Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Moderators: condude1, sjg11, Zoomzip, bkbkbk, Telleo

Re: Fable Mafia 12- Graduation Day Game Thread

Postby shadowface » 12 Jan 2019, 23:52

Firestorm94 wrote:Also, Buffy is confirmed in the rules to be a townie. Barring any unknown conditions that only Buffy is aware of, would it be a good idea for Buffy to reveal? Like, obviously this paints a target on Buffy's back for the night kill, but being an obvious kill also means being an obvious target for watchers or doctors.

At the very least, it would probably be a good idea for Buffy to reveal if they are in danger of being town-killed today.

Why would Buffy reveal unless they are about to be lynched? Painting a target on Buffy's back doesn't seem to be something that can be more valuable then the downside of probably losing a cleared/clearable townie. If it were, scum just wouldn't target Buffy. I don't think that's the case at all, but my point is that town can't win from this... if they could, scum just wouldn't play.

Obviously if a cleared townie is at risk of getting lynched, they claim. Otherwise it's just going to be a net negative result.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Conq » 12 Jan 2019, 23:52

kimpossible wrote:Also: we already have reveals, so are we just going for it?

I don't like this post at all.

Be specific on what you mean by reveals. And state your own opinion. Do you think we should reveal something? This reads to me like you're basically encouraging people to "reveal," which could cause some people to divulge more info than is optimal.

I assume by "reveal" you mean state your scan alignment? I think that is fine. I hope that nobody else reveals more than that at this point.
Conq
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2410
All-game rating: 2575

Postby kimpossible » 12 Jan 2019, 23:53

Durga wrote:I also think shadowface is probably scum because of that weird comment on justification of the miller claim in the role pm without actually alluding to what it is

I’d like to see if there are any other duplicate roles claimed, but this was my first thought as well.

PPE: Oh for Christ’s sake Conq. I’m not encouraging revealing, I’m asking people to fucking discuss it before they reveal. That train has already left the station, and I think it’s goddamn obvious from my hesitation that I’m not thrilled it did.
Bearer of the Former Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby kimpossible » 12 Jan 2019, 23:55

Conq wrote:
Firestorm94 wrote:Also, Buffy is confirmed in the rules to be a townie. Barring any unknown conditions that only Buffy is aware of, would it be a good idea for Buffy to reveal? Like, obviously this paints a target on Buffy's back for the night kill, but being an obvious kill also means being an obvious target for watchers or doctors.

At the very least, it would probably be a good idea for Buffy to reveal if they are in danger of being town-killed today.

My vote is for Buffy to reveal only if she is in severe lynch danger. This is a secret we should keep.

Agreed on this.

Her?
kimpossible

Postby Durga » 12 Jan 2019, 23:55

its gonna be easy. lets just vote here and to sjg, and make it hard for the 3 scum to tie the vote eod. and the rest of this day should just be played as per usual
Durga

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (981)
All-game rating: (983)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Myloninja13 » 12 Jan 2019, 23:55

Yo yo guys! Checking in now because Imma be busy for a bit but afterwards I'll be a free boy once again!
Myloninja13

Postby Conq » 12 Jan 2019, 23:57

Do not send votes to Sjg.

This is how we are doing voting today:

Exactly the same as in every other game.

The one change is that at a specified time that we will agree on shortly (let's call it t-1 hour), voting will be locked and the lynch choice will be final. At that moment, everyone will submit a vote to Sjg to enforce the will of the town.

This allows us to completely neutralize the anti-town mechanic that is in play today.

This plan is optimal. We just need to decide what our self-enforcing vote cutoff is. I say 1 hour before Sjg's stated cutoff to give us plenty of time.
Conq
Premium Member

Postby kimpossible » 13 Jan 2019, 00:01

Oh good, I’m glad I’m completely shut down and Conq gets to be the ultimate declarer of our rules.

Thanks for being unwilling to dicuss with me.

I’m going to go cool off. I had more than enough of being left out of shit the last month.

Her?
kimpossible

Postby shadowface » 13 Jan 2019, 00:01

kimpossible wrote:
Durga wrote:I also think shadowface is probably scum because of that weird comment on justification of the miller claim in the role pm without actually alluding to what it is

I’d like to see if there are any other duplicate roles claimed, but this was my first thought as well.

I think it is just flavor text, which also might be relevant to my abilities, and I don't want to claim what my ability is, so I don't necessarily want to unnecessarily share the flavor text. And I see no advantage in doing so.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1

The begrudging bearer of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface

Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)

Postby Conq » 13 Jan 2019, 00:05

kimpossible wrote:Oh good, I’m glad I’m completely shut down and Conq gets to be the ultimate declarer of our rules.

Thanks for being unwilling to dicuss with me.

I’m going to go cool off. I had more than enough of being left out of shit the last month.

I'm sorry if you are upset about this. I don't care about who declares what, but I do care that we avoid vote shenanigans when we have the option to avoid them.

Of course I welcome you to express your views. I also want to be clear about my level of certainty about what strategy is optimal.
Conq
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads