Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Game Over - Mafia Victory!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Telleo » 10 Jan 2017, 22:58

mhsmith0 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:Smith, given that happymeal is the type of player who could feasibly post without looking at scumchat, a point which has been made to you by a couple of players here now, should we still be townreading you for the coaching point?

You should totally throw it out if its demonstrable with reasonable evidence that happymeal, as scum, is in fact likely to completely ignore scum chat. IIRC it was stated to be the case, but not really backed up on a factual basis (though i could have missed it).

Does happymeal have any scum games on site? Can anyone answer this before deadline?

I mean, the guy just tried to represent that he didn't check his role PM before posting. I think it's safe to say that even HM thinks HM might do this.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby sjg11 » 10 Jan 2017, 23:00

mhsmith0 wrote:
sjg11 wrote:Smith, given that happymeal is the type of player who could feasibly post without looking at scumchat, a point which has been made to you by a couple of players here now, should we still be townreading you for the coaching point?

You should totally throw it out if its demonstrable with reasonable evidence that happymeal, as scum, is in fact likely to completely ignore scum chat. IIRC it was stated to be the case, but not really backed up on a factual basis (though i could have missed it).

Does happymeal have any scum games on site? Can anyone answer this before deadline?

He does and the last one was Charity Mafia. His play there was also careless.

We also know that happymeal didn't read the rules carefully or the thread at all before slipping. It seems reasonable that he may not have read the scumchat as well before that post, as if he's not reading the rules or the thread you have to question whether he's reading the scumchat at all. And that undermines the entire basis of your argument.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby condude1 » 10 Jan 2017, 23:00

Please stop posting.

Results will be up shortly.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby sjg11 » 10 Jan 2017, 23:02

mhsmith0 wrote:As far as the transparency stuff, I'll re-read and see if there are particular points that I where I need to explain myself better, and attempt to answer those D2. Beyond that, I do feel like "smith isn't being transparent enough" is a pretty easy point to sheep, and I'm actually curious who seems legit on pushing that point and who doesn't, which is something else on my to do list. Certainly not gonna bother in the next 5 minutes or so.

A lot of it is that I'm struggling to understand why you're caring so much about the things you're caring about. I mean take the happymeal scumchat point, a big deal has been made about it and I don't understand why such a big deal has been made out of that point. Particularly from the moment that the possibility of happymeal not reading the scumchat was brought up and discussed.

I'm in a similar position with the tone read of shadowfriend, although admittedly not to the same extent.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby condude1 » 10 Jan 2017, 23:11

There is a moment of silence as the elevators slowly move away from the holes they ascended through, leaving openings behind the arena contestants. The shock of the blistering cold has worn off, and some people have started to push each other. Happymeal takes a step towards his neighbour, before promptly slipping on the ice. He reflexively reaches out, barely managing to grab onto the icy arena floor, before losing his grip and falling through the hole he just had come out of. Everyone pauses for a second, and some people smirk at Happymeal's poorly timed clumsiness, before the arena lights up red, a clear sign that Happymeal was a member of Team 2.

Final vote tally:

Happymeal (9): Crunkus, dodgy56, Harb, Jordan767, Keirador, mhsmith0, shadowfriend1, sjg11, Telleo
mhsmith0 (1): Happymeal

Happymeal was a member of Team 2. Please get your push or pull orders to me by 1:00 PM PST, Thursday, January 12th. If I receive all orders before that time, I will run speed deadlines and end the night.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

condude1

Postby condude1 » 12 Jan 2017, 08:48

A brief flurry of activity follows the demise of Happymeal. A pause occurs after this fight, with everyone still in the arena!

No one died in the night.

Day 2 has begun, it will end at 10:00 PM PST, Saturday, January 14th. A countdown clock will be up on the first page shortly.

You may begin posting.

condude1

Postby Jordan767 » 12 Jan 2017, 08:55

I have 1 pull point.

Good that nobody died.

I need to sleep but will respond to EoD happenings tomorrow.
Silver Classicist.
Jordan767

Standard rating: (947)
All-game rating: (958)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby mhsmith0 » 12 Jan 2017, 09:19

I have 4 push points. I have some thoughts on what that might mean but I want to see the other reports first.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)

Postby mhsmith0 » 12 Jan 2017, 09:21

Also if any town player did NOT follow the plan they need to explicitly say so. Any town player who did follow the plan needs to confirm their action.
I confirm I pushed crunkus.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)

Postby Keirador » 12 Jan 2017, 09:44

I have 2 push points.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads