Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread Game Over - Mafia Victory!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Push and Pull Mafia Game Thread

Postby shadowface » 10 Jan 2017, 16:33

I'm not caught up in the thread yet but I'll reply before catching my bus:

Telleo wrote:
Keirador wrote:I get this is not a closed loop of reasoning, but has Telleo brought this up? As far as I can tell, Telleo's major problem with SF is lack of scumhunting, which doesn't seem all that unique to SF.

It is, but I'm more concerned by her insistence that she doesn't HAVE to scumhunt. Townies are lazy, it happens all the time. But usually when they get called on it, they start trying to work, not double down on "I think HM's scum so there's no point."

And from your experience, when you call upon scum to scumhunt, they just flat out say no in thread?
Telleo: can you please explain under what assumption I said I don't want to scumhunt on Day 1, and why that's quite different from saying that I don't have to scumhunt in general? You must know this, and if you don't you need to actually read my posts. Stop misrepresenting me when you know better.

Jordan767 wrote:Skimmed it (I've been busy today). My understanding is that it's a plan that potentially killed a player by town consensus, made NKs unlikely but neither impossible nor traceable, and gave about the same amount of rating data as Telleo's.

This isn't accurate, Jordan. You need to read up on this plan if you want to understand it or try to read smith from it.

I probably won't be checking in before the deadline. We should do Telleo's plan tonight, regardless of flip, because I don't think anyone actually likes the blue vote vig plan. Townies should all express their support for this so the scum can't claim their was any ambiguity if they break from the plan.
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby sjg11 » 10 Jan 2017, 16:46

So, just to emphasise this again, we're following Telleo's plan REGARDLESS of how happymeal flips today.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Telleo » 10 Jan 2017, 17:06

And for clarity:

My plan is that each player PUSHES the player directly below them in roster order on Night One. Each player should PULL the player directly above them in roster order on Night Two.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)

Postby Telleo » 10 Jan 2017, 17:08

shadowfriend1 wrote:I'm not caught up in the thread yet but I'll reply before catching my bus:

Telleo wrote:
Keirador wrote:I get this is not a closed loop of reasoning, but has Telleo brought this up? As far as I can tell, Telleo's major problem with SF is lack of scumhunting, which doesn't seem all that unique to SF.

It is, but I'm more concerned by her insistence that she doesn't HAVE to scumhunt. Townies are lazy, it happens all the time. But usually when they get called on it, they start trying to work, not double down on "I think HM's scum so there's no point."

And from your experience, when you call upon scum to scumhunt, they just flat out say no in thread?
Telleo: can you please explain under what assumption I said I don't want to scumhunt on Day 1, and why that's quite different from saying that I don't have to scumhunt in general? You must know this, and if you don't you need to actually read my posts. Stop misrepresenting me when you know better.

I get that you're saying you don't want to assume HM is town, because you believe he is scum. Fine. What I DON'T get is why you still aren't doing anything on the assumption he is scum.

Whatever. No one seems interested in forming reads today. I'm done pushing this on you, cause Keir's right, no one else is doing it either.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga.
Third time's the charm.
Telleo

Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)

Postby dodgy56 » 10 Jan 2017, 17:08

am fully caught up now

@Telleo - i originally supported the vig as i felt it was a better way or working out our numbers than your plan. Then i realised there was a downside i hadnt seen and changed back to supporting your plan regardless of how HM flips.
you never play your hand.
You play the man across from you

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on

Drug Cheats mafia now in signups
dodgy56

Standard rating: (833)
All-game rating: (764)
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby sjg11 » 10 Jan 2017, 17:11

dodgy56 wrote:am fully caught up now

@Telleo - i originally supported the vig as i felt it was a better way or working out our numbers than your plan. Then i realised there was a downside i hadnt seen and changed back to supporting your plan regardless of how HM flips.

Is that all you have to say about the game currently dodgy? Or do you have more to say but you're waiting until you're less tired to say it?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)

Postby dodgy56 » 10 Jan 2017, 17:12

also @ Crunkus can you link/name me some games where you pinpointed smith as scum so i can re-read them n1 to get a better understanding of your case against him?
i have no idea about his meta/playstyle

The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone else he can blame it on

dodgy56

Postby dodgy56 » 10 Jan 2017, 17:13

sjg11 wrote:
dodgy56 wrote:am fully caught up now

Is that all you have to say about the game currently dodgy? Or do you have more to say but you're waiting until you're less tired to say it?

getting there- addressing questions directed at me first. doubt ill get through everything before i crash

dodgy56

Postby mhsmith0 » 10 Jan 2017, 18:26

dodgy56 wrote:also @ Crunkus can you link/name me some games where you pinpointed smith as scum so i can re-read them n1 to get a better understanding of your case against him?
i have no idea about his meta/playstyle

fruit salad
mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/1337-Fruit-Salad-Mafia
we were teammates

disney princesses
mafiauniverse.com/forums/search.php?searchid=288144
this is one where he now claims to have been on me immediately, though my recollection was he only really suspected me in any material amount after I pushed for his death at EOD2

playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=440&t=52626
this is the one where he was actually on me basically from the start
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

Postby mhsmith0 » 10 Jan 2017, 18:27

I'll also notice that crunkus has NEVER seen my town game live; the closest thing is when I took over his town slot in Plague Mafia.
Proud holder of the Superior Tophat of Solving, an item entrusted with the forum's most prominent smartass
mhsmith0

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1269)
All-game rating: (1439)
Timezone: GMT-7

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads