Mafia IX: Firefly (Game Thread)

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Mafia IX: Firefly (Game Thread)

Postby AlphaTangoEcho » 12 Sep 2009, 23:11

HELLO AND WELCOME THE MAFIA 9: FIREFLY

After a "way too close a call" incident with the alliance, Captain Mal Reynolds and the crew of the Firefly-class ship "Serenity" have found themselves unable to pull "a job" because of close Alliance surveillance. In an effort to appear "legal," Captain Reynolds retrofits the ship into a personal transport, doing such things as hanging many hammocks all over the catwalks in the cargo bay. After taking on many passengers, the ship casts off for Persephone. What Captain Reynolds doesn't know is that among his new passengers is an Alliance "hit team," sent by an Alliance General who had been embarrassed by the crew of "Serenity" in a past escape. After one of the passengers turns up dead (AlphaTangoEcho), Captain Reynolds gets suspicious. He sends his ship's medic, Simon Tam, to disguise himself as one of the passengers to save the innocents (i.e. A doctor), and a permanent passenger, the mysterious Shepard Book (a cop), to investigate. One of the first things these two do is to recruit passengers to be assistants for Book and Simon. Book and Simon then return to the crew, to avoid suspicion.

Roles
There are 4 types of players
Aliance agent(s) (Mafia)
Passenger(s) trained by simon (Doctor)
Passenger(s) trained by Book (cops)
Normal Passenger (townie)

Rules:
There are two phases to this game. "Day" and "Night"

Day:
This is where the passengers convene to hang a person that they suspect of being mafia.
Please vote by posting in this thread. A vote is a verb followed by the person of the name you are voting for. Please bold the vote.
(hang AlphaTangoEcho, shoot Alpha, asphyxiate ATE would all be acceptable)

For someone to be hung, 1 of 2 things must happen
Method #1: A greater that 50% Majority (i.e 5 of 8, not 4 of 8) is reached to hang someone. In this case, there is an instant hang, and we move to night.
Method #2: After 4 days of a day phase, and with Method 1 not happening, the voting ends.
If the person with the most votes has at minimum 2 more votes than the person with the second most votes, the person with most votes is hung.

Scenario 1 (In this scenario, 6 votes is for an instant hang.)
Person A has 5 votes
Person B has 3 votes
Person C has 3 votes
Person A would be hung.

Scenario 1 (6 votes needed for an instant hang)
Person A has 4 votes
Person B has 3 votes
Person C has 2 votes
Person D has 2 votes
No one would be hung.

after some one is hung, or the voting period ends with no consensus, we move into the night phase.

Night:
Nights last 48 hrs.
Mafia, doctor(s), cops(s) fulfill there roles at this time. I will run these with speed deadlines, meaning that once I get all of the orders, I will move into day.

Other Rules
Don't talk about the game once you are dead, neither in the thread nor privately with players still alive.
No quoting or screenshots of mod messages. No faking of such either.
Don't discuss Mod-decisions publicly until after the game is finished.
Notify the moderator if you're not going to be online for a few days.
Don't remove any content from you posts once posted. Editing of typos is allowed.
Don't leave the game before it's finished (or you're dead).
Play to win (based on your role's win condition).
Keep the language civilized. I don't care if you insult each other if it's done in a classy manner.
don't reveal your role with a picture of PM from me or any other PMs from me
Players may communicate with each other privately at any time.

18 Random people start to mill around the cargo bay turned dormitory on the "Serenity."
Please create an identity for you character and introduce yourself below.

Roster:

Ak47
Crunkus- Killed by town, Day 3
drakarst
Flatley
jstott
lordelindel
Lord S
Master Radishes- Killed by Mafia, Night 5
nickjb3- Killed by Mafia, Night 1
raphtown- Killed by Town, Day 2
rayhond- Killed by Town, Day 4
TheRedArmy- Killed by Mafia, Night 3
Spage
Ugluk- Killed by Mafia, Night 6
Unfunfunt
WiiCommander- Killed by Mafia, Night 4
wmlawman- Killed by town, Day 5
Zander_the_Great - Killed by Mafia, Night 2

IT IS NIGHT
DOCTOR(S), COP(S), AND MAFIA CAN SEND ME THEIR NIGHT OBLIGATIONS
I WILL POST THE NIGHT RESULTS ONCE ALL, OR AT LEAST MOST PEOPLE INTRODUCE THEMSELVES
Last edited by AlphaTangoEcho on 06 Oct 2009, 04:16, edited 14 times in total.
(former) Moderator of Mafia

And she had to apologize at once for her voice, which was a very unfair voice for a woman to use. Her voice was a warm, luminous, timeless melody.
AlphaTangoEcho

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia 9: Firefly (Game Thread)

Postby Ugluk » 13 Sep 2009, 05:49

Ugluk is decked out in dark brown leather from head to toe. His hat is great for tipping at ladies and gentlemen alike. His duster keeps back the bitter wind. His boots keep the horse manure off his feet admirably. The holster, seldom seen empty in nearly five years as a town sheriff, was handed over to Captain Reynolds upon boarding Serenity.

Hard luck for Phil. I've yet to see someone who enjoyed standard rations, but his reaction was a bit extreme. Well, more room to stretch about I reckon. Did anybody know the departed?
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby nickjb3 » 13 Sep 2009, 06:15

Nickjb3 is dressed in a fancy suit of clothing from the big city. It would look nice if it was given a good washing (or if someone just bothered to beat the dust out of it). His black top hat is similarly dusty and disheveled. His shoes are fancy like the rest of his clothing, but different in the fact that they are inexplicably clean. He has a gun holster at his side. the holster doesn't hold a six gun, nickjb3 packs a harmonica.

Dirty business this killing, isn't it Ugluk? I hope I don't have to start shooting werewolves this time (blatant allusion to mafia 8). I talked to deceased once. Nice guy too, damn shame he had to go so soon.
nickjb3

All-game rating: 4936

Postby AlphaTangoEcho » 13 Sep 2009, 06:16

I was found dead, only a few hours into the voyage.
(former) Moderator of Mafia

And she had to apologize at once for her voice, which was a very unfair voice for a woman to use. Her voice was a warm, luminous, timeless melody.
AlphaTangoEcho

Postby Crunkus_old » 13 Sep 2009, 06:48

Crunkus is a small, compactly built man with short poorly looked after dark hair. He is dressed in a fairly dirty set of work clothes you might associate with those who work with heavy machinery. He seemed a bit uncomfortable traveling with so many people to begin with, and has become more so since the body was discovered. Once a day he can be seen injecting himself in the calf with some sort of drug that he keeps in a shoulder-bag he carries with him constantly. He hasn't been avoiding people, but clearly seems content with his own company. He is an mechanic by trade, and has explained that he works primarily on ore processors on the planet Regina. He hasn't discussed why he's traveling or much of anything else. More than anything he seems to be listening to what others are saying.

"Do either of you know if anyone on board has cigarettes for trade? I don't think I'm going to make it on what I have."

He seems to consider looking through the departed's belongings, but ultimately decides such a move would be ill-considered, however nicotine deprived he eventually becomes. He appears to realize he hasn't followed the path the collective conversation was going and appears out of place, and attempts to extricate himself.

"Yeah, tough break that. Let me know if you guys get a line on some cigs." Then walks over to some containers in the corner sits and begins reading some sort of grubby technical manual.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)

Postby raphtown » 13 Sep 2009, 08:25

Raphtown looks crazy. In fact, he is crazy. But he gets away with it by telling people that he only looks crazy, and they believe him. Rumor has it he has caused the total destruction of multiple research laboratories with his wacky experiments, always escaping unscathed. He spends time playing with a home-brew chemistry set and the other passengers usually just stay away from him...

YES, YES, MUHAHAHAHAHA....
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby jstott » 13 Sep 2009, 11:20

Jstott is a humanoid reptilian from the Rigel system. He has brown and green blotchy skin, and wears a dragon-leather jacket and jeans. His tail is pierced with a titanium ring, with a broken off chain attached. He is a war hero of the Ursian Major/Minor war, and recieved many medals for bravery under fire and saving a ship full of civilians during the Battle above the Seas. He is on the Serenity to find his lost love who lives on Persephone, and has disguised herself as one of the humans who live there.

He has not talked much about his past life before he joined the war, but he is known around these parts for his exploits and adventures. He carries a plasma pistol around for good luck, as well as a sabre from a star-system that was recently ravaged by an unexpected supernova. He was a POW at one point in time. Nobody is sure of his age - his species is all but extinct and few people have bothered to do any research on them, since they are notoriously difficult to track down.

So. Dead guy. Right.

Which one of you did it?
Do you hear the people sing,
Lost in the valley of the night,
It is the music of a people,
Who are climbing to the light,

For the wretched of the earth,
There is a flame that never dies,
Even the darkest night must end,
And the sun will rise
jstott

Timezone: GMT+10

Postby WiiCommander » 13 Sep 2009, 13:42

WiiCommander is a tall man from the outer reaches. Although young, he has made enough cash to escape the frontier town where he grew up as an orphan. His parents had died defending the area from an alliance attack. Since then he has plotted revenge...

*Shrug**

"Did anyone see what happened?"
WiiCommander

Timezone: GMT

Postby Crunkus_old » 13 Sep 2009, 15:45

Crunkus suddenly realizes there is a lizard walking around asking questions. He sets down his reading and walks closer to where everyone has gathered around the body.

"Jstott, what did you say you are again, and what exactly do you...eat? Also, do you have any cigarettes? There's a lot I'm willing to overlook right now for cigarettes."

He looks down at the body, actually to get a line on any loose cigs again, but also with a curiosity regarding any possible bite marks.

"Werewolves, Lizards, I should have stayed in Regina. The air may kill you, but at least your fellow passengers (or possibly their pets?) won't."
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)

Postby Spage » 13 Sep 2009, 17:14

Spage: I just look like an uppity person. What with my clean pants, shined shoes, and pressed suit. I mean sure I might be a wee bit over dressed, but what else would you expect from a high end traveler from Ariel? I might be a far traveler away from home, but a guy has to have standards you know?

Traveling is quite fun, but thats not the reason I'm giving for this trip. I think I told them something about looking at new mining prospects out on the rim, and they bought that well enough for me to be on my merry. I could just use my personal ship if the mining was truly the case, but trust me when I tell you that rarely will you get an adventure from boring yaht rides. Unless you invite the squabbling high end women all clucking at each other to get my attention. I cannot abide useless people, especially people who wouldn't give me the time of day unless I showed them a pristine shiny necklace. However, it can be quite fun to instigate cat fights among the gullible.

The one thing I will miss is the dueling practice. The have a weight rack to keep in shape, but there is no strategy or fun in lifting heavy objects above my head. Fat chance any of these commoners will know which end to use with a sword. But I digress, sacrifices must be made, and I'm sure I can find some other way to pass the time besides talking.

Really? You are going to smoke on an enclosed vessel? Hopefully the air scrubbers can work hard enough to get all that extra unneeded filth out before it gets to me. I don't want to be breathing in your toxic fumes.
Spage

Next

Return to Game Threads