for creating and running this game! I had a lot of fun D1 (although I MAY have been a bit frustrated at the end of the day), and I actually think that was one of my better D1's. I came out of it with a fairly strong scum read on Happy, and Condude was on my secondary list, so had I stayed around, I'd like to think I'd have been helpful in killing them.

For those who didn't die and hadn't had a chance to find out yet, here's a nail biter you didn't know about:

At the end of D2, Keirador didn't know it, but his vote counted for 2. Thus, at 0.5 hours to deadline, the vote count was this:

Keirador(1): dodgy56
condude1(2): Happymeal, SJG11
Harb(2): justy, condude1
SJG11(1): Harb
Happymeal(2): Keirador

Which would have been a triple kill of Condude, Happymeal, and Harb, resulting in an automatic town victory. 1.5 hours before deadline, the vote count was this:

Keirador(1): dodgy56
condude1(1): Happymeal
Harb(3): justy, SJG11, condude1
SJG11(3): Harb, Keirador

Which would have killed both Harb and Sjg, meaning that a successful NK produces an instant scum victory. So that's fun. ZZ and I were getting a little twitchy watching that one.

Anyway. Can we talk for a moment about how Happymeal got away with his D1 engagement? Like... WHAT? I mean, he was apparently right to cop to it, but how did he not get lynched D2? He literally said he was making up his reads, and no one went, "Hey wait, that's what scum are supposed to do and there's literally no town motivation for this at all, whether he cops to it or not."
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)

Postby sjg11 » 25 Dec 2016, 16:42

@Telleo: Both myself and Keirador DID say that. It's just that happymeal copping to it and claiming busyness as a reason for a subconscious manufacturing of a read... could have fit. It's actually part of why I was scumreading Harb a little bit before my end of Day Two play/noticing condude because he was defending happymeal so much. Hence also why I wanted to test Harb in that sort of end of day scenario to get a better read on him in that context.

I also never bought the line about happymeal thinking he couldn't change his orders. Happymeal's played too many games to believe that.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby asudevil » 25 Dec 2016, 16:49

condude1 wrote:
asudevil wrote:
sjg11 wrote:Well done town, that was, with the notable exception of Day Three, a very solid town performance. Town's on a bit of a roll here currently, let's see if that continues over the next couple of games.

OR...the scum suck...OR we have had to over-"balance" games towards town cause we had so many towns lose.

Except the towns HAVE been playing well. The recent towns have been astute, and made very few large mistakes.

I haven't watched / played a game in ages...glad to know the game level has risen.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.
asudevil

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1351)
All-game rating: (1437)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby Keirador » 25 Dec 2016, 17:32

Telleo wrote:Anyway. Can we talk for a moment about how Happymeal got away with his D1 engagement? Like... WHAT? I mean, he was apparently right to cop to it, but how did he not get lynched D2? He literally said he was making up his reads, and no one went, "Hey wait, that's what scum are supposed to do and there's literally no town motivation for this at all, whether he cops to it or not."

Errr. . . I said that. Repeatedly. And voted him and tried to get him lynched over it.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Keirador » 25 Dec 2016, 17:37

I really, really (really) hated sjg's suicide plan and will maintain to the last that it was misguided in fact and in theory, but he's my vote for MVP regardless. His ploy that DID work was his EOD attack on Harb, which in my opinion provided highly readable moments and resulting strong townreads for sjg, Harb, justy, and myself, and in a game this small being able to townread half the board is enough to get you over the finish line, even absent scumreads on the actual scumread.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to AARs