Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Postby shadowface » 14 Jan 2019, 21:14

Zoomzip wrote:@SHADOW

shadowface wrote:I really have to run to class but I'll check in soon, at least I have reasonably consistent wifi today. If you have questions for me please post them now (if they're way back in the thread I doubt I'll get to them on my phone tbh).

At the time of this post, were you aware that this is the vote count?

shadowface (4): kimpossible, UpsideDownChuck, Firestorm94, UFO Fever
agni (2): Dwiltse1114, ZoomZip
Milo (1): nanooktheeskimo
Firestorm94 (1): shadowface
Zoomzip (1): Durga

Is this an all town wagon on you? Are you aware of UDC's analysis of your miller claim and the weirdness surrounding it? This is UDC's post, and I think you should pay attention to it.

I was vaguely aware, probably I'm gonna be the lynch today but w/e, day 1 lynches are a crapshoot anyways. I doubt the wagon is all town because it's an easy one to jump on, but how should I know? UDC seemed sincere in building the case, even though he's wrong. Otherwise anyone else could be scum on it. Or none. I am hugely NOT a fan of 'there must be 1 scum on each wagon' kind of theorizing, they are substantiated in nothing. I'd suspect tomorrow when you see me flip town, and presumably the flip of a night kill, you'll be able to read into it much more. But even then, don't assume some random distribution of what wagons scum are. One thing I'll say for sure is that I'm a really easy lynch to join, so the best votes to look for would be lazy votes onto me. Like kim's IIRC? Or Firestorm's, because his case was just like a bad version of UDC's from what I remember.

I'll try to go through UDC's post now, thanks for flagging that for me.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby UFO Fever » 14 Jan 2019, 21:15

Conq wrote:
UFO Fever wrote:In a game with cops, you tell them what their investigation is going to show you, because if you don't and the cop sees you as scum, you're going to die.

UFO, why haven't you been advocating that we lynch Hannibal?

If you keep reading you'll find me stating that I think there's a rat among the cops, or one of the millers (more likely than not Shadow) is scum. Not both. And since I don't know who Hannibal is, with the exception of knowing that it's one of the non ZZ cops, I'm sticking with Shadow.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)

Postby kimpossible » 14 Jan 2019, 21:16

Conq wrote:
Durga wrote:Apparently Hannibal is one of the cops?

Is he?

Sorry, I'll be caught up today.

Yes, the cops investigated amongst themselves. Hannibal offered himself to be IR'd. That also gives me some doubts as to them being scum, because does scum say "Yes, yes, pick me!"
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby UFO Fever » 14 Jan 2019, 21:18

shadowface wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:@SHADOW

shadowface wrote:I really have to run to class but I'll check in soon, at least I have reasonably consistent wifi today. If you have questions for me please post them now (if they're way back in the thread I doubt I'll get to them on my phone tbh).

At the time of this post, were you aware that this is the vote count?

shadowface (4): kimpossible, UpsideDownChuck, Firestorm94, UFO Fever
agni (2): Dwiltse1114, ZoomZip
Milo (1): nanooktheeskimo
Firestorm94 (1): shadowface
Zoomzip (1): Durga

Is this an all town wagon on you? Are you aware of UDC's analysis of your miller claim and the weirdness surrounding it? This is UDC's post, and I think you should pay attention to it.

I was vaguely aware, probably I'm gonna be the lynch today but w/e, day 1 lynches are a crapshoot anyways. I doubt the wagon is all town because it's an easy one to jump on, but how should I know? UDC seemed sincere in building the case, even though he's wrong. Otherwise anyone else could be scum on it. Or none. I am hugely NOT a fan of 'there must be 1 scum on each wagon' kind of theorizing, they are substantiated in nothing. I'd suspect tomorrow when you see me flip town, and presumably the flip of a night kill, you'll be able to read into it much more. But even then, don't assume some random distribution of what wagons scum are. One thing I'll say for sure is that I'm a really easy lynch to join, so the best votes to look for would be lazy votes onto me. Like kim's IIRC? Or Firestorm's, because his case was just like a bad version of UDC's from what I remember.

I'll try to go through UDC's post now, thanks for flagging that for me.

I mean we're AT LEAST 17 for the last 17 on at least one scum being in a towny wagon (with 3+ votes on that wagon). So, it's not based on nothing assuming there's a scum on your wagon if you're indeed town.

Granted, this is all assuming SJG didn't just make this up in Dune, either way I'm not double checking, I'm just assuming he was honest there.
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Postby UFO Fever » 14 Jan 2019, 21:20

Conq what tf is your Buffy plan if you're only half following along? Ugh don't answer that if your plan needs to be super secret just note that I have general annoyance @ u.
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Postby kimpossible » 14 Jan 2019, 21:20

I am not entirely feeling comfortable with the Shadow wagon anymore, and I'm starting to be at a place where if Mylo doesn't put in some effort then I have to wonder if he's avoiding the thread for reasons. I'm not married to this vote, but let's see what happens. Maybe it will at least get him to do something.

Mylo
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 14 Jan 2019, 21:22

UpsideDownChuck wrote:
shadowface wrote:
UpsideDownChuck wrote:You're saying this follow the 'structure' and 'flavor' or your own miller justification. Like unless your claiming that your's also specifically uses the word 'snitch' I don't see how you could infer that. Is that what you're claiming?

I find it super hard to believe you find 'because I'm a snitch' to be villagery in and of itself, it seems well within the realm of what a wolf could make up for thematic justification.

One of my roles:
"You're a [generic mafia role with no flavor]"

The other one:
"Also you're a miller because [flavor text related to the kind of thing you'd read about in a John Grisham book]"

It has nothing to do with 'because I'm a snitch' to be villagery in and of itself'. Why would you think that? It's that Durga claimed that she was a miller for a flavor related reason too that made me think it sounds like a similar format to my miller flavor text.

If you don't believe this, whatever, just see my flip. I can't argue with it because it's legit my role, if you don't believe it there's nothing I can do about that.

So Mylo quoting this made me realize something. It seems like what Shadow was trying to call attention to here was that her other power, the 'generic mafia role', has no flavour justification. And thus she thought that was the norm for this game and that the miller portion having a justification stood out in contrast to that. And thus took Durga's inclusion of flavour as evidence that her role was real.

That's still though just so uncharacteristically weird though. Surely shadow has seen fakeclaims before wherein the scum fakeclaiming provided some kind of flavor justification.

And think to include that when claiming? How would the scum even think to do this if nothing else has flavour justification?

UpsideDownChuck wrote:And while the reason listed above makes a teeny bit of sense, it's a shift from the previous reason given, to wit:

shadowface wrote:It wasn't a 'townread', more of a 'believable role' read, just because it followed the format of mine. I'm sure you've tried to fakeclaim before - I know when I do, the hardest part is trying to emulate the semantics of the GM. If someone nails that, I'm inclined to believe their claim. There are so many small ways to mess that up that she didn't, by including only the exact detail that the GM had provided me.

So here it's 'the exact detail' and 'emulating the semantics'. That's unlikely based on the actual text of Durga's claim and how it compares to sjg's writing. And in a few other places Shadow talks about structure and it being similar in some way to her flavour. Except her professed flavor is:

shadowface wrote:If it's so obvious to everyone else that I'm not Buffy, I'm Principal Snyder. The flavor I got, paraphrased, was that I am informationally linked to the office of the mayor.

I don't see how that's similar to Durga's, outside of the fact that they're both flavour related. I feel like I'm just repeating myself at this point.

Goddamn, dude, what you had above is exactly what I was trying to explain to you. I was just using way too many words trying to get you to understand here (and the more detail I use to explain something simple the worse it gets :roll:), but that's exactly it.

Think about it, seriously, if it seems like I'm explaining it with words that don't specifically describe the situation, why is that even scummy?? You're just not understanding what I mean so I was trying to explain it to you more detailedly, and then it sounds kind of silly.

I have to run but this is a misunderstanding, I hope you can see that.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 21:24

ZZ, perhaps it's already in thread and I'll get to it, but I would like you to please bare your soul regarding your thinking on Hannibal. It just strikes to me as extremely likely that, if Hannibal says he should scan Innocent, and 3 "cops" scan him guilty, that Hannibal is lying about his IA.

Also, have you considered that Scum (or Town for that matter) may have powers that can influence your scans? Has the Cop Cluster talked about keeping their scan targets secret and revealing them at daybreak?
Conq
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2575

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 21:26

Update on me: I am reading the Kim/Nook academic discussion of tonal reads versus coaching reads on pages 29 and 30, and dying a slow death.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 21:30

UFO Fever wrote:Conq what tf is your Buffy plan if you're only half following along? Ugh don't answer that if your plan needs to be super secret just note that I have general annoyance @ u.

Conq
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads