Mafia CLXVIII: Normal Mafia - D4

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Mafia CLXVIII: Normal Mafia - D2

Postby ExiledAtHome » 21 Jan 2018, 00:07

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
ExiledAtHome wrote:The question was in the context of your claim not aligning with your earlier thoughts on when a cop should claim.

I was looking for more elaboration on why you broke with your earlier conviction. Your last comment here does that somewhat, so thanks. But it wasn't a permative question.

I mean...I'm pretty sure I laid out exactly that reasoning when I revealed or right after it. So yeah, it looks a bit performative as either alignment.

Whatevs, dude. We'll revisit after Sjg flips.
Gold Classicist Member
ExiledAtHome

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1385)
All-game rating: (1590)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 21 Jan 2018, 00:09

ExiledAtHome wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:
ExiledAtHome wrote:The question was in the context of your claim not aligning with your earlier thoughts on when a cop should claim.

I was looking for more elaboration on why you broke with your earlier conviction. Your last comment here does that somewhat, so thanks. But it wasn't a permative question.

I mean...I'm pretty sure I laid out exactly that reasoning when I revealed or right after it. So yeah, it looks a bit performative as either alignment.

Whatevs, dude. We'll revisit after Sjg flips.

Fair enough. I expect much crow to be eaten.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Keirador » 21 Jan 2018, 00:10

ExiledAtHome wrote:Whatevs, dude. We'll revisit after Sjg flips.

Also my attitude re: the reasonability of your Nook/kim thesis, fwiw.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Keirador » 21 Jan 2018, 00:10

Nanook you'd better fucking be town or else I'll lose an argument to Exiled, which is MUCH WORSE than losing a game of mafia.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)

Postby Telleo » 21 Jan 2018, 00:11

END DAY.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Nanook » 21 Jan 2018, 00:12

Keirador wrote:Nanook you'd better fucking be town or else I'll lose an argument to Exiled, which is MUCH WORSE than losing a game of mafia.

Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Telleo » 21 Jan 2018, 00:19

nanooktheeskimo (3): ExiledAtHome, GPD, sjg11
SJG11 (4): Keirador, kimbyrle, nanooktheeskimo, Zoomzip

It's a close call, but apparently today Sjg11 must die. He is executed in the public square, and afterwards when you leaf through his diary you find it an incomprehensible mess. Sjg11 was town. . JK, he was scum, just wanted to give Nook a bit of a scare. SF put me up to it.

Sjg was scum.

It is now N2. D3 begins 24 hours from now, at 2:00 PM Pacific Time on Sunday, Jan 21.

Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Re: Mafia CLXVIII: Normal Mafia - N1

Postby Telleo » 22 Jan 2018, 22:05

Day 3 start!

During the night, Nanooktheeskimo was brutally murdered. He was town.

Day 3 ends at 12:00, Pacific Time, Thursday January whateverthursdayis.

Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Postby kimpossible » 22 Jan 2018, 22:11

Telleo for the EOD2 heart attack.

Alright, so I know I have some stuff to answer for. I've been dreading this because I know (because people were happy to tell me) that I apparently made some wildly anti-town moves D2, and I hate having to talk about my fuckups when I already know I done fucked up. But that's the game. Sigh.

First, EAH's theory rattled me because it came so entirely out of left field FMPOV. I've never faced such a big untrue case being constructed against me. I know I've played the "I'm still pretty new at this card!" a lot this last day, but it's TRUE. This is still only my third town game, and it's the only one that's been vanilla. (And yes, I know I need to grow a thicker skin.)

It seems at times like there's this unwritten Big Book of Town Shalt Not that I haven't finished getting educated on, some of which is just counterintuitive to me until someone explains it, including stuff like "We don't think about where the PRs might be," which seemed to me like something town should care about so we can try not to kill them, or to recognize their info when it's there! And the feeling that I was making mistakes because there were these "rules" I didn't know about just got me more and more wound up and struggling to think clearly.

Second, I was working in limited little windows of time on Saturday. ZZ and I were at a gaming event (which had already been mentioned in thread) and I was snatching moments where I could to try to keep up while not being rude to the other players. In one of those moments I saw Keir say his townread on me had dropped to zero and I panicked because 3 players (including GPD) with a hard scumread on me could have lost the game for us if I had gotten Nanook wrong. Caring about what happened the next day or the day after made sense to me, and I had what seemed like a solution. I needed ZZ and Keir to tell me to just focus on killing scum, and nobody could tell me that until I displayed that I didn't already know it.

@Keir: Now that I have time to explain it properly, the post you pulled out where I was talking about numbers as part of my cop-read -- it was not me rolehunting and it wasn't part of the original read. I had already read him the night I changed my vote just as described, by realizing he was telling us how certain he was and asking myself why. The next morning I did a review of where it made sense, numbers-wise, for the Cop to be. My read fell within the window of plausibility. I don't think it's fair to call that rolehunting when it was just a sanity check before I committed any further.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Strategus » 22 Jan 2018, 22:16

kimbyrle wrote:Telleo for the EOD2 heart attack.

Alright, so I know I have some stuff to answer for. I've been dreading this because I know (because people were happy to tell me) that I apparently made some wildly anti-town moves D2, and I hate having to talk about my fuckups when I already know I done fucked up. But that's the game. Sigh.

First, EAH's theory rattled me because it came so entirely out of left field FMPOV. I've never faced such a big untrue case being constructed against me. I know I've played the "I'm still pretty new at this card!" a lot this last day, but it's TRUE. This is still only my third town game, and it's the only one that's been vanilla. (And yes, I know I need to grow a thicker skin.)

It seems at times like there's this unwritten Big Book of Town Shalt Not that I haven't finished getting educated on, some of which is just counterintuitive to me until someone explains it, including stuff like "We don't think about where the PRs might be," which seemed to me like something town should care about so we can try not to kill them, or to recognize their info when it's there! And the feeling that I was making mistakes because there were these "rules" I didn't know about just got me more and more wound up and struggling to think clearly.

Second, I was working in limited little windows of time on Saturday. ZZ and I were at a gaming event (which had already been mentioned in thread) and I was snatching moments where I could to try to keep up while not being rude to the other players. In one of those moments I saw Keir say his townread on me had dropped to zero and I panicked because 3 players (including GPD) with a hard scumread on me could have lost the game for us if I had gotten Nanook wrong. Caring about what happened the next day or the day after made sense to me, and I had what seemed like a solution. I needed ZZ and Keir to tell me to just focus on killing scum, and nobody could tell me that until I displayed that I didn't already know it.

@Keir: Now that I have time to explain it properly, the post you pulled out where I was talking about numbers as part of my cop-read -- it was not me rolehunting and it wasn't part of the original read. I had already read him the night I changed my vote just as described, by realizing he was telling us how certain he was and asking myself why. The next morning I did a review of where it made sense, numbers-wise, for the Cop to be. My read fell within the window of plausibility. I don't think it's fair to call that rolehunting when it was just a sanity check before I committed any further.
i don't see why you think I had a hard scumread on you. Maybe a slight one.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1588
All-game rating: 1698