Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game over (Town wins!)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXX: Internal Affairs 2.0 Game thread (Day 1)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 02:24

Parabellum wrote:
RedSun wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
Wait is that what your PM said? That Harb was "innocent"?

The exact word in my PM was "Honest"

I assumed you'd know innocent meant honest…

I knew what you meant, but to me that kinda looks like you didn't know what our investigation pm's said.

RedSun wrote:I understand what your getting at but Kim said it before me so I knew what the investigation PM said already even if I was scum.

Are you suggesting that PB is possibly trying to jump on something against you that he knows is NAI?
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 02:27

Dwiltse1114 wrote:
ExiledAtHome wrote:
Parabellum wrote:Hi guys! Super excited to play again, after sitting out wrestling mafia (which was awesome to watch - y'all are so creative!).

I'm kind of confused on the reveals thing - should we be giving up all that info right off the bat? Since we have no idea who is right and who is wrong, it seems like it might help mafia more (since they already know alignment).

Typically, yeah I'd be a little cautious about InfoSec concerns, but we have several players in this game who are reliable cops, and that's a huge asset if we can ever determine who they are. And we can't determine who is reliable without reveals and cross referencing data.

The alternative is just to ignore the cop roles altogether and play vanilla, but that seems a major waste of a potential powerful tool. Have you read the original version of this game that Wyse linked to?

im in agreeence to sharing our nightly investigations however the bolded portion helps the town sure but it also means scum most likely have found out who the reliable cops are as well if we have found out...

We have a sort of collective doctor mechanism by which the players we target the scum can't really afford to NK because that proves their alignments and gives our IRs more clarity.

Plus, scum have to continually lie about their IRs and try to build a consistent persona about their own "roles" so I think the the advantage outweighs the risk.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 02:29

Parabellum[quote="RedSun wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:Yes. Read the strategy post I linked above. We need all our IRs out and on the table because those are where scum will have to lie.

And they don't necessarily know. I got an Honest on Harb, but I could be naive, random, or insane and that result might be wrong. Scum doesn't know our cop type any more than we do.

K I investigate Harb too and I got innocent

Wait is that what your PM said? That Harb was "innocent"?[/quote]

I also caught this and thought potential scum slip but maybe an honest townie mistake guess we will figure it out as we go huh?

P.S. im going through the pages while also building a slightly larger post... and texting... and playing ark...
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Dwiltse1114 » 06 Mar 2018, 02:32

ExiledAtHome"[quote="Dwiltse1114 wrote:
ExiledAtHome wrote:
Parabellum wrote:Hi guys! Super excited to play again, after sitting out wrestling mafia (which was awesome to watch - y'all are so creative!).

I'm kind of confused on the reveals thing - should we be giving up all that info right off the bat? Since we have no idea who is right and who is wrong, it seems like it might help mafia more (since they already know alignment).

Typically, yeah I'd be a little cautious about InfoSec concerns, but we have several players in this game who are reliable cops, and that's a huge asset if we can ever determine who they are. And we can't determine who is reliable without reveals and cross referencing data.

The alternative is just to ignore the cop roles altogether and play vanilla, but that seems a major waste of a potential powerful tool. Have you read the original version of this game that Wyse linked to?

im in agreeence to sharing our nightly investigations however the bolded portion helps the town sure but it also means scum most likely have found out who the reliable cops are as well if we have found out...

We have a sort of collective doctor mechanism by which the players we target the scum can't really afford to NK because that proves their alignments and gives our IRs more clarity.

Plus, scum have to continually lie about their IRs and try to build a consistent persona about their own "roles" so I think the the advantage outweighs the risk
.[/quote]

good point I can see how that's a thing and we can roll off with it...
I'm me I'm odd learn to deal with it... all geniuses' are crazy...
Timeclock of Confusion :?:,
Dwiltse1114

Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1048)
Timezone: GMT

Postby RedSun » 06 Mar 2018, 02:34

ExiledAtHome wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
RedSun wrote:

I knew what you meant, but to me that kinda looks like you didn't know what our investigation pm's said.

RedSun wrote:I understand what your getting at but Kim said it before me so I knew what the investigation PM said already even if I was scum.

Are you suggesting that PB is possibly trying to jump on something against you that he knows is NAI?

No, just clarifying that if I were scum all I would've had to do was copy what Kim said. The fact I used a different word instead of honest when I could obviously have used honest since it was right there doesn't indicate anything.
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Parabellum » 06 Mar 2018, 02:34

ExiledAtHome wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
RedSun wrote:

Two things:

First of all, I did not get that suggestion from RS's post at all, but it does look like you are soft pushing it.

Second, I didn't think about when that word was first in-thread; I was just comparing his post to my PM, and I saw a discrepancy.

I'm still not sure it's NAI.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 02:35

Sjg,

You played the original version of this game.

Any lessons learned that you would like to weigh in with?
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby ExiledAtHome » 06 Mar 2018, 02:40

ExiledAtHome wrote:
Parabellum wrote:
RedSun wrote:

Parabellum wrote:Two things:

First of all, I did not get that suggestion from RS's post at all, but it does look like you are soft pushing it.

Second, I didn't think about when that word was first in-thread; I was just comparing his post to my PM, and I saw a discrepancy.

Soft pushing. God, I hate that phrase.

No, I'm not soft pushing the idea, I'm trying to understand RS's mindset and trying to get a clearer picture of what he was saying by asking him a question. I read that as a possible explanation for the way he pushed back on you; just because you didn't read it that way doesn't mean I'm soft pushing an idea to him. I read it that way and asked him about it. He clarified. And that's that.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Postby Parabellum » 06 Mar 2018, 02:50

ExiledAtHome wrote:
ExiledAtHome wrote:
Parabellum wrote:I knew what you meant, but to me that kinda looks like you didn't know what our investigation pm's said.

Parabellum wrote:Two things:

Soft pushing. God, I hate that phrase.

No, I'm not soft pushing the idea, I'm trying to understand RS's mindset and trying to get a clearer picture of what he was saying by asking him a question. I read that as a possible explanation for the way he pushed back on you; just because you didn't read it that way doesn't mean I'm soft pushing an idea to him. I read it that way and asked him about it. He clarified. And that's that.

Ok. I accept your explanation, but here's why it looks like soft pushing; RS said nothing at all about whether I should know that his post is NAI or not; he's just explaining why he thinks his post is, indeed, NAI. In other words, I'm not the subject of any sentence or idea in his post. Your question to him logically shifts the subject to me, so that you're implying that RS is saying something about me when in fact he did not. To be honest, I think you were just reading too deep into his post, and inventing a motivation for his action that wasn't there.
The thought of you has upheld me through all I have endured today, and shall, through fifty times such trouble. Give me your hand. My heart is linked to yours... What, if I am steeped in poverty? You lighten it, and we will be poor together.
Parabellum

Standard rating: (990)
All-game rating: (978)

Postby Harb » 06 Mar 2018, 02:53

kimbyrle wrote:For N0 I investigated Harb. I chose him because I was just* talking to Keir in the queue thread about how difficult scumHarb is to lynch.

Actually, this is worth remembering. If it seems like I'm actually going to get lynched, I'm probably town and votes should be moved. Also won't deny being a little flattered at the chorus of Harb investigations.

I've read most of Dethy which was a similar though smaller and simpler set up, and reviewed a little of the stuff from wyse's link but not in depth.

It looks like reveals are well under way, and I'll chime in. I investigated Shadowface who came up Honest. I investigated shadow because it seemed like she'd been talked about frequently in the recent past and would be on people's minds, making it more likely to draw multiple investigations.

I mentioned to Telleo while kibitzing Normal that I'm trying to lean more on first impressions instead of torturing myself around in circles over little things. We'll see where that lands long term, but short term it means EAH.

Weirded out by this post that struck me as performative. I don't even know what Kim post/s he's referring to that made him feel this way, and the tone is off in a way that I'm having trouble explaining.

Additionally I didn't like the tone of his jump in on the PB/RS innocent versus honest discussion. It seems like he's stoking a fire that's burning real low. (PPE: PB notes this is soft pushing. Never a fan of that particular idea, but I think we're thinking the same things.

Other thoughts:

Is there any value in a trying to dictate a reveal order in the future? My instinct is no, but I'm not commiitted to it.

Actually, it turns out that's my only other thought.
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads