Russian Roulette Mafia (D2)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (D1)

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 13:31

I shot myself once, then reread the rules, went back and shot myself two more times. All before anyone else posted in thread.

The lesson: don't try to outballsy Nanook.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 04 Sep 2019, 14:21

Jesus, one of you already managed to kill yourself before I was even awake.

Question on lynching the Jester: one random person on their wagon is killed along with them. So lynching the Jester is kiiiiiinda just lynching someone at random plus getting rid of one BP vest, no?

I understand the "3P is not town" mentality, but if they aren't working against town and lynching them will kill one of us, I think it's worth reevaluating.

And before you get all excited, I'm not the Jester. If I was I'd put on my jingly hat right now so I could win the game.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 14:27

kimpossible wrote:Jesus, one of you already managed to kill yourself before I was even awake.

Question on lynching the Jester: one random person on their wagon is killed along with them. So lynching the Jester is kiiiiiinda just lynching someone at random plus getting rid of one BP vest, no?

I understand the "3P is not town" mentality, but if they aren't working against town and lynching them will kill one of us, I think it's worth reevaluating.

And before you get all excited, I'm not the Jester. If I was I'd put on my jingly hat right now so I could win the game.

1. Jester has zero game reason to help town or vote with them.

2. The presence of a jester makes scum hunting much much harder.

3. Forcing a dogpile means that we have a random chance of killing scum D1, so it’s not like it’s a total waste of a day.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby kimpossible » 04 Sep 2019, 14:49

Yeah, ok. I wish roles like this didn't exist, they're basically just a thing the town kicks aside and beats to death asap.

So worst case, we kill the Jester, they kill a townie, scum get a NK, and tomorrow it's MYLO at 4:2. Thanks SO much for shooting yourself Telleo. :P
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
kimpossible

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 14:58

kimpossible wrote:Yeah, ok. I wish roles like this didn't exist, they're basically just a thing the town kicks aside and beats to death asap.

So worst case, we kill the Jester, they kill a townie, scum get a NK, and tomorrow it's MYLO at 4:2. Thanks SO much for shooting yourself Telleo. :P

Yeah, I hate jesters, didn't actually notice there was one until game start, but oh well you play with the cards you're dealt.

And yeah, that's the worst case. I think that's not terrible, honestly? Like, it's not ideal maybe, but 4:2 MYLO is fine and we should be able to catch scum with such a narrowed field, I would hope!
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Postby kimpossible » 04 Sep 2019, 16:05

I just hope whoever it is doesn't go for trying to help scum win by not revealing and then trying to act scummy for D2. It's the kind of thing I can see, oh, say, someone like Shadow pulling.
kimpossible

Postby Aeschines » 04 Sep 2019, 17:02

Hey all!

Wow. I'm uh, 12 hours late to the thread and someone is already dead.

Sheeeewiee. Will be fun!

Now that I'm caught up here are my thoughts:
1) We should TK the Jester if they reveal.***
Pile on is a good idea, anyone not piling on is probably scum trying to avoid the revenge kill. I don't see the town advantage to keeping the jester alive except to, hopefully, soak up a NK. Odds of that aren't great.
I think Telleo's death complicates things a little bit, the possibility that we lose 3 townies today is pretty significant. But since there is no reason to expect the jester to scumhunt, I think we're going to make the end game impossible if the jester survives that long.
2) ***We should NOT just do a mechanical kill D1.
Even if pile-on-killing the jester is how we end the day, we should spend the rest of today scumhunting and voting legitimately. Maybe we'll get a scumslip. Maybe we won't and we'll just create data for D2. Either way, if we just sit on our hands, when we might lose 3 townies today, we're hurting ourselves.
3) WE SHOULD BE PUBLIC ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES WE FIRE THE REVOLVER. I have 0 issues with people shooting, that makes the game fun, after all! But if we don't tell how many times we fire, then things like Telleo's death are going to happen. Not all of the outcomes will be positive and I'm certain that some of the outcomes will be death. I don't think we can blame Nook, Telleo fired twice without mentioning he was thinking about it, but I think Nook directly contributed to Telleo's death. Telleo might have been okay with risking being the 2nd and 3rd shots, but was actually taking the 4th and 5th shots. Maybe this is just me making unwarranted assumptions, but I can't help but assume there will be at least one death-bullet in each day's gun (it is Russian Roulette after all).
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines

Standard rating: (1487)
All-game rating: (1639)

Postby Aeschines » 04 Sep 2019, 17:04

Also, could someone give me a quick rundown on Jester's?

From context I've inferred they win by being TK'd (like the tanner), get a revenge kill (at random from their wagon), and turn up as scum in an investigation(?) ?

I've never played with something called a jester before and my googling has gotten a couple of different rule sets called jesters.
Aeschines

Postby Aeschines » 04 Sep 2019, 17:05

Aeschines wrote:Also, could someone give me a quick rundown on Jester's?

From context I've inferred they win by being TK'd (like the tanner), get a revenge kill (at random from their wagon), and turn up as scum in an investigation(?) ?

I've never played with something called a jester before and my googling has gotten a couple of different rule sets called jesters.

LOL. Nevermind. Some closereading of the rules (i.e. getting past the interesting gun rules into the less exciting mafia rules) answered all my questions.
Aeschines

Postby Conq » 04 Sep 2019, 17:52

Hi team,

I apologize in advance for my activity level. I am in over my head this week, and it’s my son’s birthday today, so I’m not going to have a lot of time to devote here.

I do not trust that Nook fires the gun three times, and I don’t understand why a Townie would do that. I do understand why a scumbucket would say that they did that.

Nook, why did you do that?

I agree that we lynch the Jester today. If I were the Jester, I would just say: “Hey I am the Jester, I’m going to play anti-Town unless you lynch me.”

@Jester, reveal yourself, and you win. Easy game.
Conq
Premium Member

Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2629
Timezone: GMT-8

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads