Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game over (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 03:28

Dwiltse1114 wrote:
Keirador wrote:. . . wow I immediately feel bad about being a white man in my 30s calling a young woman "stupid face" even though I know it's a joke. Dwilt, that player used to be known as shadowfriend, and in a recent game a player continually accidentally referred to her as shadowface, which was funny. You'd have to ask Telleo how "shadowface" became "stupidface," but it was eagerly seized upon by those she'd bamboozled, and then her brother (condude) added "stupidface" as a legitimately recognized nickname to the Tabulator.

all right lol I was just curious ill have to ask telleo at some point or she can just get on and say it w.e. but I wouldn't feel bad I'm sure we all consider some people stupid everyday at least I personally do working in the customer service industry lol

also exile I didn't propose no lynch that would have been parab

Whoops. Sorry. On my phone, couldn't recall exactly who it was, but needed to respond to Harb.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 03:29

ExiledAtHome wrote:
Dwiltse1114 wrote:
Keirador wrote:. . . wow I immediately feel bad about being a white man in my 30s calling a young woman "stupid face" even though I know it's a joke. Dwilt, that player used to be known as shadowfriend, and in a recent game a player continually accidentally referred to her as shadowface, which was funny. You'd have to ask Telleo how "shadowface" became "stupidface," but it was eagerly seized upon by those she'd bamboozled, and then her brother (condude) added "stupidface" as a legitimately recognized nickname to the Tabulator.

all right lol I was just curious ill have to ask telleo at some point or she can just get on and say it w.e. but I wouldn't feel bad I'm sure we all consider some people stupid everyday at least I personally do working in the customer service industry lol

also exile I didn't propose no lynch that would have been parab

Whoops. Sorry. On my phone, couldn't recall exactly who it was, but needed to respond to Harb.

its all good was just making the correction although I do wish no lynch was an option
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby RedSun » 06 Mar 2018, 03:30

#1 could Kim be confirmed Townie?
She said she got "Honest" back in the PM and was the first player back to do so. Unless it says somewhere in the rules the word you'll get back when investigating could that be a clear? Same with Nook who used the word Dirty which I assume is correct since everyone's saying it.

#2 If #1 is correct: could we potentially almost all target Kim or Nook? Anyone who gets dirty on him/her we would know is incorrect and thus the reverse cop or paranoid cop and the others who get correct are either naive or correct cop.
Random cops would just be impossible to tell at this point.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby RedSun » 06 Mar 2018, 03:31

Also Kim: post your spreadsheet with claims at EOD each day so if your killed we can pick up on it
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 03:32

RedSun wrote:#1 could Kim be confirmed Townie?
She said she got "Honest" back in the PM and was the first player back to do so. Unless it says somewhere in the rules the word you'll get back when investigating could that be a clear? Same with Nook who used the word Dirty which I assume is correct since everyone's saying it.

#2 If #1 is correct: could we potentially almost all target Kim or Nook? Anyone who gets dirty on him/her we would know is incorrect and thus the reverse cop or paranoid cop and the others who get correct are either naive or correct cop.

Nope. I don't buy those as clears. They're are two classes of players, Dirty Cops and Honest Cops. It's no stretch to assume that's the verbiage that would come back on IRs.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 03:33

*There
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 03:34

ExiledAtHome wrote:
RedSun wrote:#1 could Kim be confirmed Townie?

Nope. I don't buy those as clears. They're are two classes of players, Dirty Cops and Honest Cops. It's no stretch to assume that's the verbiage that would come back on IRs.

agree in exiles statement anyone who looks at the rules can guess or assume that honest and dirty are the investigation results
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Harb » 06 Mar 2018, 03:34

Keirador wrote:Dissuading the idea that I thought you were putting forth. "Little Miss Townie" does not strike me as a compliment, a jovial thing to say, or really anything besides sarcasm. I make similarly jocularly embellishing comments on kim's towniness, but I guess there's something about employing the diminutive here that strikes me as unfriendly/unhappy/ungruntled. I thought you were saying the sour note was scum-indicative, I was countering that it could be carry-over sourness from last game, but you're saying you don't see it as sour at all? So we're talking past each other and should probs let EAH weigh in.

Why are you dissuading the idea you thought I was putting forth though? If EAH just lost a game as scum and Kim's Towniest of All feel was a part of, why is town EAH disgruntled at the start of this game? Shouldn't he be feeling relief that at least this time it's in his favor? I think I'm confused. Even granting some carryover feeling it's hard to imagine that sourness from a town to someone they think could be a huge asset, especially in someone who's fresh off of seeing that asset turn in a town win.

I didn't get sour, no. Just... trying too hard to fit in?

ExiledAtHome wrote:Harb, this doesn't seem like you at all. Are you seriously questioning why Kim would stand out as more townie to me than anyone else at that time?

You say she'd had limited posts. But she by far has been the most active, and is actually putting forth a town-positive strategic plan that mirrors my own thinking. Should I ignore that? Hint: the answer is "no."

**As for Little Miss Townie, just some joking sour grapes from last game, Fable 10. Completely independent from my alignment in this game. Scum EAH doesn't probably want to impugn towniness on any serious level. Just messing with Kim.

Meh. You'd be surprised at the ridiculous things I can believe as town.

To respond though: Your statement regarding Kim's townieness wasn't relative to others. Just that she was striking Little Miss Townie chords. Which, as a reference to her meta, implies a lot more certainty than her level of posts seemed to allow. I mean, the meta is that she presents rock solid as townie over time. I didn't think we'd reached that point, and you seemed to be reaching for it. Which may be where some of the trying too hard feeling came from. You're talking more about it though, so I'm seeing more of where your feeling was coming from.

I'll also say that you were the scum I picked out from the first few pages of Normal. Could be influencing my reaction.
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)

Postby Keirador » 06 Mar 2018, 03:37

ExiledAtHome wrote:
Harb wrote:
Keirador wrote:Harb, on the town EAH was taking re: Little Miss Townie, I think I'm picking up what you're putting down: that EAH seems vaguely dissatisfied that kim is capable of that Aura of Greater Towniness effect, and that's weird, because it's helpful for town. Is that correct? If so, I'd point out that Exiled just lost a game as scum, in quite significant part because of kim's AGT special ability, so that might be the source of dissatisfaction.

Actually, that's something I can totally see but not what I was getting at. It struck me more as a point where EAH was trying to say something that looked townie but didn't mean it. I didn't see any disgruntlement, but someone going for earnestness. I I was more tweaked by the fact that I'm not sure what he's referencing, that Kim has a pretty limited number of posts for striking a Kim level townie chord, and that he's also pointing out she's in the same space as him while pointing out how townie she is.

If that's the source of his dissatisfaction, how do you read that right now? I'm not sure if you're supporting or dissuading the idea you thought I was putting forth.

Harb, this doesn't seem like you at all. Are you seriously questioning why Kim would stand out as more townie to me than anyone else at that time?

. . . that's not what's happening.

ExiledAtHome wrote:**As for Little Miss Townie, just some joking sour grapes from last game, Fable 10. Completely independent from my alignment in this game. Scum EAH doesn't probably want to impugn towniness on any serious level. Just messing with Kim.

Uh. . . you mean Normal. Wasn't she third party in Fable 10 and didn't have her normal Aura of Greater Towniness?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Keirador » 06 Mar 2018, 03:39

nanooktheeskimo wrote:Alrighty, back in thread and catching up. Before that--yes, OBVIOUSLY reasons exist to doubt my IR of shadow--but until I see evidence of those reasons, it's just as likely to be accurate as anybody else's. Christ people. I read the rules, keep your damn socks on.

So you think everybody should be voting for their IR if they got a red check? What does it mean to you that apart from yourself, nobody who got a red check is doing that?
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads