Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 20:49

kimpossible wrote:Conq, I can answer that because I asked him the same question earlier. Hannibal has not claimed miller.

Okay,

Why aren't we lynching Hannibal? Right?

If you guys have ideas about how 3 "cops" all scan guilty on the same person, who claims to have an innocent reveal alignment, and that person is actually town, I'd like to hear those theories. It seems unlikely to me.

One idea ruminating in my head is if outside factors/powers impact the integrity of the cop scans. For example, some set of players outside the #copcluster could have actions that impact the scans. But, with 3/3 guilty scans on one player on N0, it is just really hard for me to think that Hannibal could be innocent.
Conq
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2549
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 20:50

Durga wrote:Apparently Hannibal is one of the cops?

Is he?

Sorry, I'll be caught up today.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 20:54

Here are reasons to lynch Hannibal:

(1) There are very few reasons I can imagine for 3 "cops" in the game all to return a guilty scan on a player, who claims to have an Inno RA, and for that player to be Town.
(2) While saving confirmed scum for later might make sense in some scenarios, I get the impression that there are some powerful roles afoot on both sides, and so lynching the player who is most likely scum over lynching someone who is more likely to be town is essential.
(3) We also learn important information about our #copcluster.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 14 Jan 2019, 20:56

kimpossible wrote:@Nanook: Ok, I think I see you expressing doubts on the wagon, but not for the same reasons I am? Do you have something other than "Easy wagon is easy"?

It’s primarily the lack of substantial resistance to her wagon.

Not saying yodr reasons for doubt are unoriginal, just that you’re not the only one with doubt.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 20:57

Zoomzip wrote:And I am keeping cop names secret (other than mine) for various reasons. I suspect, but can not prove, that Cop D may be the only reliable cop in the group (or is a rat).

Oh, you may have been probed on this line already, and maybe I'll get to it soon in my read, but I am very curious why you suspect that Marge Gunderson is the only reliable Cop. That seems to me to be a very odd thing to believe after three players all say they came back with the same scan. Why do you suspect that?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 21:02

Zoomzip wrote:So, here's what I am facing.

If Player 1 is town, then we have 1-3 unreliable cops. Plus two millers. Plus a sibling group that potentially contains a rat. Which seems -- very scum sided as a setup.

If Player 1 is scum then... Then we have 1-3 reliable cops with a PM ability. Plus two millers, which seems -- A little too town sided?

Also, I Would like an explanation of this 3 godfather thing. Where is that coming from?

What do you think about the idea that some scum players may be able to change their reveal alignment by using their cover role for a night? Wouldn't that help balance out the 1-3 reliable cop scenario?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 21:05

For the CopCluster:

You all might consider keeping your scan targets secret from each other. If scum have the ability to influence scans (another way to balance out a game with multiple cops), and they have a rat, then keeping your intended target public would have serious drawbacks. I think you should consider keeping your intended targets secret, and then revealing the results of your scans in the cluster after daybreak.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 14 Jan 2019, 21:07

UFO Fever wrote:In a game with cops, you tell them what their investigation is going to show you, because if you don't and the cop sees you as scum, you're going to die.

UFO, why haven't you been advocating that we lynch Hannibal?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby shadowface » 14 Jan 2019, 21:13

UFO Fever wrote:
shadowface wrote:I really have to run to class but I'll check in soon, at least I have reasonably consistent wifi today. If you have questions for me please post them now (if they're way back in the thread I doubt I'll get to them on my phone tbh).

1) u scum?
2) come on, be honest now.
3) do you think there's more likely to be 2 millers and a rat, 2 millers no rat, 1 miller with a rat, or 1 miller no rat?
4) who are your 3 biggest town reads?
5) why aren't you skipping class?

1) I gave you the talisman and it seems to be working :D
2) Well I'm not, so... hmm, which newly cursed talisman bearer does that leave :?
3) I think that would make sense to balance it, but it's not the only option. To balance 4 freaking cops, I would think there would be a lot of shenanigans. As to what they would be, frankly I have no clue in hell what sjg is doing in Fable games, and I don't know how I would until we get flips. Any of these cases is reasonable, the more weird stuff the merrier. Or the cops are just not really that accurate and should be ignored. In which case who cares?
4) I still need to actually go through the thread, right now my reads are as stale as my snacks are when I'm too lazy to close the bag properly
5) Because my ability to pursue my life goals depends on a 3 digit number called a GPA :(
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby kimpossible » 14 Jan 2019, 21:13

Conq wrote:
kimpossible wrote:Conq, I can answer that because I asked him the same question earlier. Hannibal has not claimed miller.

Okay,

Why aren't we lynching Hannibal? Right?

If you guys have ideas about how 3 "cops" all scan guilty on the same person, who claims to have an innocent reveal alignment, and that person is actually town, I'd like to hear those theories. It seems unlikely to me.

One idea ruminating in my head is if outside factors/powers impact the integrity of the cop scans. For example, some set of players outside the #copcluster could have actions that impact the scans. But, with 3/3 guilty scans on one player on N0, it is just really hard for me to think that Hannibal could be innocent.

1 sane cop
1 insane cop
1 paranoid cop
1 random cop

The sane cop investigates ZZ, the other 3 investigate "Hannibal." The insane one gets the opposite result, the paranoid one gets guilty, and the random one gets guilty.

Then factor in that any one of those might be a rat who faked his result.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads