Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Game Over - Mafia Victory!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby Crunkus_old » 24 Jan 2017, 20:52

shadowfriend1 wrote:And I was wrong. Crunkus was wrong when he used this against smith. So why is this now a tell that we should solidify and continue to use as the main reasons for our votes?
Whatever, just don't keep this up tomorrow please. At some point we should learn from our mistakes.


Again shadow, I'm not using new reasoning against you.

My argument has not changed since last game day. The only thing that has changed is, and I keep repeating this and you keep ignoring it:

1. I went back and actually looked at one of your town games to make sure you didn't behave the same way as town (which would invalidate the read). Not only was it clear after doing so that you did not...and that the read was quite validated, but that your claims surrounding the alleged harshness of telleo and what effect it had on you allegedly were not credible.

It's not clear to me how the same argument wasn't an issue for you yesterday, but once it's well documented in an actually fairer fashion (that was the entire point of going back and checking...to make sure a source of possible error wasn't a source of error) all of a sudden it's "identical to the smith argument"?

We get it, I'm wrong because I was wrong about smith. You dressed up the original argument in your first post 40 minutes after I posted. It's a super-weak "argument". Perhaps you are equally wrong in that assertion, having already been wrong this game about something yourself.

It's not the same argument, I've clearly articulated that, and you've just asserted otherwise. There's nothing to "address" or "argue with".

So yeah whatever, you abandoned your read on justy because I went through the trouble of reading your town game to see if the things that troubled me about your current play were actually due to a lack of sincere process or because as town you really don't know how to approach the problem solving aspect of the game...which often manifests similarly...and it was quite clear when I did that you do so quite well and clearly in the game thread. That you show signs of deliberation that you've not shown this game, that you do all the things good town should do. You just aren't doing them this game, despite your high activity level and investment in the game.

You act like I'm making some kind of new argument, it's the same one a bunch of us have been troubled about for days. It's just actually better documented now.

There's no funny business going on. Just me actually being fair and actually doing the due dilligence that wasn't done, and offering it up for other people to read themselves. If that's what is tripping your supposed scum dar...I have no reply to that sf. I think your scumdar has been a fairly arbitrary thing this game and has been very hard to empathize with...in stark contrast to that game I read. Not sure why you find that so odd.

Can I get some clarity...do you feel in that town game you don't believe you played a good town game and you don't believe you were showing signs of genuine inquiry, deliberation, and problem solving? Is that your argument? If that were the case, then you'd be right, this argument would be invalid...which is why I looked to BEGIN WITH. But that's not what I hear you saying. I hear you talking about the fact I should be reading your scum game instead for some reason you don't really articulate sufficiently, and that I should be throwing all of this out because someone said that you were playing scummy as town. Because that sort of thing is rare in mafia and relevant to what I'm saying. It's sort of a shrugger there. If you had a point, I'd address it...you're just misrepresenting what's going on and being dismissive. You've essentially argued he was wrong once, he's going to be wrong again. Last ditch comes to mind.

You never want to talk about what the behaviour is...I do. I can't discuss it if you're going to dodge the crux of the matter like that. We're talking about sincerity of process here and sincerity of testimony. The argument has been well articulated, and you are ignoring it.

I'll let you get back to whatever strategy you are employing.

It's easy. You lied about the effect Telleo had on you. You have no been able to simulate an actual town problem-solving process that approaches what you usually do when sincerely working out the puzzle when you are town.

You can either choose to talk about that, or you can parrot words back at me you kept saying you didn't read or understand previously...when it suited your ends to not understand or have read them.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old
 
Posts: 17650
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 23:51
Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby ferdy0 » 24 Jan 2017, 21:00

Hi all, I am here just finishing catching up. Got a few bits to post which I found interesting will try to get them up asap.
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
User avatar
ferdy0
 
Posts: 3934
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 19:02
Location: Somewhere in the History of the World forum
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby Telleo » 24 Jan 2017, 21:27

So yeah.

At the end of the day, I need to know where SF1 stands. Crunkus is right. Her reaction to my supposed negativity doesn't make sense. I wish we'd had this conversation yesterday, when I was a bit more active, but if she's scum, delaying any inquiry into her thought process successfully bought her another day. In the end, this vote isn't about her not answering questions - I believe her explanation (at least, I believe it's plausible). But as Crunkus has pointed out, town SF scumhunts more than this. Town SF shows a developing thought process and evolving reads that aren't evident here. Town SF plays a "feisty" game that doesn't mesh with her reaction to my playstyle.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5437
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby Telleo » 24 Jan 2017, 21:28

justy wrote:So, night plan. I'm not good at these, but if countdown clock is correct, we have four hours left to sort this out.

Current situation, to my understanding:
sjg11 (rated 5) – pulled dodgy, has 1 pull point
dodgy56 (rated 3) – pulled sjg, has 1 pull point
Shadowfriend1 (rated 2)– pushed Telleo, now 2 pull points
Telleo (rated 4) – assumedly pulled justy, now 2 pull points
Keirador (rated 2) – pushed Crunkus, has 1 push point
justy (rated 5) – pulled Telleo, 2 pull points
Crunkus (rated 1) – assumedly pushed Keir, now 1 push points

Assuming SF dies, I suggest these pairs:

justy pull's sjg and sjg pull’s justy. Should put justy into 2 pull points and Sjg into 1 pull point.
dodgy push Telleo and telleo push dodgy to 0 and Telleo to 3 pull point
Keir push Telleo – Keir to 0 and Telleo to 2 pull
Crunkus push Telleo – Crunk to 0 and Telleo to 1 pull



Agreed.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5437
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby justy » 24 Jan 2017, 22:07

Welcome Ferdy.

I'm off to sleep. I'm bit worried because of substitution, because I think Condude might not bother with it if SF is our last scum. Then again, maybe he would to avoid last minute inactivity lynch.

Don't want to vote Crunkus with SF though. So I guess I'm good.
User avatar
justy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 1975
Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 20:10
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1055
All-game rating: 1054
Timezone: GMT+2

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby ferdy0 » 24 Jan 2017, 22:25

justy wrote:Welcome Ferdy.

I'm off to sleep. I'm bit worried because of substitution, because I think Condude might not bother with it if SF is our last scum. Then again, maybe he would to avoid last minute inactivity lynch.

Don't want to vote Crunkus with SF though. So I guess I'm good.


It's hard to say, he could have just done it to keep up appearances. I'm not up to date with current thoughts on players. However I want to get my re-read thoughts up before they are swayed by current play as well (i find that subs can pick up things that are often missed due to re-read)

Hopefully later I'm on phone atm so can't quote my findings
GM/FM
HOTW

Co-GM & co-founder of MYM

I almost peed myself when I saw a message from you - UKPBA

Grand Master of doing the unexpected (and getting away with it)

جئت، رأيت، وأنا الركل بعض الحمار البريطاني.

Best speech writer in the world

Member of:
Cavalry to the rescue
Silver Classicist
User avatar
ferdy0
 
Posts: 3934
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 19:02
Location: Somewhere in the History of the World forum
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (957)
All-game rating: (980)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby sjg11 » 24 Jan 2017, 22:54

Fine with justy's plan.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
User avatar
sjg11
 
Posts: 18136
Joined: 24 Dec 2010, 15:30
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby shadowface » 24 Jan 2017, 23:00

Telleo wrote:So yeah.

At the end of the day, I need to know where SF1 stands. Crunkus is right. Her reaction to my supposed negativity doesn't make sense. I wish we'd had this conversation yesterday, when I was a bit more active, but if she's scum, delaying any inquiry into her thought process successfully bought her another day. In the end, this vote isn't about her not answering questions - I believe her explanation (at least, I believe it's plausible). But as Crunkus has pointed out, town SF scumhunts more than this. Town SF shows a developing thought process and evolving reads that aren't evident here. Town SF plays a "feisty" game that doesn't mesh with her reaction to my playstyle.

Sigh. Read Plague if you care to dive into this issue.

Anyways, bye town. I've heard rumors that the afterlife is more fun anyways. :P
Good luck tomorrow, and please critically review Crunkus' play.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
Nanook wrote:C O W A R D
User avatar
shadowface
 
Posts: 5520
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 06:26
Location: Toronto
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby condude1 » 24 Jan 2017, 23:39

Please stop posting. Results will be up shortly.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Night 3

Postby condude1 » 25 Jan 2017, 00:01

Some time goes by, but there's only really one person who's getting beaten on. Shadowfriend1 is pushed and pulled every which way, until eventually she loses her footing and fall off the edge of the arena. Everyone (almost everyone...) holds their breath, hoping that the arena will flash red, and end this trial, but it is not to be. The blue glow emanated by the arena shows that Shadowfriend was a member of Team 1.

Image

shadowfriend1 (5): Crunkus, dodgy56, justy, sjg11, Telleo
Crunkus (1): shadowfriend1

Shadowfriend1 was a member of Team 1.

The night has begun, it will end on Thursday, January 26th, at 2:00 PM PST, or when I get all push and pull orders.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.


Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
User avatar
condude1
 
Posts: 8160
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 03:41
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests