Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Moderators: sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo, condude1

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 12 Aug 2019, 14:33

Bwlvych will replace Durga at the start of D2.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10063
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 12 Aug 2019, 23:50

We now return to your regularly scheduled programming,,,

Aeschines dies during the night! His Demon name was Beelzebub.

In addition, Dwiltse has been modkilled for inactivity. His Angel name was Metatron.

Durga has been recast as Bwlvych, but much like Roseanne we will not acknowledge this fact and pretend that nothing has happened.

It is now D2! D2 will end at approximately August 15, 9pm EDT/August 16, 2am BST.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10063
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby UFO Fever » 13 Aug 2019, 03:55

So uhh...anyone with anything to report?
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
User avatar
UFO Fever
 
Posts: 3617
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 06:55
Location: Procrastinating
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby kimpossible » 13 Aug 2019, 04:08

Nada.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 6102
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby Fatmo » 13 Aug 2019, 09:47

Ok, nothing much is happening still, so I'm gonna lay some cards on the table and hope for the best and maybe this sets things into motion one way or another. Compromise style I guess, so maybe Kim was right there.

Anyway, first of all, I am the Angel God. And I have to hope that one of Commander/Dwiltz was the 3P cover role for the Angels. And statistically, it's twice as likely that this is the case than not, since there's only four Angel roles. Otherwise, if one of them wasn't the 3P I'm all by myself so probably going to loose anyway.

Someone has to try to get a ball rolling here. And If I have a teammate out there (Sjg or Bwlvych are possible) and this is just a really dumb play from me, I'm sorry. But I don't know what else to do here, and at least this is something to do.

Aes came out as a Demon. And UFO and Kim both voted for Commander instead of Aes. They probably ought to have voted Aes if they were Angels. I'd have voted Aes but couldn't make it back to the thread from when it reopened until EOD, and kind of assumed we'd have more time because of the time we couldn't access the thread. So with the information I have now, I have to assume that, at minimum, UFO and Kim aren't on my team. They are either Demons or 3P. And if Commander was 3P, I doubt UFO, Kim, or Aes were the partner, since because 3P flips as the cover role, there's way less incentive to bus for them than in a more normal ratio game with scum flips, right? Like, you can't even get credit for busing here, so why do so D1? So if he was 3P, that means it's even more likely that UFO and Kim are Demons and not the other 3P.

Which means that hopefully one of Sjg and Bwlvych is on my team. Again hoping/gambling that one of Commander/Dwilt was the 3P cover role on the Angel side. If neither of them were 3P, I think I'm kinda screwed sooner or later no matter what.

So I'm gonna go ahead and lay a vote down for UFO because I'm fairly certain you're not on my team and that I have to vote one of you or Kim.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
User avatar
Fatmo
 
Posts: 2166
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby sjg11 » 13 Aug 2019, 10:03

Hey gang, here, will be back later.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby Bwlvych » 13 Aug 2019, 10:15

Morning all, it's been a while so please play gently ;)

So Aeschines, self-proclaimed demon, was chosen as the night kill, my thoughts are that this is a 3P kill in order to preserve balance. Anyone want to elaborate on this?

Fatmo, bold play! I don't know if it's the horns or the forked tails but UFO and Kim do look a tad demonic! Any vote at this time is as good as a reveal, so for now I'll just sit back and see where your ball ends up!
"I am Oswin Oswald. I fought the Daleks and I am human. Remember me."
User avatar
Bwlvych
 
Posts: 2121
Joined: 05 Mar 2011, 17:01
Location: Very Rural, North Devon, England.
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1017)
All-game rating: (1059)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby sjg11 » 13 Aug 2019, 20:48

Fatmo is the obvious kill choice here. All this will leave us with is one remaining Angel.

Name reveals should happen tomorrow. I don't want to give the info to any 3P vigilantes tonight to allow them to balance things out by giving them a guaranteed Demon hit. A name reveal will confirm someone else as a Demon and they would die tonight if last night's events are remotely indicative of anything. Plus I distrust hidden mechanics here. Tomorrow we name reveal and with one Angel left we root the Angel out of the dipole and the Demons win.

#DemonzRule
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 17069
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby kimpossible » 13 Aug 2019, 20:57

I'm good with that, as Obvious Demon Kim is Obvious. Fatmo.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 6102
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Good Omens Mafia (D1)

Postby Fatmo » 13 Aug 2019, 22:22

sjg11 wrote:Fatmo is the obvious kill choice here. All this will leave us with is one remaining Angel.

Name reveals should happen tomorrow. I don't want to give the info to any 3P vigilantes tonight to allow them to balance things out by giving them a guaranteed Demon hit. A name reveal will confirm someone else as a Demon and they would die tonight if last night's events are remotely indicative of anything. Plus I distrust hidden mechanics here. Tomorrow we name reveal and with one Angel left we root the Angel out of the dipole and the Demons win.

#DemonzRule


Huh? There's only a NK on odd nights is what we've been told. No NK tonight unless there's specifically another secret Vig role somewhere.

Plus, you're saying you don't want to have people reveal as Demons, yet you just revealed yourself as a Demon. And so has Kim. So if there's a 3P vig that has a kill tonight, as you say you fear, then why did you just give them that info? Who cares about your actual name right now? I revealed mine to try to get some action happening since nothing was happening. I never asked for a full name reveal.

Like I get it if you're simply a Demon and just want to come out and vote me now because I'm an easy outed angel lynch at this point. But why all this other fluff lol.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
User avatar
Fatmo
 
Posts: 2166
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests