Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Game Over - Mafia Victory!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Crunkus_old » 14 Jan 2017, 04:28

ZZ...you really need to re-read Happymeal's interactions yesterday and begin reconciling that with your thoughts. There's some real information there that you should probably synthesize with your worldview...even if you seem unable to take any of this other perfectly reasonable stuff seriously. Then, lynch me. Because I'd rather die than have this conversation again tomorrow. No, Tell, not productive, just true.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old
 
Posts: 17650
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 23:51
Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Telleo » 14 Jan 2017, 04:28

dodgy56 wrote:so first things first, Smith needs to die to today.

im having a hard time seeing a number of things he has done from a town POV but my biggest issue is thinking the game is mechanically locked yet wanting to follow a vig plan that doesnt fit with that idea.


Really? That's your #1 problem? Because that's like problem 10 for me. What do you understand to be the case on MHS0 right now?
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5473
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2017, 04:30

Telleo wrote:
dodgy56 wrote:so first things first, Smith needs to die to today.

im having a hard time seeing a number of things he has done from a town POV but my biggest issue is thinking the game is mechanically locked yet wanting to follow a vig plan that doesnt fit with that idea.


Really? That's your #1 problem? Because that's like problem 10 for me. What do you understand to be the case on MHS0 right now?


Finally...

Yes, okay, let's go...

Was getting so willing to lump Telleo into the "Looking only one direction bucket" but she broke out. Good.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6606
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby dodgy56 » 14 Jan 2017, 04:31

Zoomzip wrote:
dodgy56 wrote:ZZ and sf1 are advocating that smith is town. i dont really understand why at this point. ZZ has been more vocal about it than sf1.


I could be wrong, in which case you get to make fun of my extreme gullibility in the AAR. But right now MHSmith seems congruous with his town performance previously, then he seems like a townie struggling with 2/3 of the town voting him and all yelling that their particular issue isn't being paid attention to. It is fair to note that he only responded primarily to Crunkus in that. But I will also note that Crunkus had the best developed case of any of the players, so it's not like people can't leverage it. There's a demerit for grandstanding for the town cred, but that's not infallible an indicator. There's a demerit for him being opaque, but he was opaque last game.


dodgy56 wrote:@ ZZ you mention trying to figure out if you want to stitch sjg up. What exactly do you mean? i mean it has connotations that are scummy. Like you're trying to set him up. I mean if youre scum it makes sense trying to set up a townie. I don't get what the townie side is. More specifically the issue i have with that is i dont get why you trying to figure out if you want to? if youre town and think he's scum why not just do it?

more soon


1 - What do you think I meant by it? Do you think I just confessed openly in thread to a plot to frame SJG11?
2 - Why am I thinking and not voting? Because when we're not in binary/di-pole territory, one has to weigh things and I have to type things out and see how I feel when I'm done to see what I get to sometimes. Do you believe this? Or am I just pretending as part of my great theatrical plan to frame SJG?


1- i dont really know, thats why i asked, if you had said you were contemplating a potential case against sjg thats one thing. But it was the phrasing you used and the connotations of it that seemed a little off.

2- this makes sense, i can believe that.

Im also clearer on your sjg stance now that you have made a case
you never play your hand.
You play the man across from you

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on

Drug Cheats mafia now in signups
User avatar
dodgy56
 
Posts: 2474
Joined: 29 May 2013, 04:34
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (833)
All-game rating: (764)
Timezone: GMT+10

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Crunkus_old » 14 Jan 2017, 04:31

Telleo wrote:
dodgy56 wrote:so first things first, Smith needs to die to today.

im having a hard time seeing a number of things he has done from a town POV but my biggest issue is thinking the game is mechanically locked yet wanting to follow a vig plan that doesnt fit with that idea.


Really? That's your #1 problem? Because that's like problem 10 for me. What do you understand to be the case on MHS0 right now?


Yeah, that's pretty terrible....

But then again, this is dodgy, so you might want to ask how invested he actually is in this game.

How much have you actually read?

Do you feel well up to date and following this game?

Or are you barely hanging on by the edge of your teeth?

Do we have any hope of you seeming to be more involved with your current ability to participate?

Are we out of line asking this of you?

That sort of thing.

Just usually helpful in my experience with dodgy. Then figure out how he is prioritizing.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old
 
Posts: 17650
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 23:51
Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Telleo » 14 Jan 2017, 04:32

Zoomzip wrote:
Keirador wrote:Ooookay. Why do I get the vague sense I'm being made fun of? ;)


Really? Not at all. Just a "That's not how I read" situation, and a reminder to myself. Not mocking you in any way. Seriously.


Not gonna lie, I read that all in a highly sarcastic tone. Like, I fully believe that you didn't intend any sarcasm, I just couldn't help hearing it.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5473
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2017, 04:33

Crunkus wrote:ZZ...you really need to re-read Happymeal's interactions yesterday and begin reconciling that with your thoughts. There's some real information there that you should probably synthesize with your worldview...even if you seem unable to take any of this other perfectly reasonable stuff seriously. Then, lynch me. Because I'd rather die than have this conversation again tomorrow. No, Tell, not productive, just true.


OK, cool, will get on that and if there's something particular you want to draw my attention to, most appreciative... but seriously, I need an out of game moment just to check in with you and say "hey, we're cool as human beings" Like, this is my insecurity talking. Dig me? Just give me a small moment on that, that's all. Then we can get back to killing one another.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6606
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2017, 04:33

Telleo wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:
Keirador wrote:Ooookay. Why do I get the vague sense I'm being made fun of? ;)


Really? Not at all. Just a "That's not how I read" situation, and a reminder to myself. Not mocking you in any way. Seriously.


Not gonna lie, I read that all in a highly sarcastic tone. Like, I fully believe that you didn't intend any sarcasm, I just couldn't help hearing it.


I fucked up in my tone writing then. My bad.
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6606
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Telleo » 14 Jan 2017, 04:34

Zoomzip wrote:
Telleo wrote:But it was totally okay for SF to not want to scumhunt on people with the assumption that HM was town yesterday. Sure, I believe this is honest and genuine engagement.


Hypocrisy is a scum tell now?


Ugh. Fair. I'm just pissed about how terrible his engagement has been this game, and I'm venting a bit. Sarcasm is my release mechanism.

That and dumb .gifs.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
User avatar
Telleo
 
Posts: 5473
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:39
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby Zoomzip » 14 Jan 2017, 04:38

dodgy56 wrote:1- i dont really know, thats why i asked, if you had said you were contemplating a potential case against sjg thats one thing. But it was the phrasing you used and the connotations of it that seemed a little off.


Fine, to be clear: It meant I was trying to put together a large (promised) post on SJG and I was slightly peeved that some administrivia was getting in the way. But whatever, fair play to K if that's a readable moment to him. And in the process of putting together that post, I was trying to determine if the anxiety I have been feeling on and off about SJG was legit for just me being paranoid, and if it was votable or not, or if I was just annoyed with what I saw as some poor play from SJG that wasn't actually indicative the way I initially read it.

It did not mean "I am trying to figure out if I want to frame townie SJG for crimes against humanity."
Kittens and rainbows. Forever. Wear your makeup like a man.

One of the moderators of the Mafia Form.
User avatar
Zoomzip
 
Posts: 6606
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 05:29
Location: NoVa and The District
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (921)
All-game rating: (919)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests