Mafia CXXXVII: A Shot in the Dark Game Thread Town Victory!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CXXXVII: A Shot in the Dark Game Thread (Day 5)

Postby UpsideDownChuck » 14 Mar 2015, 22:56

Ugluk "voting" to end day by quoting simblanco which does not actually end day since it's embedded in a quote. Looks townie because he is voting to end day while he himself is in the lead for votes, but it is misformatted so it doesn't actually increase his risk of dying.

Do we know for a fact that shadowfriend1 wasn't jailed by Harb night one? That seems important.
UpsideDownChuck

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1409)
All-game rating: (1427)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby lecrae » 14 Mar 2015, 23:39

UpsideDownChuck wrote:Ugluk "voting" to end day by quoting simblanco which does not actually end day since it's embedded in a quote. Looks townie because he is voting to end day while he himself is in the lead for votes, but it is misformatted so it doesn't actually increase his risk of dying.

Do we know for a fact that shadowfriend1 wasn't jailed by Harb night one? That seems important.

I feel like this might have been responded to, but again, my saving you failed, which meant you/I was blocked by Harb, I think.
lecrae

Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Ugluk » 15 Mar 2015, 00:37

UpsideDownChuck wrote:Ugluk "voting" to end day by quoting simblanco which does not actually end day since it's embedded in a quote. Looks townie because he is voting to end day while he himself is in the lead for votes, but it is misformatted so it doesn't actually increase his risk of dying.

I was not voting. I was high-lighting that Simblanco was eager to end the day with me as the lynch target.

If Jailor Harb did not block Crunkus (you) night one, then Alcester (lecrae) saw you out of your house performing an action. Since there's only one non-town remaining, that would make a dipole between the two of you.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Ugluk » 15 Mar 2015, 00:40

lecrae wrote:I feel like this might have been responded to, but again, my saving you failed, which meant you/I was blocked by Harb, I think.

If Lecrae had been blocked (which occurs first on the resolution order), he would not have been able to visit Crunkus (udc) and consequently report that Crunkus was not at home.

UDC, you may wish to consult the GM for missing information for night 1's results.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Postby Ugluk » 15 Mar 2015, 00:41

Rather, if Alcester, whose role is now performed by Lecrae ..
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Postby lecrae » 15 Mar 2015, 01:18

Ugluk, I was told that my action to protect Crunkus failed last night, not that he was out of his house, that ended up being flavor.
lecrae

Postby lecrae » 15 Mar 2015, 01:18

Ugluk wrote:

I was not voting. I was high-lighting that Simblanco was eager to end the day with me as the lynch target.

Your point?
lecrae

Postby lecrae » 15 Mar 2015, 01:20

Then again, the GM said there was some error with Night One's results, though we don't know exactly what wasn't right. I'm assuming my adjudication was fine because I haven't heard from the GM personally saying it wasn't.
lecrae

Postby condude1 » 15 Mar 2015, 01:39

Please stop posting!

Since the results are close, I'm going to leave this up for a few hours, to give time for any errors to be noticed. If you see something wrong, bring it to my attention promptly.

Ugluk (3): lecrae, shadowfriend1, simblanco
simblanco (3): shirt, Ugluk, UpsideDownChuck
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)

Postby condude1 » 15 Mar 2015, 05:04

And so, as the day draws to a close, the votes are tied firmly between Ugluk and Simblanco. Condude shows up in the town square, clearly here to break the tie. Unlike normal, Condude's shape could be made out from the inside of a carriage, but only his shadow. The carriage stops several feet out from the two candidates, with at least 6 bodyguards surrounding it. You here the sound of a coin clanking against the wooden floor of the carriage, followed by a voice, clearly Condude's.

"Ugluk, please step forward."

Ugluk, resigned to his fate, steps forward with his head hung. The guards take him by his arm, and are about to lead him out of town when they hear a gunshot ring out. Simblanco had drawn a gun and shot a bullet straight through the carriage, right into the figure inside. The guards quickly apprehend Simblanco, but all that shows on his face is pure glee. "I got him! Finally!" shouts Simblanco. That is, until someone notices that the figure inside the carriage hasn't moved, even though a bullet hole shows, clear through the carriage. Condude then appears from behind the carriage, perfectly intact, as the dummy inside is revealed.

"A celebration is in order! A round of drinks, on me. Two for Ugluk, for his close brush with our... justice system. I know how stressful this has been for you all, I apologize for the hardship it has cost you."

Simblanco was the Aspirant. He was lynched by a tie, broken by Random.org.

And with that, the game is now over, congratulations to the town!

The AAR thread: viewtopic.php?f=316&t=48507
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)

Previous

Return to Game Threads