Foreign Policy Magazine

Anything about the Diplomacy game in general.

Foreign Policy Magazine

Postby David E. Cohen » 23 Oct 2020, 14:39

They have a piece featuring Dip. PlayDiplomacy is mentioned: https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/10/23/th ... s-careers/
The Academy of Creative Destruction is looking for new members. Please contact me if you have questions or are interested in joining the ACD.
David E. Cohen

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Foreign Policy Magazine

Postby Perygl » 23 Oct 2020, 16:27

Thanks for sharing this! I've passed it along to my friends. 8-)
Once I was tipsy and I was doing magic and I broke a salt shaker.
Perygl
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1002
All-game rating: 888
Timezone: GMT-4

Re: Foreign Policy Magazine

Postby Malarky » 30 Oct 2020, 21:57

I love that Dip seems to have grown during the darkness of 2020. And I love reading this kind of article. Thanks, David.

By the way, I was listening to the DIplomacy Games Podcast recently (super_dipsy has been interviewed on it and he gave a fantastic interview, really selling Playdip and Diplomacy). It was in the conversation between Kaner and Amby after another interview when they mentioned how webDip and VDip had seen an increase in active members.

Something I hadn't really considered was brought up. A lot of people have been coming to Dip sites - I'm assuming the same phenomenon has happened here - and they pointed out that this included groups of friends. They mentioned that these groups were being considerate enough to create so many password protected games; on Playdip, Friends games.

Why does this need a mention? Because I have often read people complaining about how many of these games are on the Join Game list. Personally, I think it's great. It's too easy to join main site games and play to favour your mates. To recognise and respect the other players and the site rules enough to create Friends games instead deserves the site's and community's thanks, I think.
Respect neither opinions nor beliefs; only respect the person and the right to express them.
Play by the rules but be ferocious.
The Playdiplomacy Guide
Across the Whole Board
Malarky
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (918)
All-game rating: (1029)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Diplomacy Lore