A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 21:24

Aeschines wrote:[I think I have to add both Fatmo and Nook to scumleans.
Fatmo - scum-lean (STR maybe just foolhardy?)
Nook - scum-lean (STR!!! with zero explanation)

I still think Durga is a good pick. But I want Nook to give me any kind of reason why he'd go and pick the scummiest ability of them all.

Note: Aeschines was on Durga for about two pages day 1 based on her power selection, and then he moves to Nook for the same reason.
Conq
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2549
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 21:32

Conq wrote:Here is the order of power reveals:
1. Sjg: Luck/Endurance
2. Durga: Luck/Charisma
3. Kim: Agility/Luck
4. Nook: Strength/Luck
5. Conq: Charisma/Agility
6. Aeschines: Perception/Intelligence
7. Fatmo: Strength/Agility

I am still trying to get over the fact that Scum!Aeschines probably actually did have Intelligence as a power, which is a very strange pick for scum. And I just wonder whether, perhaps, scum got to talking about powers and thought that it would be more effective simply to choose powers that are not incriminating. Keeping in mind that power choices like this are often revealed in games like this, perhaps scum went into the choice thinking: "Let's choose powers for how they make us blend in, not for what they actually do," especially given the activation rate of 20% or less. Maybe Aeschines chose Intelligence just to have something different from his partner.

Granted, that whole paragraph above is super speculative. But these are the thoughts swimming in my head.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 21:37

Fatmo wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:And unless you think the scum team is exactly me and Conq, then you know there's something to my read since Conq made basically the same one.

Dude, that's why I'm asking you to explain more about all this. Lol I still don't get some stuff sometimes so if you want me to buy what you're selling I have to be able to actually understand it to some degree. I don't think Conq is scum now, though as you can see I've had some questions for him. I'm trying to sort through things. Nothing you'd done really seemed very helpful or informative for a long time. I'm sorry if that's just a me thing, but clearly it's not just me suspicious of you in general.

This is the kind of post from Fatmo that pings me as Town. It conveys his lack of knowledge and indecision in a very authentic way. If this is scum talking, it is a really impressive scum game. I really think it's town.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 21:44

Durga wrote:Maybe I'm wrong about Aes and this is just what his playstyle is like? I find the whole making reads off of the power choices so bizarre though. And slightly lazy. But maybe he's just lost.

If he's not on the table today then I'll join some people on this one.

sjg

SJG where are your thoughts at with scum again? I think Aes moved his vote off me. I'm a little shocked that apparently SJG forgot to enter in his decision. When we were scum together I felt like he was way more on the ball than I was.

I'd like to explore Fatmo as a lynch choice too. I've said this before but it's always a struggle for me to read people like Fatmo. There's just so much content I get lost in it

So here is the post Day 1 where Durga moves off Aeschines. Interestingly, she seems to back off her scum read a bit, and gives him a pass for "maybe he's just lost" and "this is just what his playstyle is like," which echos the townreads that Aesch had received mostly from Kimpossible.

And then if I'm recalling correctly, when Durga goes back to scumreading Aeschines on Day 2, she just goes right back to the same reasons (e.g., uses mechanics in all of his reads). So it's weird that she used that argument early Day 1 to say he's scum, backed off when it mattered, and then just picked it back up again Day 2 when there were two CHA claims, there was suspicion on her, and her views on who was scum were not going to move the needle.

@Durga, give me your best shot on explaining your progression on Aeschines. Were you sincere here when you speculated that maybe this was just his playstyle? What's going on here?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 21:51

Conq wrote:Anyone have a vote count? Deadline in 15.

I keep Town reading people. My POE says Aeschines May be scum.

Here is my vote for Aeschines with 15 minutes to go in the phase.

Vote count was this:

sjg (2): Nook, Durga
Nanook (3): Aeschines, Fatmo, Sjg
Fatmo (1): Kim
Aeschines (1): Conq

At that stage, Kim was trying to save Nook, and Nook would have definitely moved to Aeschines for self-preservation. I think that if Durga would have returned to Aeschines, he would have died D1, or at least it would have been close.

I know I am coming at this with some critical knowledge about my alignment that you two don't have, but I'm surprised this is not basically clearing for me at this point now that we know Aeschines's alignment. I would not have hung my only partner out to dry like this with 15 minutes left in the phase with the vote stuck on Town vs. Town.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 21:57

kimpossible wrote:
Durga wrote:Why is Kim voting a town read of hers to save Nook

Have you READ my posts? I've been pretty clear that I'm trying to rank sjg, Fatmo, and Nanook. I thought sjg was more likely town than Nanook, but the last few posts from him have changed my mind. I'm not voting my strong townreads, hence not voting Conq or Aeschines.

Ahhhhhhh...check this out.

Okay, so this is Kim's last post of reads before she died. For me to be scum, the scumteam would have had to kill someone strong town reading them both, who also happened to have AGI as a major power.

Durga? Still think I'm scum?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 21:57

I'll try to get through Day 2 later this evening.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 22:49

Is either one of you guys planning to re-read at all?
Conq
Premium Member

Postby Fatmo » 12 Jul 2019, 23:55

I hope I have the time to reread.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby Fatmo » 12 Jul 2019, 23:55

But yes, I ordinarily would go through in great detail.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads