Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Postby Firestorm94 » 14 Jan 2019, 19:10

kimpossible wrote:So... overall impression is that none of this stands out as scummy, but none of it really seems to contain particular insights either. Most of the town-positive things I see from him are hitting the thread after someone else has already brought them up. Maybe he's just really busy, but it feels like a departure from the Firestorm I've seen in the past. I also think I've seen more reads from him in prior games, so... yeah, it seems weird. Does anyone know his scum game? I've yet to see it.

I guess one thing on activity levels is that I'm generally more active on weekdays. I'm not as motivated for this game as I'd like to be, but I'm going to just try to get over it. I think I need to limit myself to smaller games though. I felt like the postcount in Christmas Mafia or the later days of Fable 11 were a lot more manageable for me.

RE my scum game: it has been years since I've seen my own scum game, so I don't even know if my scum game would look the same now as it did in the past. It kind of varied from scum game to scum game for me though. I doubt anyone who played back in 2015 and earlier remembers my meta well enough to say much anyway.

Just ask me questions and get me on record about things. I try to weigh in on things as I go, but I think the best way to pin me down as either alignment is to get me to directly engage on something.

PPE: missing a lot of posts. I'll try to get to them in a bit.
Firestorm94

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1026)
All-game rating: (1025)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Durga » 14 Jan 2019, 19:13

Sorry UFO, I let a little bit of my webdip persona slip out there.
Durga
Premium Member

Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 19:15

FS, you have the cutest avatar, FWIW. OK, onto your post...

Firestorm94 wrote:Also, you mention ZZ possibly lying about the cop group. If he's fabricated an entire fiction about conversations between 4 players during night 0 which feed into an observable snarkiness, then he gets a gold star from me. I don't think there's much reason to doubt that he's telling the truth about the cop group.

I mean, yes, this is true, but... does Durga's foray here seem genuine? Are you learning anything about Durga from this? I would argue that this type of paranoia feels authentically town based, coming out of nowhere and taking a shot, no?

Firestorm94 wrote:So dwilt weighs shadow and Agni pretty equally in scumminess. The fact he goes after Agni might be something.

There's the possibility that both shadow and Agni are town, which I think makes this look good for dwilt. Town Agni is almost certainly easier to miss-TK than town shadow just by virtue of Agni being much less clear and engaged. So it would make a lot more sense for dwilt to join on the shadow vote at this point.

Then it's possible that Agni is scum, and shadow's town. I think unless dwilt is just going for an early bus that this also looks better for dwilt.

If shadow's scum and Agni is town, then I think dwilt looks a bit worse here. While I think his justification for picking Agni is fair, I think that there was room there for him to vote the other way too (shadow's more experienced and should know better). It's not a super strong scum look, but I think this is the worst look for dwilt.

If both Agni and shadow are scum, then I think scum dwilt would just be picking out which of his teammates he wants to try to save. This is possible, but it's also possible that dwilt is just a townie making reasonable reads.

So I think what I get here is that dwilt's choice looks a little bit scummy if shadow is scum, but it looks a little bit more town if shadow is town. Right now, I'm thinking that shadow's scum, so this puts dwilt a little bit towards the scummy end in my mind. Not a strong lean though. Just an inkling based on his decision.

Like... you've run through the permutations, and I can see a sense of logic behind it, but is there any reason to think it is true? Like, if they are both town, shouldn't that actually mitigate against Dwiltse since he should be trying to evaluate that possibility? If they are both town, Dwiltse is in an "any townie will do" situation, and it's not even like a dipole, so he may have set up D1 and D2 votes. So... I don't know that I agree with your analysis.

What do you make of UDC rating Dwiltse so highly? What do you make of me wanting to rate Dwiltse highly but not doing so? If Shadow is scum, are there second order impacts to the two of us?
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 14 Jan 2019, 19:15

@FS: In the past I think it's frequently been the quality of your reads and the time you spend on them that's struck me as super townie. I'd like to see that in particular.

And I can understand being more active on weekdays. I'm less likely to take a break from playing Tombraider on Sunday to argue in Mafia than I am to flip over to the PlayDip tab every so often when I'm sitting in front of my computer at work.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby UFO Fever » 14 Jan 2019, 19:15

shadowface wrote:
UFO Fever wrote:
Durga wrote:No UFO. That's not all I said. I love you but please stop trying to detract from my questionong. I really encourage you to question whoever you scum read too.

Shadow hasn't been in the thread for the last like 30 hours, until literally right now. Gotta play the hand your dealt.

I really have to run to class but I'll check in soon, at least I have reasonably consistent wifi today. If you have questions for me please post them now (if they're way back in the thread I doubt I'll get to them on my phone tbh).

1) u scum?
2) come on, be honest now.
3) do you think there's more likely to be 2 millers and a rat, 2 millers no rat, 1 miller with a rat, or 1 miller no rat?
4) who are your 3 biggest town reads?
5) why aren't you skipping class?
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Firestorm94 » 14 Jan 2019, 19:17

Hey Durga, sorry if I missed you responding to this, but I'm hoping to get an answer here: How likely do you think 2 townie millers is right now? Where is your mind at on shadow, and how much scummier do you think ZZ is than her?
Firestorm94

Standard rating: (1026)
All-game rating: (1025)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 19:18

@SHADOW

shadowface wrote:I really have to run to class but I'll check in soon, at least I have reasonably consistent wifi today. If you have questions for me please post them now (if they're way back in the thread I doubt I'll get to them on my phone tbh).

At the time of this post, were you aware that this is the vote count?

shadowface (4): kimpossible, UpsideDownChuck, Firestorm94, UFO Fever
agni (2): Dwiltse1114, ZoomZip
Milo (1): nanooktheeskimo
Firestorm94 (1): shadowface
Zoomzip (1): Durga

Is this an all town wagon on you? Are you aware of UDC's analysis of your miller claim and the weirdness surrounding it? This is UDC's post, and I think you should pay attention to it.

Zoomzip

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 14 Jan 2019, 19:19

I think Durga is approaching this wrong, but I also think she’s radiating towniness.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1389

Postby kimpossible » 14 Jan 2019, 19:21

I also noted someone mentioned the other day that Mylo is afraid to engage when scum. I'm coming off of having just been burned by reading too much into what I saw as his poor engagement, but we're in the second day and he's come in several times to basically just leave a "Sorry, no time now!" message. When does it cross the line from "Let's wait and see once he engages" to "He seems to be avoiding the thread"?

And we have no Agni in 24 hours? SMITF if this is happening again.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 19:21

OK, so...

SJG has said no to providing the link in thread. SJG has said no to providing a screenshot. SJG will accept copy/paste plus quotation in thread. So that option is out there. I am choosing not to do that at this time.

PPE: Can you provide links ot that Milo behavior? I am intrigued.

Zoomzip

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads