Stories of a Convoyed Army

Anything about the Diplomacy game in general.

Stories of a Convoyed Army

Postby Crisu » 24 Nov 2008, 06:10

1. What conversations do you think a convoyed army has while it is being convoyed?

2. What about convoys that multiple players support? If an army in Turkey is convoyed with the help of Italy to France, what conversations would it have with the Italian fleets along the way?

3. How utterly disappointing would it be to arrive at your destination only to standoff/bounce ... and have to go ALL the way back to where you came from? How many months does that take?

4. What exactly is a fleet and an army anyway? I find it hilarious in a game using the tank/submarine icons and a sub convoys a tank from place to place.
I like gunboat. I dislike public-press. I'm too busy for live games, sorry. :(
Visit: MyAnimeList, Borderline Hikikomori, AnimeBlogger Antenna, Saimoe League
Crisu

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Stories of a Convoyed Army

Postby Master Radishes » 24 Nov 2008, 12:33

Crisu wrote:1. What conversations do you think a convoyed army has while it is being convoyed?

"Hey Mr Sock Puppet! How are you? Gosh, sure is lonely, jumping around on boats all by myself..."

Crisu wrote:2. What about convoys that multiple players support? If an army in Turkey is convoyed with the help of Italy to France, what conversations would it have with the Italian fleets along the way?

"(Something in Turkish)" "(Something in Italian)" "(Something in Turkish)" "(Something in Italian)"

Crisu wrote:3. How utterly disappointing would it be to arrive at your destination only to standoff/bounce ... and have to go ALL the way back to where you came from? How many months does that take?

Takes half a year. If you leave in the spring, you probably won't get back till the fall.

Crisu wrote:4. What exactly is a fleet and an army anyway? I find it hilarious in a game using the tank/submarine icons and a sub convoys a tank from place to place.

Super submarines, they are. Some can even fly. But that's not shown on the map.
Master Radishes
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1292
Timezone: GMT

Postby CowInAPie » 24 Nov 2008, 14:28

Wow, I lol'd
There are only three things you can't fake, talent, smarts, and an erection
CowInAPie

Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Diplomat » 24 Nov 2008, 20:46

HAH! :lol:

You can always count on MR to get inside the heads of his troops.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Return to Diplomacy Lore