Mafia CLVI: Charity Mafia: -- Pure of Heart Win!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Charity Mafia: Day 1

Postby Happymeal » 10 Dec 2016, 21:47

I think he's referring to the play. A lot of people like it because it's pretty unique in that form of entertainment. I don't particularly like it however.
It's true I'm nervous, but why do you think I'm mad?
Happymeal

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby sjg11 » 10 Dec 2016, 21:48

Keirador wrote:
sjg11 wrote:Keirador's pretty much just voted and run without really engaging back with me.

Dude eat a crumple-horned snorkack. Or an erumpent, your choice. I do not desire to bring up any kind of GM interaction, but you're forcing my hand here. I was a reserve. The Sign-Up Thread said this game wouldn't start until after Fable was over, and my reserve activation PM didn't include a start time at all, so I joined up assuming this game would start AFTER Fable was over, which would have been much better for my timetable. I was also told that starting this game early, before Fable was finished, was specifically on the recommendation of you, sjg11. So this is pretty churlish. If our GM is to be believed, you are directly responsible for me not being around as much as I'd like. So I don't love the characterization of me "voting and running." I kinda think we know each other better than that.

I'm aware of all of this. I was playing an investigative role at that point. Although not sure if that particular comment was at Harb or condude so I'll reply with both.

I've already discussed the Harb interaction to Telleo but I wanted to bring Harb into the discussion of my slip and discussing the people voting for me seemed like a good way to do that.

If that was directed towards condude, there was a significant period when I wasn't understanding why condude was saying justy had engaged better than you in that period. Valid though your reasons are, you weren't posting as much around the issue as justy was so that comment confused me and I wanted to question condude on it.

Now, is it easier to find a snorkack or an erumpent at this time of night?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby Telleo » 10 Dec 2016, 21:52

Happymeal wrote:Telleo

Forgot to place a vote on telleo earlier. I have some issues with Telleo noted in the above posts that I would like be engaged upon. Some dropped topics here some lack of explanations there some hypocrisy somewhere else.

So I'm gonna go back and answer your longer post when I've got a computer, but nothing you mention here appears in that post. You don't complain about dropped topics. You don't complain about hipocrasy. You ask questions, but there isn't an accusation that I'm intentionally being unclear. Where is this vote coming from? Is this actually a scumread, or are you just seeking engagement?
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)

Postby sjg11 » 10 Dec 2016, 21:54

justy wrote:
@SJG: I honestly didn't even realize I should point it out that my town read on you isn't strong. I see D1 reads in general quite random. Most of the roster I think I can't read one way or a another. So when I said I town read you, I basically meant that I have had meaningful interaction with you and I think you've proposed town positive plan that you probably wouldn't as scum. So for example, if I should target my town read tonight in Harb's plan, you'd be one possibility.

Yeah this is why I went for condude over you in my last voting post. You made one comment about it before I pressed too much which held me back on the issue. And still does to be honest with you.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby sjg11 » 10 Dec 2016, 21:54

Keirador wrote:YO VIG WHO YOU IS?
Does anyone have an objection to vig revealing?

At this stage in the day no. We need unity.
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Happymeal » 10 Dec 2016, 21:54

Keirador wrote:
sjg11 wrote:Keirador's pretty much just voted and run without really engaging back with me.

Dude eat a crumple-horned snorkack. Or an erumpent, your choice. I do not desire to bring up any kind of GM interaction, but you're forcing my hand here. I was a reserve. The Sign-Up Thread said this game wouldn't start until after Fable was over, and my reserve activation PM didn't include a start time at all, so I joined up assuming this game would start AFTER Fable was over, which would have been much better for my timetable. I was also told that starting this game early, before Fable was finished, was specifically on the recommendation of you, sjg11. So this is pretty churlish. If our GM is to be believed, you are directly responsible for me not being around as much as I'd like. So I don't love the characterization of me "voting and running." I kinda think we know each other better than that.

Let me be honest, I too expected the game to start after Fable mafia, but it didn't so I had spent 12 hours on campus and not really had been able to participate as much so I comprehend the feeling.
Happymeal

Postby Happymeal » 10 Dec 2016, 21:57

Telleo wrote:
Happymeal wrote:Telleo

Forgot to place a vote on telleo earlier. I have some issues with Telleo noted in the above posts that I would like be engaged upon. Some dropped topics here some lack of explanations there some hypocrisy somewhere else.

So I'm gonna go back and answer your longer post when I've got a computer, but nothing you mention here appears in that post. You don't complain about dropped topics. You don't complain about hipocrasy. You ask questions, but there isn't an accusation that I'm intentionally being unclear. Where is this vote coming from? Is this actually a scumread, or are you just seeking engagement?

I was only commenting on your play up to page 15. There was a lot more from you so I wasn't certain about whether you would subsequently already answer those concerns, but basically you dropped the whole sjg slip randomly. Apologies for not making that clear in my post, I thought I did. On top of that the contradictions/hypocrisy comes from the Justy thing which I did mention in the post.

I voted you because you're my top read and I want to engage you most on the stuff I mentioned. Justy and everyone else mentioned should also respond.
Happymeal

Postby sjg11 » 10 Dec 2016, 22:04

Telleo wrote:
sjg11 wrote:As for justy... I have serious issues with his comments about my plan being town indicative. I feel like justy is smart enough to know that people proposing pro-town ideas is not a town indicative statement at all.

Asking as someone who has not played with justy before - is this true? It's certainly a mistake a lot of new town players make. Has justy shown that he understands this point in previous play?

justy's not a new town player. I can't off the top of my head, remember him saying something about this as town but it seems like something he knows better than to townread someone for on Day One.

I've discussed this in more detail and... I'm a little bit torn. On the one hand it feels a bit like sucking up or maybe a Mafia feeling a need to justify an Unvote and throwing out some bullshit about my plan leading to a townread.

On the other hand I may be overstating the importance of it... justy's definition of his townread makes this a more acceptable position to hold...

Harb, Keirador, condude, you guys have played with justy a fair amount, what do you think?
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Postby Happymeal » 10 Dec 2016, 22:08

sjg11 wrote:
Harb, Keirador, condude, you guys have played with justy a fair amount, what do you think?

I know you didn't ask me, but I think this is something that exists within Justy's town play. I have other concerns about him, but this isn't one of them. He's often the more passive analytical type which makes this type of post more in alignment with hi town play. However, this worries me because he's lacking consistency. He's a very consistent player, but I mentioned in my large post about why this lack of consistency in his play worries me a lot and asked him questions about it.
Happymeal

Postby condude1 » 10 Dec 2016, 22:08

Sjg: That's one reason that my vote is still on Justy. I don't think that he sincerely believes that proposing a good plan is town-indicative. I know, as mafia, I next to never try pushing through bad plans, and will support a good plan if possible. As scum I might allow a poor plan to pass, but rarely would I push for the same. I think Justy has played enough mafia, especially with you, to know that proposing a good plan does not make you town.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads