Mafia CLXIV: Second Chance Mafia Day 4

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 2

Postby shadowface » 16 Sep 2017, 04:01

Zoomzip wrote:
shadowfriend1 wrote:Zoomzip, if you're around could you give me a summary of why you're voting Nanook over Nick today?

I hate the unanimity of nook vote. I think nick3 has issues. I am more
Persuaded by the feel on nick 3 than the feel on nook.

2 of us are scum, 4 are town. How do you expect to lynch correctly today if we aren't pretty close to unanimity? Mathematically the town needs to be totally unanimous to make sure we don't lose today.

Personally I think it's a nook/nick team, so I'm not against voting nick. I just like the nook case too, and I think if nook flips scum it will speak volumes about nick.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Nanook » 16 Sep 2017, 04:02

Back and catching up. Seems like this is pretty much a lost cause though. Hopefully I rez as town and we make it through the night. At least if I make it through the night and we're still playing I'll have the vindication of being able to say I told you so, and we'll have two mech clears. So that's something to hope for.

shadowfriend1 wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I'll be back before EOD. I really don't want to lose this game because I got mislynched in large part by not having enough time to be active and play like I normally do. So far Keirador is really the only vote against me that I'm kind of ok with--it's wrong, but I can see where it's coming from. Sjg is very much overblowing my voting record, while shadow is being borderline hypocritical with part of her case. My money is on SJG to be the scum out of there, with his most likely partner being ZZ to my mind (shadow is also a decent possibility).

It's almost funny how OMGUSy your read of me is. I mean, seriously, you've played with me as scum quite a few times. Do I actually do it through being 'borderline hypocritical'? I don't think I'm quite that sloppy as scum. That seems more like a kind of vaguely negative sounding accusation you've been applying to people you want to kill.

I've explained very clearly why there's nothing hypocritical about my case. I find it hard to take this accusation seriously, nanook. I don't even think you seriously think this is scummy, because maybe, you know, you said so right here:

nanooktheeskimo wrote:
Sorry, so you think I'm lying scum? If you're calling BS that means you think I'm actively lying. I'm not sure what I've done to give you that impression

Poor choice of words. Bullshit as in something I'm frustrated with and is wrong, not bullshit as in a blatant lie. I should have clarified that, that's on me.

Um, yeah, I'm aware how OMGUSy my read of you is, that's why I'm not trying to lynch you and I'm sticking to my SJG guns! I think there's a chance that you're scum, yes--but I also think i'm biased and that OMGUS is probably playing into that at least a bit, which again, is why I'm not voting for you or trying to make a solid case against you. I thought I've been pretty clear about that.

Keirador wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:Yes, I was essentially piggybacking your case. That's what I've been saying. I don't think I've denied that, or pretended otherwise? It's lazy. I'm not defending it. I'm saying if you think I'm scum for piggybacking, make that case, not that I was trying to disguise it as something besides piggybacking.

I'm still catching up, but WOW I don't like this. As the subject of your vote, at no point did I feel like you were explicitly piggybacking shadow's reasoning. It VERY MUCH felt like you were manufacturing new, additional reasons to vote me and actively avoiding saying "I'm voting Keirador because of shadow's case." Like, the post laying out your justifications had stuff about me misrepresenting you, not just "what shadow says."

viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56216&p=915065#p915065
Relevant part pulled and emphasis added is mine:
Why not join me on ZZ? He's been more egregious than Keirador, in my opinion, and I don't see why scumK is more likely than scumZZ in the scenario you lay out here (which do have to admit is fairly compelling). Keirador is certainly on my radar, but until I can read his D1 more closely tomorrow (real time), I think I'll stick with my ZZ vote for the time being. K is definitely on my radar though, and if I agree with your case after reading through him again I'll strongly consider shifting my vote over.

And the actual vote: viewtopic.php?f=306&t=56216&p=915201#p915201
Again, relevant bit pulled out with emphasis added mine:
And...that's the extent of it. It's not a bad number of posts, but the quality feels...kind of lacking. A lot of it feels like treading water. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but I can definitely see where Shadow is coming from when she talks about Keirador being a sort of active lurker. For example, the Nick vote...yes it didn't go anywhere...but if you're so sure it isn't SW, why not cast your net elsewhere? I engaged him about it, I think Shadow did too, but he never pursued another angle and then jumped back onto SW for a possible scumslip that could only reasonably be thought to be such if you were the only experienced (or relatively experienced, in mine and SW's cases) player that didn't grasp that the lynchee was very likely to be NKed.

I thought within the context of the rest of my posts, it was pretty clear that I was aping shadow's case.

And yeah, I guess I should've made it clear that my notes were a personal frustration rather than something I was scumreading you for. So that's my fault. I thought it was clear from context, but obviously I was wrong.

Keirador wrote:
nanooktheeskimo wrote:I'm wondering how much my lack of time is contributing my being scumread. I can't help but feel like if I had more time available to me, that would solve a lot of the issues here. Which, I mean, I guess I get it to some extent, but it's still frustrating for me. I'd like to be able to play without having to dedicate 6 hours a day to scumhunting, and still be a contributing member of the town, but perhaps that's not realistic for me in a game this size. The annoying thing is, killing me here won't do much to change things--either I then get NKed, the scum NK someone else and they rez as scum and we lose, or they NK someone else they rez as town and their are the same suspicions about me going forward. Very annoying from a personal perspective.

Unless your lack of time is negatively impacting the actual posts you make, lack of time on your part isn't a problem for me. I'm voting you for the things you have said, not the things you haven't.

It is. Usually I have time to do deeper dives on people, and I'm in the thread more so I have a better feel for what is weird from people and what isn't. I'm doing my best to adjust my play to the time I have, but I'm not doing a particularly good job of it, and it's why I'm getting mislynched here.

Keirador wrote:You haven't really addressed why you feel it was a lazy vote, though. Shadowfriend changed her mind, so you changed yours with her? What about the justifications for your vote on me changed, in your view? I still misrepresented you, which was your primary allegation against me.

I covered some of this above, but--I thought your defense to shadow rang true, which is why I dropped the vote. It doesn't necessarily mean you aren't scum...but it does negate the reasons I was voting you. So my vote for you was a bad one at that point, and I dropped it.

At least there's a little countermovement to my wagon--not enough to change my likely mislynch, but at least we as a town aren't being as stagnant today as we were yesterday. That's really about the best thing I can say about today, and even then, we still got it wrong.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby Zoomzip » 16 Sep 2017, 06:05

Nook is remarkably sanguine for town in potential mislynch = loss situation. Ok. Hoping y'all got this right.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby Nanook » 16 Sep 2017, 06:09

Zoomzip wrote:Nook is remarkably sanguine for town in potential mislynch = loss situation. Ok. Hoping y'all got this right.

As opposed to flipping out, which is a totally townie reaction to being lynched. My defense fell on deaf ears, and my attempt to make a case against SJG never gained traction. I could flip shit I guess, but that doesn't seem productive. Not really sure how my reaction here would be indicative either way--if I'm town I obviously don't want to be lynched because it makes it more likely for us to lose, but if I'm scum then I don't want to be lynched either. Normally I'm a big proponent of reading into how people react to impending lynches, but I'm not sure what the difference here would be.
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)

Postby condude1 » 16 Sep 2017, 07:05

Sorry for being late with this, but the day has ended. Please do not post in thread any longer. Results will be up shortly.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 16 Sep 2017, 07:39

So, the day ends again with the execution of nanooktheeskimo. This time, a guillotine was used, resulting in a quick, clean kill. Looking around you, however, you notice that he's not actually with you any longer! He must be a slimy villain with only one life!

Vote Count:

SJG11 (1): nanooktheeskimo
nanooktheeskimo (4): Keirador, NicholasIII, shadowfriend1, Sjg11
Nick3 (1): Zoomzip

Nanooktheeskimo was an antagonist. As such, he is eliminated from the game. 5 players remain.

Night 2 has begun, it will end at 6:00 PM PST, September 17.
Last edited by condude1 on 18 Sep 2017, 05:57, edited 5 times in total.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

condude1

Re: Second Chance Mafia Night 2

Postby condude1 » 18 Sep 2017, 03:33

The night ends, and you all see Keirador's body lying right in front of where you lynch nanooktheeskimo yesterday. Fortunately, he is also standing behind you. Good thing the developers coded in that respawn mechanic!

Keirador was killed at night and was a protagonist. He remains in the game with one life remaining.

Day 3 has begun. It will end at 7:00 PM PST, September 20th, 2017. The countdown timer will be updated shortly.

condude1

Re: Second Chance Mafia Day 3

Postby Zoomzip » 18 Sep 2017, 04:31

Nick3

But totally understand if due diligence says you guys kill me for being off lynch. Also, feel like it should be me or Nick today. If I'm right, and we kill nick, and game continues, then kill Keir.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
Zoomzip

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)

Postby shadowface » 18 Sep 2017, 05:45

Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Postby shadowface » 18 Sep 2017, 05:55

Finally caught a nanook :D . Can scratch that one off the bucket list.

Also, seriously, scum? JUST after I am incredibly thorough in suspecting and subsequently vindicating Keirador, I have to go through it all again? Thanks for nothing :roll:.

Zoomzip wrote:Nick3

But totally understand if due diligence says you guys kill me for being off lynch. Also, feel like it should be me or Nick today. If I'm right, and we kill nick, and game continues, then kill Keir.

Can you give your thoughts on Nanook's flip? Where did you do wrong in your read of Nanook? If you were scum, would you have tried to save your buddy like that?
shadowface

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads