Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Postby UFO Fever » 14 Jan 2019, 19:00

Durga wrote:
UFO Fever wrote:If you don't believe what he said that there's 4 cops and he's actually scum, we'll just kill him tomorrow. If he's scum, he won't be killed, and when he lives tomorrow but no one backs up his story we kill him then. Like sure, maybe you don't believe him, but we're going to get definitive proof in a day.

So you're telling me, if I have a scum read, I should shut up and pretend I don't? Instead of questioning them now? Is that what you're telling me? Is this the kind of game you want to play? I don't think we get definitive proof in a day. That's ridiculous

You in essence said "I think he's lying so let's kill him." Well, when the next day begins, we will KNOW whether or not he was lying, so we can kill him THEN. Pointing out suspicions is fine, but I'm not seeing your logic in how you're going about this.
Silver Classicist.
Acting former bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
Undefeated as scum*.
Dad, if you’re reading this, who the hell taught you how to use the forum?
UFO Fever

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1157)
All-game rating: (1163)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby kimpossible » 14 Jan 2019, 19:01

Liking FS more as he continues posting. Waiting to see what else develops.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 14 Jan 2019, 19:01

Hey hey hey, is this cop thread a quicktopic? Can you just give us the link to view? Is that allowed? Then we can all read into it.

Or screenshot it or something, if you want to black out the names. Haven't thought much about cop infosec, don't even know what it's worth if you don't put any stock in IRs because it's not like scum are going to target crappy cops. But it would clear things up if we could just read what's happening.
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby Durga » 14 Jan 2019, 19:02

No UFO. That's not all I said. I love you but please stop trying to detract from my questionong. I really encourage you to question whoever you scum read too.
Durga
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Postby UFO Fever » 14 Jan 2019, 19:03

Durga wrote:No UFO. That's not all I said. I love you but please stop trying to detract from my questionong. I really encourage you to question whoever you scum read too.

Shadow hasn't been in the thread for the last like 30 hours, until literally right now. Gotta play the hand your dealt.
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 19:04

Durga wrote:@ZZ one more thing re the aggressive scum hunting point. I think it's a bit of a contradiction between you not having a strong scum read and "three cops coming out with a guilty"

Isn't the natural inclination here to aggressively push the guilty scan to see what you get out of it. To my knowledge you haven't done that at all. Please explain this.

If it is not clear from the other discussion, the three IRs of guilty were invited by a player who knew (and even proposed) they be investigated. Prior to knowing which, if any of us, could be reliable (sane) cops. So it is possible that a rat requested three other cops, all of which could be sane from the rat's POV, to investigate themselves. But... it doesn't feel right.

From a balance perspective, 3 unreliable cops, say, a random, a paranoid, and an insane (well, at least, predictable unreliable), seems at least JUST AS LIKELY as a legit IR. Behaviorally... I don't see it there as something I want to go to the mattresses on. I have been burned on that before, (GoT D3, Got a guilty on Bwlvych, he was framed town, then got a Guilty D4 on... some dude whose name starts with an S and at least I had the good sense to ignore it and that dude was town and we won)
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 19:06

shadowface wrote:Hey hey hey, is this cop thread a quicktopic? Can you just give us the link to view? Is that allowed? Then we can all read into it.

Or screenshot it or something, if you want to black out the names. Haven't thought much about cop infosec, don't even know what it's worth if you don't put any stock in IRs because it's not like scum are going to target crappy cops. But it would clear things up if we could just read what's happening.

First of all, I think my fellow cops would hate me if I did any of this, I have already been chastised for giving the first 50 post summary.

Second... I will at least ask SJG, if nothing else so that others know.

Zoomzip

Postby UFO Fever » 14 Jan 2019, 19:07

Zoomzip wrote:
UFO Fever wrote:
Durga wrote:If you could please read for me UFO, you would see how multifaceted my scum read actually is. Until then, I encourage you to sit in a corner and do your best to find some scum. Okay? Thank you.

Fuck off

Seems a bit too much escalation there UFO.

Survive 22 years of arguing with my father and brother and you'll see why "a bit too much escalation" is my middle name.
Silver Classicist.
Undefeated as scum*.
UFO Fever

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2019, 19:08

UFO Fever wrote:Survive 22 years of arguing with my father and brother and you'll see why "a bit too much escalation" is my middle name.

Not a good reason dude. This isn't your brother or your father. It's someone else playing an internet game.

I regret some of the choices I have made, don't make my mistakes.

Zoomzip

Postby shadowface » 14 Jan 2019, 19:09

UFO Fever wrote:
Durga wrote:No UFO. That's not all I said. I love you but please stop trying to detract from my questionong. I really encourage you to question whoever you scum read too.

Shadow hasn't been in the thread for the last like 30 hours, until literally right now. Gotta play the hand your dealt.

I really have to run to class but I'll check in soon, at least I have reasonably consistent wifi today. If you have questions for me please post them now (if they're way back in the thread I doubt I'll get to them on my phone tbh).
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads