Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game over (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 03:13

Dwiltse1114 wrote:ok it might have been mentioned but I missed it can anyone explain to me why peaopl are using stupidface and not shadowface?


Because she's stupid.
Gold Classicist Member
User avatar
ExiledAtHome
 
Posts: 3376
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 22:56
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby Keirador » 06 Mar 2018, 03:14

Dwiltse1114 wrote:ok it might have been mentioned but I missed it can anyone explain to me why peaopl are using stupidface and not shadowface?

Oh, because she has a stupid face. A stupid, stupid face.

PPE: Yeah, that.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
User avatar
Keirador
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: 01 Dec 2008, 21:36
Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 03:18

Keirador wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:ok it might have been mentioned but I missed it can anyone explain to me why peaopl are using stupidface and not shadowface?

Oh, because she has a stupid face. A stupid, stupid face.

PPE: Yeah, that.


fair enough XD I just wish I wasn't outside the joke lol
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
User avatar
Dwiltse1114
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: 19 Jan 2018, 18:17
Location: 14047
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby Harb » 06 Mar 2018, 03:18

ExiledAtHome wrote:Harb,

Not sure it you're familiar with Kim's meta, but it's been an ongoing light-hearted insight that she just comes across as super townie when she's town, helpful in logging data, for example, and has a tough time faking things. There's a genuineness to her. In this particular reference, I was speaking more to her overall approach, which mirrors my own, which was essentially: read the Wyse link, adopt a lessons learned approach, commit to reveals, and narrow in on a collective IR target or two. This is how I approached entry into the game (my initial post suggested everyone read Wyse's link to the prior game), and Kim was the one other player thus far strongly pushing that idea as well. So I dig it. What's wrong with my tone?


Definitely familiar with the meta. The note about overall approach is a good one, I can dig that. Was there anything in particular that came across as genuine?

As for tone, I'm not sure. It didn't feel genuine in a way that I'm struggling to explain. Trying too hard to fit in maybe? Anticipating that others were gonna feel that way, wanting to get in on their goodwill when everyone was patting themselves on the back for townreading Kim. Like trying to drop a Telleo limerick your first visit here cause it seems like this thing people do.
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
User avatar
Harb
 
Posts: 4623
Joined: 03 May 2012, 15:08
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 03:19

Harb wrote:
Keirador wrote:Harb, on the town EAH was taking re: Little Miss Townie, I think I'm picking up what you're putting down: that EAH seems vaguely dissatisfied that kim is capable of that Aura of Greater Towniness effect, and that's weird, because it's helpful for town. Is that correct? If so, I'd point out that Exiled just lost a game as scum, in quite significant part because of kim's AGT special ability, so that might be the source of dissatisfaction.


Actually, that's something I can totally see but not what I was getting at. It struck me more as a point where EAH was trying to say something that looked townie but didn't mean it. I didn't see any disgruntlement, but someone going for earnestness. I I was more tweaked by the fact that I'm not sure what he's referencing, that Kim has a pretty limited number of posts for striking a Kim level townie chord, and that he's also pointing out she's in the same space as him while pointing out how townie she is.

If that's the source of his dissatisfaction, how do you read that right now? I'm not sure if you're supporting or dissuading the idea you thought I was putting forth.


Harb, this doesn't seem like you at all. Are you seriously questioning why Kim would stand out as more townie to me than anyone else at that time?

You say she'd had limited posts. But she by far has been the most active, and is actually putting forth a town-positive strategic plan that mirrors my own thinking. Should I ignore that? Hint: the answer is "no."

**As for Little Miss Townie, just some joking sour grapes from last game, Fable 10. Completely independent from my alignment in this game. Scum EAH doesn't probably want to impugn towniness on any serious level. Just messing with Kim.
Gold Classicist Member
User avatar
ExiledAtHome
 
Posts: 3376
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 22:56
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby Keirador » 06 Mar 2018, 03:20

. . . wow I immediately feel bad about being a white man in my 30s calling a young woman "stupid face" even though I know it's a joke. Dwilt, that player used to be known as shadowfriend, and in a recent game a player continually accidentally referred to her as shadowface, which was funny. You'd have to ask Telleo how "shadowface" became "stupidface," but it was eagerly seized upon by those she'd bamboozled, and then her brother (condude) added "stupidface" as a legitimately recognized nickname to the Tabulator.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
User avatar
Keirador
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: 01 Dec 2008, 21:36
Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby Nanook » 06 Mar 2018, 03:23

Alrighty, back in thread and catching up. Before that--yes, OBVIOUSLY reasons exist to doubt my IR of shadow--but until I see evidence of those reasons, it's just as likely to be accurate as anybody else's. Christ people. I read the rules, keep your damn socks on.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
User avatar
Nanook
 
Posts: 11167
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: Florida
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 03:24

Harb wrote:
ExiledAtHome wrote:Harb,

Not sure it you're familiar with Kim's meta, but it's been an ongoing light-hearted insight that she just comes across as super townie when she's town, helpful in logging data, for example, and has a tough time faking things. There's a genuineness to her. In this particular reference, I was speaking more to her overall approach, which mirrors my own, which was essentially: read the Wyse link, adopt a lessons learned approach, commit to reveals, and narrow in on a collective IR target or two. This is how I approached entry into the game (my initial post suggested everyone read Wyse's link to the prior game), and Kim was the one other player thus far strongly pushing that idea as well. So I dig it. What's wrong with my tone?


Definitely familiar with the meta. The note about overall approach is a good one, I can dig that. Was there anything in particular that came across as genuine?

As for tone, I'm not sure. It didn't feel genuine in a way that I'm struggling to explain. Trying too hard to fit in maybe? Anticipating that others were gonna feel that way, wanting to get in on their goodwill when everyone was patting themselves on the back for townreading Kim. Like trying to drop a Telleo limerick your first visit here cause it seems like this thing people do.


Striking a townie chord, for me, was her willingness to jump in and offer to track reveals, her immediate correction of dWilte(?) positing that we pursue No-Lynch votes (which is prohibited by the rules), and her overall encouragement that people read and adopt some permutation of Wyse's strategy. Her over all engagement just strikes me as anathema to what scum would be trying to do, and if she's scum, it's a damned good facade, which she's traditionally struggled with.
Gold Classicist Member
User avatar
ExiledAtHome
 
Posts: 3376
Joined: 19 Aug 2014, 22:56
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 03:26

Keirador wrote:. . . wow I immediately feel bad about being a white man in my 30s calling a young woman "stupid face" even though I know it's a joke. Dwilt, that player used to be known as shadowfriend, and in a recent game a player continually accidentally referred to her as shadowface, which was funny. You'd have to ask Telleo how "shadowface" became "stupidface," but it was eagerly seized upon by those she'd bamboozled, and then her brother (condude) added "stupidface" as a legitimately recognized nickname to the Tabulator.


all right lol I was just curious ill have to ask telleo at some point or she can just get on and say it w.e. but I wouldn't feel bad I'm sure we all consider some people stupid everyday at least I personally do working in the customer service industry lol

also exile I didn't propose no lynch that would have been parab
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
User avatar
Dwiltse1114
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: 19 Jan 2018, 18:17
Location: 14047
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 03:27

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Alrighty, back in thread and catching up. Before that--yes, OBVIOUSLY reasons exist to doubt my IR of shadow--but until I see evidence of those reasons, it's just as likely to be accurate as anybody else's. Christ people. I read the rules, keep your damn socks on.


this should b fun
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
User avatar
Dwiltse1114
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: 19 Jan 2018, 18:17
Location: 14047
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests