Russian Roulette Mafia (D2)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 07:03

UFO Fever wrote:Ehh doesn’t work when I specially addressed your name before.

It works if I say it works.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11167
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 07:08

Fatmo, you can be town. UFO I'm not sure about you just yet.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11167
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby Fatmo » 04 Sep 2019, 07:09

UFO Fever wrote:Oh Nanook, surely you jest.


Wait, what exactly are you asking here? Do you think he was joking about firing the gun at himself? Or is this just beginning of game lols.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
User avatar
Fatmo
 
Posts: 4129
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby UFO Fever » 04 Sep 2019, 07:15

Fatmo wrote:
UFO Fever wrote:Oh Nanook, surely you jest.


Wait, what exactly are you asking here? Do you think he was joking about firing the gun at himself? Or is this just beginning of game lols.


1) not a question
2) I really didn’t think it was that subtle of a hint...
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
User avatar
UFO Fever
 
Posts: 4994
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 06:55
Location: Cincicon2020
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby Fatmo » 04 Sep 2019, 07:20

UFO Fever wrote:
Fatmo wrote:
UFO Fever wrote:Oh Nanook, surely you jest.


Wait, what exactly are you asking here? Do you think he was joking about firing the gun at himself? Or is this just beginning of game lols.


1) not a question
2) I really didn’t think it was that subtle of a hint...


Oh I'm dumb. It was a jester reference.

And yea, not a question either. Just wasn't sure what you were getting at but it should have been obvious.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
User avatar
Fatmo
 
Posts: 4129
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby Nanook » 04 Sep 2019, 07:29

Actually, you know what...

WE SHOULD ALL AGREE TO KILL THE JESTER IF THEY OUT.

Killing them doesn't end the game, and it removes any ambiguity about whether we're catching scum or a false positive in the jester. We should agree right here and now to kill the Jester on D1, let them get their win and let us focus on finding scum. Yeah we lose one member of the wagon randomly, but I think the tradeoff is worth it? It does accelerate the game a bit, but...I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing honestly.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11167
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby Telleo » 04 Sep 2019, 08:47

I just shot myself twice. Why? 1) Because Shadow didn't accept my "shoot me six times immediately" pre-game message, and 2) Nook shot himself once and I refuse to be outballsed by Nook.


I'm fine lynching the outed jester. Should be SOP to not treat the 3P as town.

I'm also fine lynching people who are hunting the jester instead of hunting scum. Because that's what scum do.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5473
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby Telleo » 04 Sep 2019, 08:48

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I never jest, and don't call me shirley.


Also 10/10 response.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5473
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby Telleo » 04 Sep 2019, 08:52

Also note: if we all pile on the Jester, there's a nonzero chance of a scum player getting KO'd by the jesters revenge kill thing. So that's fun.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5473
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Russian Roulette Mafia (N0)

Postby Fatmo » 04 Sep 2019, 09:05

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Actually, you know what...

WE SHOULD ALL AGREE TO KILL THE JESTER IF THEY OUT.

Killing them doesn't end the game, and it removes any ambiguity about whether we're catching scum or a false positive in the jester. We should agree right here and now to kill the Jester on D1, let them get their win and let us focus on finding scum. Yeah we lose one member of the wagon randomly, but I think the tradeoff is worth it? It does accelerate the game a bit, but...I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing honestly.


So basically, this is to narrow down things for POE early on and not give a chance for the jester to cause chaos by acting scummy and wasting a lynch in later days, when they just want to get killed anyway? It doesn't really give us a chance to get a scum though, unless it's random in whoever is on the wagon of the jester. But mathematically, there's more town than scum so it's more likely we end up with two dead townies when D2 begins. Also, might that kind of take away from interactions/reading cases/wagons on D1, which can be pretty important, especially for re-evaluating during later days? To just have a mechanical kill like that on D1.

Do others think this is a good idea? I'll have to think about it, because I can see where you're coming from too. I just wanted to put out the devil's advocate doubts I thought about when I saw this idea.

PPE: Ahh, Telleo thinks this is a good idea. Well that's him and Nook now.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
User avatar
Fatmo
 
Posts: 4129
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 25 guests