Firefly Mafia Sign Ups (14/14) Game Over!

Moderators: Telleo, condude1, bkbkbk, Zoomzip, sjg11

Firefly Mafia Sign Ups (14/14) Game Over!

Postby ak47 » 08 Dec 2012, 17:31

Firefly Mafia:The Infiltration of Serenity

Overview
The Firefly-Class space Serenity, registration number 404-E-132-4FE274A, is on a job transporting a few passengers and old friends from Ariel to Osiris when someone sabotaged the engine. The ship is now in drift with its communications disabled. All life support systems remain active but until the threat is uncovered and the missing parts are found the ship isn't going anywhere. It appears the a small group of Alliance soldiers have infiltrated the ship and aim to remove the crew of the ship that has been such a thorn in their backside. (Side note: I suck at story telling \o/)

This game will have 14 players.

There are three alignments--the Browncoats (town), and the infiltrating members of the Alliance (Mafia), there may be even a single Self aligned character . There are 10-11 loyal to the Browncoats, and 3-four players loyal to the Alliance. The Self-aligned character, if present, works alone.

Don't read too much into flavor, images, or names. The Alliance and Self Aligned characters have all been given aliases of those friendly to the Browncoats, who they are certain won't be around to counter their identities.

Rules:
-2. Be civil, or at least not too rude, to everyone! This oughta be a given; as such, it's rule -2. Following this rule is very important!
-1. Play to win. This rule is very important as well! If you're about to be lynched, don't reveal who your scum-friends are; don't give up and surrender to lynches if you can avoid it, either. Sometimes, giving up can be strategic--but if it's just surrendering to avoid defending yourself...
0. This is a game--the whole point is to have fun. If you're not having fun, it means something's wrong; feel free to message me if this occurs.
1. Vote for the lynch like this--large, red (#FF0000) font. I'm fine with nicknames and abbreviations, but if I can't tell who it's for I won't count it.
1.5 I will be using Connect4's vote-counter. If your vote doesn't register on the vote counter--due to having the wrong size or color, for example--it will not be counted. I will post votals occasionally for you all to check against, but I recommend keeping track of votals yourself.
2. No PMing unless a role or ability allows you to. The mafia, of course, are the exception--provided they keep me CC'd they can communicate freely with one another.
3. The day ends when I post the end of the day . I'll provide an approximate time for each day and night end; each day will last roughly 72 hours, and each night will last up to 48 hours with speed deadlines in effect.
3.5. If a player's actions end a day. All posts and votes afterwards are not counted.
4. When you're dead, you're dead--please, don't post investigates, suspicions, or, really, anything post-mortem and in-thread--unless your role allows it.
4.5 Your role will not allow it.
5. No Lynch and Abstain are valid options.
5.5 In the event of a tie between players, I will determine who is lynched based on who reached the higher total first, or came from the higher total. No Lynch will take priority unless a role gets in the way.
6. Do not use orange text, or variants on the color orange, unless your role allows it.
6.5. If a player writes something in large and orange, treat it as though I myself said it, and as though it is guaranteed true, unless I say otherwise. If you have the ability to post or activate abilities like this, your role will confirm that you can post his way.
7. In the same vein as rule 5, don't fake-activate abilities during the day. Activating an ability which you do not have is grounds for a modkill or replacement.
8. Please kindly refrain from editing or deleting posts :D.
9. In the unlikely event that a player is modkilled, they will be replaced by the mod and hopefully everything continues as normal if not I will take actions to make sure the game continues as fairly as possible.
10. The Browncoats win if there is a loyal member of the Browncoats alive and all Alliance Members and any self aligned characters have been eliminated. The Alliance wins when all Browncoat players have died, along with the self aligned characters, and there is at least one Alliance member left alive, or when nothing can prevent the same. It is conceivable, albeit unlikely, that the number of Alliance could equal the number of Browncoats without the Alliance winning. If this is true, I will state that the game is continuing despite the number of players on each side.
10.1 The Self aligned character, if present, wins if everyone else dies.
10.5 In the unlikely, but possible event that every single player in the game is dead, no one wins. This is because everyone will be dead.
10.6 This shouldn't happen...
10.7 ...but it might.
11. Don't copy-paste your role PM or other private messages with the GM. I will kill you...in real life.
11.5. In the same vein as this--feel free to make cases based on numbers, actions, or even the plausibility of claims and roles - but, don't ask questions like, "What is the fifth word in your alignment PM?" when trying to deduce alignments. That ain't mafia, that's Extreme Hangman. Which is actually a fun game if you don't mind sending your friends to the hospital with neck related injuries.

1. sjg11
2. vindictus
3. Constantine072
4. HerrPeklaj
5. Crunkus
6. bluestreaksoccer
7. blackswimmer
8. Harb
9. presser84
10. lecrae
11. Bazza
12. Ugluk
13. Duc Depuce
14. starshooter7324

Reserves:
1. bkbkbk
2. gislason
Last edited by ak47 on 16 Feb 2013, 02:22, edited 22 times in total.
Firefly Mafia in queue. Express interest here
"Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal"
"Ha ha ha Mine is an evil laugh!"
Forever the King of Mafia
Lover of Bacon
ak47

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Firefly Mafia

Postby Subotai45 » 08 Dec 2012, 18:25

I'm interested. When will it start?
Subotai45

All-game rating: 4127

Postby ak47 » 08 Dec 2012, 23:36

Subotai45 wrote:I'm interested. When will it start?

It is currently 4th in the Standard Queue so probably about a month or so until sign ups start and the ball gets moving.
Lover of Bacon
ak47

Postby ak47 » 13 Jan 2013, 03:22

Lover of Bacon
ak47

Re: Firefly Mafia Sign Ups Now Open (0/14)

Postby sjg11 » 13 Jan 2013, 13:42

I'm in.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Firefly Mafia Sign Ups Now Open (1/14)

Postby vindictus » 13 Jan 2013, 17:55

Show is so bad ass, I'm in.
Platinum member of the Classicists
vindictus

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (974)
All-game rating: (974)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Constantine072 » 13 Jan 2013, 18:03

Quick question before I sign up do you require knowledge of source material?
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Postby ak47 » 13 Jan 2013, 18:33

And for the record since there is no standard game currently going we will start playing as soon as we have enough players/reserves.

Constantine072 wrote:Quick question before I sign up do you require knowledge of source material?

I don't think so. The only thing I got from the show was character names and possibly how some characters interact with each other.
Lover of Bacon
ak47

Re: Firefly Mafia Sign Ups Now Open (2/14)

Postby Constantine072 » 13 Jan 2013, 18:41

Sign me up then I guess
SWG - RIP - Benjam Frail Radiant
(former fan) of GPG till Dungeon Siege 3 and Supreme Commander 2
ARM and UEF forever
Also known as Dragun101, and Schlitzaf on other forums
Constantine072

Re: Firefly Mafia Sign Ups Now Open (2/14)

Postby NicolBolas » 13 Jan 2013, 19:13

Sign me up. :)
You will fully understand fear when you discover it is the final thing you put your faith in.
NicolBolas

All-game rating: (900)
Timezone: GMT+1

Next

Return to Sign-ups and Rules