Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Moderators: sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo, condude1

Re: Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 21:35

Conq wrote:ZZ, perhaps it's already in thread and I'll get to it, but I would like you to please bare your soul regarding your thinking on Hannibal. It just strikes to me as extremely likely that, if Hannibal says he should scan Innocent, and 3 "cops" scan him guilty, that Hannibal is lying about his IA.

Also, have you considered that Scum (or Town for that matter) may have powers that can influence your scans? Has the Cop Cluster talked about keeping their scan targets secret and revealing them at daybreak?

1) I start with the pre-disposition that 4 town sane cops in a mason group is a ridiculous premise. So... there is some fuckery at work. Millers and GFs are obviously possible. Indeed, we have some such claims on the miller side already. But also, given that it was not ruled out, unreliable cops. Since I have already revealed as a copy, and there is already a buffy claim, let me admit that my name claim is Wesley Wyndham Price. For me, given flavor reasons, Wesley is not particularly adept at being a member of the Council of Watchers in Buffy Season 3 (I think this is season 3? Maybe 4? Doesn't matter, the one where the mayor is the Big Bad). He powers up later in the Angel series, but at this point he is more a joke than a real reliable character. So... I am predisposed by balance, flavor, and GM questioning to be skeptical of my IRs.
2) Our IR target requested to be IRed, and was one who doubted that unreliable cops would be in the game in the first place. So, basically, someone who purported "No, IRs are going to be legit" is the one that agreed and helped structure a mass IR plan of them. That seems... unlikely, but ok, perhaps a ballsy scum play. But if so -- It means we have three reliable cops (or >1 rats in cop group)! Which seems... again, a bit beyond belief.
3) So I am, on balance, more convinced that the IRs received by the cop group of Guilty on Hannibal should not be relied upon. They are a legitimate basis of suspicion, but that suspicion should be secondary to behavior and traditional alignment based scumhunting.
4) Additionally, let's assume the IRs are correct -- We have 3 guilty IRs on a player who is, in fact, guilty. Now, scum knows this is true. Scum also know that this will be outed no later than D2. What, thought experiment wise, would you expect them to do? I have run this thought experiment for myself, and I see no evidence of expected scum activity along those lines developing.

So... that's my reasoning. Tomorrow you should have the full story yourselves and may judge appropriately. But we would like to run one NK past first.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 21:36

Zoomzip wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:4 agni I'm less conscerned about the private communication during the day thing because it could be any number of possibilities as to why agni could vommunicate during the day... What I am concerned with is agnis sure come out of the gate thinking Durga is more likely a scum pretending to be miller then shadow a scum prentending to be miller with no real explanation... Which is needed expecially because alot of others myself included at that time saw shadow as being the more scummy "Miller"...

This is, really, not bad. Agni.

I don't like either of these Agni votes/arguments.

So you think his judgment between Shadow and Durga is wrong. Okay. But why does low-effort scum go against the grain there? Seems like an odd place to hide, paddling upstream against conventional wisdom. I'd like ZZ and Dwiltse to explain the alignment indicative part of their Agni reads here.
Conq
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2549
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 14 Jan 2019, 21:36

I'm caught up, addressing something to Shadowfriend since she's here, but I've seen I have stuff pending from Kim/ZZ as well.

Shadow I asked you this earlier:

UDC wrote:So in your mind if Durga was a wolf who was fake claiming a miller, she'd claim no thematic/flavour support for her miller-ness? It seems like that's a necessary condition for 'attaches flavour justification = villager', otherwise it's NAI, right?

And I don't think you directly answered it. You responded to the post but not to this question.

Do you see why this looks super weird? It seems like you should be naturally suspicious of a second miller, and instead you believed her claim for what seems to me to be a very spurious reason. I don't know maybe that's just a thing you thought. There's a clear scum motive for wanting to push that both millers can be town, though, and I'm really surprised that town!SF isn't more suspicious here.

[spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]In spite of what I'm saying here and about to say to Kim I'm probably moving off this vote, but I want to explore it a little longer
[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
UpsideDownChuck

Standard rating: (1406)
All-game rating: (1424)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 21:38

Conq wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:4 agni I'm less conscerned about the private communication during the day thing because it could be any number of possibilities as to why agni could vommunicate during the day... What I am concerned with is agnis sure come out of the gate thinking Durga is more likely a scum pretending to be miller then shadow a scum prentending to be miller with no real explanation... Which is needed expecially because alot of others myself included at that time saw shadow as being the more scummy "Miller"...

This is, really, not bad. Agni.

I don't like either of these Agni votes/arguments.

So you think his judgment between Shadow and Durga is wrong. Okay. But why does low-effort scum go against the grain there? Seems like an odd place to hide, paddling upstream against conventional wisdom. I'd like ZZ and Dwiltse to explain the alignment indicative part of their Agni reads here.

I elaborate on this read later, let me know if you miss it.

Zoomzip

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 21:40

Now, I should elaborate that I do think I could be an insane cop, which would be hella useful in and of itself. I should have a better sense on that tomorrow.

Zoomzip

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 21:41

Zoomzip wrote:I am perturbed by Conq's sudden liking to me, as I always had the perception that Conq regarded me as overimpressed with my own skill (especially w/r/t his own, and especially after I yelled at him quite vociferously during Dune)

FYI, no, I regard you as correctly impressed with your skill. I think you are a really strong town player and a critical asset, if town. I have not played with you when you were on a scum team, but I imagine you are quite good at that too. I did play with you once when you were a third party role, but it's hard to take anything from that experience, as you were night killed on N1, and I don't expect that you played D1 differently than you would have played it as town. Maybe a bit quieter, but hard to say. But, no, I think you're really strong, and I've read plenty of other people saying that too, which informs my view further.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 21:43

@Durga: You are holding you vote on me, and have been in thread since I responded to you. Are you holding here? Again, given that I think there is a legitimate logical problem to your case, that has been pointed out by at least four people, so at least one townie by math, I am curious where your thoughts are. I mean, if you are really convinced I am scum, now is the time to really fly the flag and make that vote happen.

Zoomzip

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 21:44

NO MORE NAME CLAIMS.

Knock it off.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby sjg11 » 14 Jan 2019, 21:45

About 24 hours to deadline. SJG should be around to close at deadline.

#FreeSJG
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT