A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Moderators: bkbkbk, Telleo, condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 06:31

Durga wrote:Town Conq would know I'm town here.

Ya know, you’ve been saying this kind of thing a lot. And it’s just a meaningless refrain. It just looks scummy to me. If you’re Town, you have not towntold like you always do when you’re Town. And, if you are Town, you don’t seem to recognize that your game is off. And it’s weird that you think I would townread you over Fatmo given the game you’ve played and the game he has played. I don’t believe that you would think this is so obvious that I must be scum if I don’t just immediately vote for Fatmo. This just seems fake.
User avatar
Conq
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 01:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2437
All-game rating: 2578
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 06:38

Conq wrote:
Durga wrote:Town Conq would know I'm town here.

Ya know, you’ve been saying this kind of thing a lot. And it’s just a meaningless refrain. It just looks scummy to me. If you’re Town, you have not towntold like you always do when you’re Town. And, if you are Town, you don’t seem to recognize that your game is off. And it’s weird that you think I would townread you over Fatmo given the game you’ve played and the game he has played. I don’t believe that you would think this is so obvious that I must be scum if I don’t just immediately vote for Fatmo. This just seems fake.


It's not about the game I've played. It's about the game Aes has played.

You never play like this as town, dejected and defeated. It's just not like you.

Fatmo, think about it this way. Practically everyone scum read me right? Out of everyone, it was only me and Nanook who scum read Aes more. In fact, Aes, were it not for Nanook CHA, would be very likely to survive. You and Conq both town read him. Neither of you town read me. If I was his teammate and he had INT (which is a weird choice for scum to pick I think which is why I assumed Nook had INT over CHA) activated, and he was more heavily town read then I was, why would I vote him alongside Nook? We would definitely make sure that he sufficiently bussed me to then get credit and make the end game. I would not fight for his lynch like that. Not because I'm trying to tell you what I'd hypothetically do. But because it makes no sense to do what I did as scum.
User avatar
Durga
Premium Member
 
Posts: 441
Joined: 31 Jan 2017, 00:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 06:42

You aren't even telling me what's scummy about my play. You're just asserting I look off because in your mind I haven't "obv towned". Oh and maybe I lurked a bit more than usual because I'm busy and this isn't webdip. I've done this in other playdip games where you've town read me. Come on Conq, come up with real reasons. I'm happy to battle with you.

Why is weird I town read Fatmo? Frankly I don't know if he's town, but it's your play that's way scummier and off your meta imo.

What about this seems fake? Don't just assert it. I've given you plenty of content to work with here. Tell me what makes me scummy, in your words, please.
User avatar
Durga
Premium Member
 
Posts: 441
Joined: 31 Jan 2017, 00:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 06:49

Now, you're welcome to also try to change my mind about Fatmo. But I'm having a difficult time with this idea that you're leaning towards me being scum given
a) it would mean my only solid scum read all game was a scum read on my partner
b) my partner, who was more town read than me, ended up getting lynched by me and my strong town read when I had a reason to try and potentially lynch a townie and sacrifice myself - who has been nothing but scum read literally all game for no reason
c) instead of trying to get a townie lynched, which neither me or my partner Aes attempted to do at LYLO where we would win the game if we got a mislynch, we tunnelled on each other and bussed each other

So yeah. I really have a hard time with this idea that you think I'm somehow scummier than Fatmo.
User avatar
Durga
Premium Member
 
Posts: 441
Joined: 31 Jan 2017, 00:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Fatmo » 12 Jul 2019, 06:50

Conq, quickly about asking Nook whose vote he controlled.

Nook had said earlier in the day that he’d reveal whose vote he controlled closer to EOD. At one point he said he’d try to do it an hour before. That’s why I started asking him about it about an hour before EOD.

You had also expressed curiosity there as well.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.
User avatar
Fatmo
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1823
Joined: 04 Oct 2010, 21:28
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 06:55

100 percent if I was scum with Aes I would not, in fact no one would, continue to scum read him after d1 where Kim oh-so-confidently told me my reads were trash and Aes was townie. After she died I'd just be like shiiit Kim was so right. And why would I bother hard town reading the town player with CHA activated. Talk about asinine scum play.
User avatar
Durga
Premium Member
 
Posts: 441
Joined: 31 Jan 2017, 00:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Conq » 12 Jul 2019, 07:00

Durga wrote:Fatmo, think about it this way. Practically everyone scum read me right? Out of everyone, it was only me and Nanook who scum read Aes more. In fact, Aes, were it not for Nanook CHA, would be very likely to survive. You and Conq both town read him. Neither of you town read me. If I was his teammate and he had INT (which is a weird choice for scum to pick I think which is why I assumed Nook had INT over CHA) activated, and he was more heavily town read then I was, why would I vote him alongside Nook? We would definitely make sure that he sufficiently bussed me to then get credit and make the end game. I would not fight for his lynch like that. Not because I'm trying to tell you what I'd hypothetically do. But because it makes no sense to do what I did as scum.

(1) There is just no way on Earth you are convinced I am sum here.
(2) I think you just slipped.

Can you say what we would expect a Durga/Aeschines team to do during the day yesterday? Like, who should we expect them to vote for and push on?
User avatar
Conq
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2500
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 01:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2437
All-game rating: 2578
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 07:00

Frankly, recalling how Fatmo and Aes communicated now it feels like he was totally buddied by Aes. Which is a point in favour of you being scum Balkins.
User avatar
Durga
Premium Member
 
Posts: 441
Joined: 31 Jan 2017, 00:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 07:02

Conq wrote:
Durga wrote:Fatmo, think about it this way. Practically everyone scum read me right? Out of everyone, it was only me and Nanook who scum read Aes more. In fact, Aes, were it not for Nanook CHA, would be very likely to survive. You and Conq both town read him. Neither of you town read me. If I was his teammate and he had INT (which is a weird choice for scum to pick I think which is why I assumed Nook had INT over CHA) activated, and he was more heavily town read then I was, why would I vote him alongside Nook? We would definitely make sure that he sufficiently bussed me to then get credit and make the end game. I would not fight for his lynch like that. Not because I'm trying to tell you what I'd hypothetically do. But because it makes no sense to do what I did as scum.

(1) There is just no way on Earth you are convinced I am sum here.
(2) I think you just slipped.

Can you say what we would expect a Durga/Aeschines team to do during the day yesterday? Like, who should we expect them to vote for and push on?


I can't slip I'm not scum, but feel free to enlighten me about this "slip"

What part of 70 percent is "convinced"? I'm laying my reasons out to you and this is your response? Try harder pls.

Lol what? Literally anyone else??? No way scum busses each other at goddamn LYLO and you know this!! Also if scum actually have day chat and can coordinate and potentially have an extra vote. Like that's actually crazy.
User avatar
Durga
Premium Member
 
Posts: 441
Joined: 31 Jan 2017, 00:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Re: A Very SPECIAL Game Thread of Mafia

Postby Durga » 12 Jul 2019, 07:04

I also now understand why you were shading me so much for not pushing Aes harder on D1. I thought that was really weird given you didn't know Aes's alignment. But it seems you did know it. And you were setting me up to look bad in the event he flipped.
User avatar
Durga
Premium Member
 
Posts: 441
Joined: 31 Jan 2017, 00:59
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests