Mafia- Queue

Looking for a game to sign up for? Come here.
Games in development, sign-ups, or just awaiting launch.

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby shadowface » 11 May 2018, 21:32

I believe popcorn is a fairly common setup, especially for live mafia.

I can give it a run this weekend :)
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 4621
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Vancouver
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby kimpossible » 11 May 2018, 21:35

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I would definitely play or GM this live.

I think it's actually kinda perfect as a live variant. If I just plain eliminate the lynch, then scum only need one night phase to talk and I never actually have to process votes because the gunbearer ultimately chooses. They can go with the vote, obviously, but it would be HELLA easy to GM.

The original setup is 4:7, but 2:4 might work? Given the numbers we usually end up with for live.

Sounds like it! Hopefully I’m available to play when you run this.

Would you mind f I ran this a time or two before then, or would you rather save the first run for when you can do it?

I want to jealously claim dibs on having been the one who suggested it... but it's fun and I'm sure will stand up to multiple plays.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 5977
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 11 May 2018, 21:40

I’m happy to stay away...I’ve got a 7 player game set to go next time I GM love and have enough, and I’ve got a 5 or 6 player setup I’ve been running that works pretty well...plus whatever I come up with on the fly...I’ll try to keep my hands off until you get it going ;)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9944
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby shadowface » 11 May 2018, 21:42

kimbyrle wrote:I want to jealously claim dibs on having been the one who suggested it... but it's fun and I'm sure will stand up to multiple plays.

Okay, that's fine, I'll do something else this weekend. I have a role madness setup that can be run infinite times that should be perfect.
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 4621
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Vancouver
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby kimpossible » 11 May 2018, 21:43

nanooktheeskimo wrote:I’m happy to stay away...I’ve got a 7 player game set to go next time I GM love and have enough, and I’ve got a 5 or 6 player setup I’ve been running that works pretty well...plus whatever I come up with on the fly...I’ll try to keep my hands off until you get it going ;)

I... uh... am leaving that right there.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 5977
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 11 May 2018, 22:14

kimbyrle wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I’m happy to stay away...I’ve got a 7 player game set to go next time I GM love and have enough, and I’ve got a 5 or 6 player setup I’ve been running that works pretty well...plus whatever I come up with on the fly...I’ll try to keep my hands off until you get it going ;)

I... uh... am leaving that right there.

Image
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9944
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby kimpossible » 11 May 2018, 22:24

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
kimbyrle wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I’m happy to stay away...I’ve got a 7 player game set to go next time I GM love and have enough, and I’ve got a 5 or 6 player setup I’ve been running that works pretty well...plus whatever I come up with on the fly...I’ll try to keep my hands off until you get it going ;)

I... uh... am leaving that right there.

Image

That image bears a disturbing resemblance to your avatar's smile. Which itself is also slightly disturbing. I always kinda think you're a manic neon clown.
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 5977
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby shadowface » 11 May 2018, 22:39

kimbyrle wrote:I always kinda think you're a manic neon clown.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks that.
The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

sjg11 wrote:You seem almost intelligent
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 4621
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Vancouver
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 11 May 2018, 22:41

I’m OK with this.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9944
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia- Queue

Postby nanooktheeskimo » 28 Jun 2018, 09:40

In lieu of the game of Resistance I've taken to running between mafia games, I'm running a 6 player game that's a mix between resistance and mafia called Contagion in the Palace. It'll start whenever we have enough players and Tribal has ended (Tribal shouldn't last more than 10 more real life days I think, if it takes the max amount of time). Signups are in the pending subforum: viewtopic.php?f=307&t=58114
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

I am your (co-) Leader.

GM of WitA 7, WitA 8.

Come play face to face!

Need a forum game GM'ed? PM me!

Mod (but I'm normally not talking as one)
User avatar
nanooktheeskimo
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9944
Joined: 19 Jun 2014, 19:52
Location: East TN
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1209
All-game rating: 1413
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Pending Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest