Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - 17/17

Moderators: Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - 17/17

Postby Zebb » 10 Oct 2010, 17:52

This game is scheduled to begin on November 1st.

Don Vincenzo Lorenzo Dispenzo DiPaesanzo, head of the DiPaesanzo crime syndicate, has invited you, his most trusted associates from across the organization, to a retreat at his luxurious villa on a private island in the Caribbean. Crime absolutely does pay, and by the looks of your accommodations, business is booming. You've been invited here to discuss business, and rumors swirl of a organization-shaking announcement to be made later this week.

The first night is festive, with plenty of expensive cigars and expensive drinks, as the mobsters hobnob to brag about their lastest heists, scams, scores, and rackets. The Don himself is celebratory, but tight-lipped about the announcement. Regardless, whatever the announcement is is the talk of the night, and rumors abound, specifically regarding the rival DiMannaro family, whose operations have been infringing on DiPaesanzo interests for some time now.

The next morning, the villa awakes to a shock: the Don is dead. Throat slit as he slept.

There is a killer, or more likely killers, among you. Have you been infiltrated by DiMannaro turncoats? Is it the work of an ambitious insider looking to take over the organization? Is the FBI involved?

You're stuck on the island with no way off, so you'd better root out the turncoats yourselves, before you become their next victim.

----------------------------------------

FACTIONS:

There are two factions: DiPaesanzo (town) and DiMannaro (mafia). In case you're wondering, that's Italian for "Villager" and "Werewolf", with a "Di" slapped in front. Yup. I'm clever. It's possible that either or both factions may have been infiltrated by FBI or other factions. The "town" wins if they're the only faction standing, and the "mafia" wins if they have 50% of the population left, as per standard; the FBI's victory condition is to collect evidence and either kill or arrest anyone they have a warrant on. There may be other players with unique victory conditions as well. They will be informed of such, and if they wish to make such knowledge public, they're more than welcome to.

VOTES:

In thread only, big and red and bold. If I see it and it's obvious, I count it. If you hide it and I miss it, tough cookies. Whoever receives the most votes by the end of the day gets hung. Ties are broken chronologically; the first one at the highest vote total gets the rope. Note that you can vote for No Hangings, and if that gets the most votes, then no one dies during the day and we go straight to night.

TIME FRAME:

I'm open to recommendations, but I'm thinking in the 3-5 day range for days, and 24 hours for nights.

ROLES:

Mostly standard, but there are a few new ones. None revealed ahead of time. Most have been renamed for flavor. Role will be revealed upon death, but not upon arrest.

INVESTIGATIONS:

If a town or mafia investigates, they find out how loyal they are to the DiPaesanzo family (loyal/sketchy/dirty). If the FBI investigates, they find out if they have an outstanding warrant.

ARREST:

If you get arrested by the FBI, you are out of the game, until you manage a jailbreak somehow. Note that you can generally only get arrested if you have an outstanding warrant against you; if the FBI tries to arrest you and you don't have an open warrant on you, you get to learn one of their identities, thanks to the erroneous arrest. Certain roles have extra information about jailbreaks, and I'll send you more information if you manage to get arrested. Consider arresting the same as dead except that it's possible to come back from being arrested. Protection against night attacks also protects against arrest. Remember that unlike with death, roles are not revealed upon arrest.

EDIT (10/13): If the same target is chosen for both a night kill and an arrest, the KILL gets priority; the target is dead. However, the FBI agent witnesses the murder, and can positively ID the perp, who immediately gains a warrant for his arrest if he didn't have one already.

INJURIES:

Most non-fatal injuries heal the next day. We've got some violent folks here, so expect some bloodiness. Every morning, with the description of night kills, it will also say who comes to breakfast with a broken jaw, or broken kneecaps, or a black eye, or stab wounds, etc. Those players will also get a private message explaining their effects in detail.

ITEMS:

None that can be given or traded, but some roles mention items in their role description; treat these as tools of the trade, and part of your role. For example, if you have a cell phone that lets you send PMs, you can't give it to another player.

COMMUNICATION:

In thread only, unless your role specifies otherwise. No forwarding or quoting private messages to other people. Copy the GM in on all private messages you send, if you're allowed to send them.

PLAYERS:

14 minimum, 20 maximum. Ratio unknown. The FBI knows how many warrants they need to track down before they win, though.

----------------------------------------

Signups!

1. mat.gopack
2. Avalanche
3. Captain Twig
4. Pokerface
5. Siam Meow
6. Crunkus
7. Duc Depuce
8. Colonel Thomas Rainsborough
9. dynastyy
10. cactusman193
11. Caladin
12. Luke T
13. Niakan
14. Commander Cody
15. Jobson15
16. iShine
17. Zander_The_Great

Backups:
1. Firestorm94
Last edited by Zebb on 31 Oct 2010, 19:40, edited 24 times in total.
Zebb

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - SIGNUPS 0/20

Postby mat.gopack » 10 Oct 2010, 17:57

JOIN!!! :D
.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.mat.gopack.·ï¨Ï¨Ï¨ï·.
Mattopia of the Mattibean Union in CYOC. You should join ;)

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake"

Spreadsheets are fun!
mat.gopack

Standard rating: (929)
All-game rating: (929)

Re: Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - SIGNUPS 1/20

Postby Avalanche » 10 Oct 2010, 18:07

Sounds great :) very clever concept, reverse mafia

JOIN!
Avalanche
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (955)
All-game rating: (1013)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - SIGNUPS 1/20

Postby Captain Twig » 10 Oct 2010, 18:07

Would I miss a Mafia game by Zebb for the world? No.

JOIN! Yeah! Get in there!

Loving the theme btw, and all the background story and such.
Y
o
u
a
r
e
c
o
m
p
l
e
t
e
l
y
w
a
s
t
i
n
g
y
o
u
r
t
i
m
e

Oh yeah!
Captain Twig

Timezone: GMT

Re: Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - SIGNUPS 3/20

Postby Pokerface » 10 Oct 2010, 20:34

That sounds like a wonderful game Zebb, count me in
Because of Duc everyone just lost THE GAME!!!!

hehe revenge is sweet
Pokerface

Standard rating: (974)
All-game rating: (974)

Re: Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - SIGNUPS 4/20

Postby Siam Meow » 10 Oct 2010, 22:35

Darn, I wanted to do something like this. :P

But count me in!
Siam Meow

Location: Australia. (You know, the place with Wally and not Waldo.)

Re: Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - SIGNUPS 5/20

Postby Zebb » 11 Oct 2010, 22:10

Totally didn't expect M22:WvV3 to end so quickly. Still going to give this a week before I send out PMs to the regulars to draw out some more signups.
Zebb

Re: Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - SIGNUPS 5/20

Postby Crunkus_old » 11 Oct 2010, 23:00

Yes please.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)

Re: Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - SIGNUPS 6/20

Postby Duc Depuce » 11 Oct 2010, 23:59

JOIN!
`·.„¸¸¸„‹•*˜¨˜°*•›„¸¸¸„.·´Duc`·.„¸¸¸„‹•*˜¨˜°*•›„¸¸¸„.·´
.....`·.„¸¸¸„‹•*˜¨Mafia/Diplomacy/CYOC˜°*•›„¸¸¸„.·´.....
Thank you Craw for helping me resize my avatar :)

POKERFACE JUST LOST THE GAME
Duc Depuce

Re: Mafia XXIV - Reverse Mafia, the Don's Villa - SIGNUPS 7/20

Postby Colonel Thomas Rainsborough » 13 Oct 2010, 01:39

Join for now - depends on when you run this. If I am not available I will tell you in good time so you can get a replacement
“...for really I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live, as the greatest he; and therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear, that every man that is to live under a government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that government;...” CTR, Oct 1647
Colonel Thomas Rainsborough

Next

Return to Sign-ups and Rules