Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Moderators: bkbkbk, Telleo, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Postby sjg11 » 08 Jan 2019, 18:43

The Vigil looked down at his victims.

"Well, it's 3-1 to the Good Guys now. A shame, a win for you guys in Fable 11 would have gone a long way towards allowing you the opportunity to free sjg. Oh well, the next contest should become extremely interesting as a result. If you fail... then sjg may never be rescued. Which would be sad. Particularly considering the fact that he died because you were unable to win for him the last time."

The portal opens up again and it does not even remotely surprise you to find yourself back in Sunnydale.

The Vigil starts speaking, "Welcome back everyone. This time, the Mayor of Sunnydale is up to something nefarious. He... well... errr... he intends to become a giant snake. I'm not entirely sure how to phrase that differently to be honest with you. He's an... unusual fellow. If you stop him, you move one step closer to freeing sjg. If you fail... you move one step closer to ensuring that sjg remains trapped in a fiery prison. Good luck and may the best team win! So that's effectively the team without nanook in it."

#FreeSjg

The Rules are here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11wV ... sp=sharing.

Roster
1. Nanook
2. Agnimandur
3. kimpossible
4. shadowface
5. Durga
6. UFO Fever
7. Firestorm94
8. Zoomzip
9. UpsideDownChuck
10. Dwiltse1114
11. Myloninja13
12. Conq

Day 1 will begin at 7:30 PM GMT on 12th January 2019.

Game Map:
End of Day 1: https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=59125&start=1050#p971881
End of Day 2: https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=306&t=59125&p=972842#p972842

ISOs:
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Postby sjg11 » 12 Jan 2019, 21:48

The sun rises over Sunnydale, California. The Vigil (who is not a Buffy character) appears overhead, "Good morning all, I hope that you are ready to get this started here today".

The Vigil waves his hand and a screen appears before him. "Now, as per the rules, here is how you vote..."

The Vigil writes the name "sjg11" in big and red. Suddenly a message flashes across his screen.

"ERROR", it states.

The Vigil tries again and fails. The Vigil eventually gives up and asks you to deliver your votes to him directly.

For Day One ONLY, the voting rules for this game have changed. You must all deliver your votes to me in the normal big and red BY PM. In other words, you must send a PM detailing who you are going to vote for. At the end of the day I will reveal how many votes each candidate received but NOT who voted for whom. To repeat, this is only in effect on Day One.

And you may begin! Day One will end on 15th January 2019 at 19:45 PM GMT.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby Conq » 12 Jan 2019, 22:09

I don’t know who this Sjg guy thinks he is, but I prefer voting here in the thread.

I suggest the following corrective measure:

We vote in the thread, per usual. We move up the voting deadline by 10 minutes. Whoever is ahead at the t-10 deadline using traditional voting is the lynch, and we all agree to PM that name to Sjg during the 10 minute window after our internal time limit passes.
Conq
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2437
All-game rating: 2578
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 12 Jan 2019, 22:17

I agree with the fact that we should all still publicLY post our votes in thread however that 10 minute thing is kinda dumb cuz some might not be able to be on at that time...

So still vote in thread but send your vote to sjg whenever you feel secure on a vote is my choice there and one I will be following regardless...

On a side note good morning I'll be here most of today tomorrow Monday and Tuesday so I'll keep up
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Dwiltse1114

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 12 Jan 2019, 22:18

Dwiltse1114 wrote:I agree with the fact that we should all still publicLY post our votes in thread however that 10 minute thing is kinda dumb cuz some might not be able to be on at that time...

So still vote in thread but send your vote to sjg whenever you feel secure on a vote is my choice there and one I will be following regardless...

On a side note good morning I'll be here most of today tomorrow Monday and Tuesday so I'll keep up

Doing my way will still be effective as sjg stated he st8ll plans on showing how many are voting said person just not who is voting said person...
Dwiltse1114

Postby Conq » 12 Jan 2019, 22:21

Dwiltse1114 wrote:I agree with the fact that we should all still publicLY post our votes in thread however that 10 minute thing is kinda dumb cuz some might not be able to be on at that time...

No. Your plan allows for shenanigans in the voting, and it will be difficult to tell who changed their vote.

Let’s say that the vote comes down to Scum v Town. Scum can vote to lynch the Townie, while making it very unclear to the rest of us who voted differently. That is a huge downside to just taking this restriction as given.

On the other hand, if we do it my way, all we need is 4 townies online in the last 10 minutes to ensure that the public votes are effective.

This is not a close call at all.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 12 Jan 2019, 22:26

Conq wrote:

No. Your plan allows for shenanigans in the voting, and it will be difficult to tell who changed their vote.

Let’s say that the vote comes down to Scum v Town. Scum can vote to lynch the Townie, while making it very unclear to the rest of us who voted differently. That is a huge downside to just taking this restriction as given.

On the other hand, if we do it my way, all we need is 4 townies online in the last 10 minutes to ensure that the public votes are effective.

This is not a close call at all.

Do it ur way I'm not gonna promise whatsoever ill be on at deadline should be but shit comes up so if I'm not not my fault or my problem cuz 10 minutes at eod is cutting it close I feel given an hour maybe 2 I can get behind that cuz then everyone should be able to be on for at least a bit during that time but not 10 mins
Dwiltse1114

Postby Conq » 12 Jan 2019, 22:34

I’m not married to 10 minutes.

I can commit to being on at the wire. We need 7 people around at the end to be certain that the will of the town is communicated to Sjg. Who else can commit to being here at EOD?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Durga » 12 Jan 2019, 22:47

this means we should probably all vote the same person. having 20 wagons with a few people on each will not be useful here if we want to direct this lynch.

ps i'm a miller because i'm a snitch
Durga
Premium Member

Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)

Postby Firestorm94 » 12 Jan 2019, 22:53

Conq wrote:I don’t know who this Sjg guy thinks he is, but I prefer voting here in the thread.

I suggest the following corrective measure:

We vote in the thread, per usual. We move up the voting deadline by 10 minutes. Whoever is ahead at the t-10 deadline using traditional voting is the lynch, and we all agree to PM that name to Sjg during the 10 minute window after our internal time limit passes.

I'm willing to go along with this, but let's think it through.

So with this plan, the person who would have been town-killed in a normal day would be town-killed anyway. We still get public voting data which should still be reasonably useful.

I need to check with sjg about what happens if a player does not submit a vote. If they are just counted as an abstention, then we should be fine, and we can just not submit any votes until 10 minutes before EOD. If the players who don't vote get their votes allocated randomly, then we're in a bit of a stickier situation. There would be a lot more room for scum to mess with things this way.

I'll check with sjg before I waste more keystrokes on this.

So is this a Mad World style one-gimmick-per-day kind of thing, or is this some kind of role power? I don't really know how much answering that would necessarily help us, but it's certainly curious.

PPE: Conq, I'm not 100% sure if I'll be around at EOD, but I can try.

Other housekeeping items:
Can we get some IRs? I was specifically told that I would come up as a Force for Good. Anyone who won't come up as town should say so before a cop goes and outs themselves thinking they have a locked-in scumread.

PPE2:
sjg just confirmed to me that nothing happens to players' votes if they do not submit a vote before the deadline. So I think it's in the town's best interests not to submit any votes at this point. If we can't guarantee 7 people in-thread before our cutoff time, then we might have to figure something else out. But I think that'll be as simple as moving the cutoff time up a bit.

I can say with a bit more certainty that I would be able to be around within an hour of EOD if that helps at all.

I'd just want to emphasize that if we get some kind of consensus on this plan that any townies going loose-cannon and throwing a vote down somewhere other than the leader is pretty bad news for the town. Please discuss things with us before doing something silly!
Firestorm94

Standard rating: (1026)
All-game rating: (1025)
Timezone: GMT-6

Next

Return to Game Threads