Russian Roulette Mafia (D2)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (D1)

Postby kimpossible » 04 Sep 2019, 17:52

I should also make it known now, I'll fit as much Mafia in this weekend as I can, but tomorrow morning I'm getting on a plane for Seattle and spending my weekend playing Diplomacy, drinking, and sleeping, in that order of priority.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 18:42

kimpossible wrote:I just hope whoever it is doesn't go for trying to help scum win by not revealing and then trying to act scummy for D2. It's the kind of thing I can see, oh, say, someone like Shadow pulling.

I mean, if I were jester I’d 100% take guaranteed win over trying to fuck over the side trying to help me, lol.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Conq » 04 Sep 2019, 18:46

Nanook, why would you fire the revolver three times?
Conq
Premium Member

Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2629
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 18:49

Conq wrote:Hi team,

I apologize in advance for my activity level. I am in over my head this week, and it’s my son’s birthday today, so I’m not going to have a lot of time to devote here.

I do not trust that Nook fires the gun three times, and I don’t understand why a Townie would do that. I do understand why a scumbucket would say that they did that.

Nook, why did you do that?

I agree that we lynch the Jester today. If I were the Jester, I would just say: “Hey I am the Jester, I’m going to play anti-Town unless you lynch me.”

@Jester, reveal yourself, and you win. Easy game.

1) I wanted to

2) most shots I felt comfortable taking without it being completely irresponsible

3) I do what I want

Aes, fuck right off with that “Nanook is responsible for Telleo’s death” crap. I didn’t encourage anyone else to shoot, I don’t know where you’re getting this “maybe Telleo shot 4 or 5 times!” thing but even if they did, it certainly can’t be pinned on me as I didn’t reveal shooting three times until AFTER Telleo’s death. Telleo knee the risks, took them anyways, and it didn’t pay off. If you try to blame me for this I WILL kill you.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby kimpossible » 04 Sep 2019, 19:03

Aeschines wrote:3) WE SHOULD BE PUBLIC ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES WE FIRE THE REVOLVER. I have 0 issues with people shooting, that makes the game fun, after all! But if we don't tell how many times we fire, then things like Telleo's death are going to happen. Not all of the outcomes will be positive and I'm certain that some of the outcomes will be death. I don't think we can blame Nook, Telleo fired twice without mentioning he was thinking about it, but I think Nook directly contributed to Telleo's death. Telleo might have been okay with risking being the 2nd and 3rd shots, but was actually taking the 4th and 5th shots. Maybe this is just me making unwarranted assumptions, but I can't help but assume there will be at least one death-bullet in each day's gun (it is Russian Roulette after all).

This isn't sitting well with me. It's making me think of Good Omens, where I said stuff about the Antichrist because I knew there was one. And I know, I know, there's a perfectly reasonable case to be made here that yes, the game is called Russian Roulette, but so far nobody else has speculated on the subject of what bullets might be in the gun. And we know that the Mafia know the names of the bullets, albeit not their specific effects.

That said, there's also some validity to the idea that Telleo might not have fired if he'd known the actual numbers of the bullets. Nanook, do you really not see that? You didn't make him fire the gun, but you sure didn't give him everything he'd need to make an informed decision about the risk.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby kimpossible » 04 Sep 2019, 19:17

Aes didn't say "Maybe Telleo fired 4 or 5 times," he said that Telleo might have felt comfortable taking the 2nd and 3rd bullets out of the gun, but if he'd known they were actually the 4th and 5th bullets, he might have felt that was too high a risk.
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 19:26

kimpossible wrote:
Aeschines wrote:3) WE SHOULD BE PUBLIC ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES WE FIRE THE REVOLVER. I have 0 issues with people shooting, that makes the game fun, after all! But if we don't tell how many times we fire, then things like Telleo's death are going to happen. Not all of the outcomes will be positive and I'm certain that some of the outcomes will be death. I don't think we can blame Nook, Telleo fired twice without mentioning he was thinking about it, but I think Nook directly contributed to Telleo's death. Telleo might have been okay with risking being the 2nd and 3rd shots, but was actually taking the 4th and 5th shots. Maybe this is just me making unwarranted assumptions, but I can't help but assume there will be at least one death-bullet in each day's gun (it is Russian Roulette after all).

This isn't sitting well with me. It's making me think of Good Omens, where I said stuff about the Antichrist because I knew there was one. And I know, I know, there's a perfectly reasonable case to be made here that yes, the game is called Russian Roulette, but so far nobody else has speculated on the subject of what bullets might be in the gun. And we know that the Mafia know the names of the bullets, albeit not their specific effects.

That said, there's also some validity to the idea that Telleo might not have fired if he'd known the actual numbers of the bullets. Nanook, do you really not see that? You didn't make him fire the gun, but you sure didn't give him everything he'd need to make an informed decision about the risk.

Reread the rules
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 19:27

Oh shit
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 19:28

Nvm, I’m the idiot. I thought we each had our own gun.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 19:29

Yeah, in light of that, I fucked up a bit by not saying how many times I shot.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads