Mafia CLIV: Bigger, Medium, Smaller Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Bigger, Medium, Smaller Mafia Day 1

Postby justy » 07 Nov 2016, 21:25

Sjg

Hour and half left. I'm not sure who is leading and who I should be consolidating based on blue vote plan, so I can change this if I should be votign Jordan. But I want to put something on red.
justy
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1055
All-game rating: 1054
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby justy » 07 Nov 2016, 21:38

Zoomzip wrote:
Harb wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:Dare we even consider a UDC lynch?

I'm pretty panicked about the idea that there's no scum in this grouping at this point. But it seems like there's been a LOT of reasons not to vote for a Large today.

I know... I know...

I just don't get the play if they decided to keep their powder dry in the large-large. It didn't really get them anything.

They got into 3-2 situation without danger of getting lynched today, if they saw that we have to lynch amongst small and medium today.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 07 Nov 2016, 21:52

We have one hour left on the clock.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 07 Nov 2016, 21:52

I mean, one hour before real deadline.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 07 Nov 2016, 22:46

Zoomzip wrote:
shadowfriend1 wrote:Just to confirm where we're at about the night:

If sjg flips scum, we go on a random stomping masacre which we will discuss in the morning.
If sjg flips town, we don't stomp justy and maybe stomp Jordan?

Is this right?

If SJG flips scum I would prefer we hold the line on the daisy chain.

I agree with this.

If Sjg flips town and I wouldn't know I'm town, I'd go random stomping massacre. But I know I'm town so this is something that the rest of you should decide.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 07 Nov 2016, 22:52

Six more minutes to decide...
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 07 Nov 2016, 22:57

Unless Sjg is scum and his partner is hiding, I'm quite surprised if I'm around D3. Good luck town.

Unfortunately I don't really have much to say to help in D3. My focus has really been on mechanics today.
justy
Premium Member

Re: Bigger, Medium, Smaller Mafia Day 3

Postby justy » 10 Nov 2016, 22:34

Jordan

I am (again) surprised to be around and I'm going to re-read Sjg tomorrow. At this moment, I have strong feeling that we actually did nail scum team D2. I can't really understand the lack of night kill in N2 if it's large-small. Harb, you seem to think it's possible that surviving large scum is playing long game and trying to manipulate town into right position before stomping Jordan and I. Who do you think could play such scum game in our current roster?

I think that there's decent case against Jordan besides of his size.
-His reluctance to vote UDC D1 when Sjg was voting UDC.
-Him scum-reading me EoD1 and dropping that case in D2 without a word.
- His vote on UDC after ignoring him for quite long time.

I remember that Jordan's play near EoD2 was reason for some to vote Sjg instead of Jordan. So I'm planning to re-read D2 as well tomorrow.
justy
Premium Member

Postby justy » 11 Nov 2016, 09:59

Re-reading Sjg. It seems like there was minimal interaction between Jordan and Sjg in D1 and D2, even thought in D1 they were interested in same players (namely UDC and DJ).

At the beginning D2, Sjg votes me and says that no night kill is best explained if there's small mafia. No mention of Jordan.

When he talks about the different size combinations (i.e. when he tries to put large-large back on the table), he doesn't discuss possibility of Justy-Jordan apart from mentioning that medium-small is possible combo. He does discuss Jordan and thinks that medium-large wouldn't miss NK. Meaning, he triest to keep Jordan lynch off the table.

However, I don't know how strong evidence Sjg ignoring Jordan D2 is of Sjg/Jordan. Whoever Sjg's partner is, they had some reason not to stomp N1. If the idea was to keep small/medium alive for some purpose, Sjg could ignore Jordan (and I) no matter who his partner was.

Two quotes from Sjg below. Those make me think that his partner isn't small hiding amongst large players. He seems to be genuinely unsure what to think of someone who would be lying about their size.

sjg11 wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:@SJG11: I'm always happy to have a discussion on vigs in the AAR. Also, just a quick question -- For this game, at this point, right now, are you in a lynch all liars position? .

1. That's nice... I'm not sure why we need to discuss vigs in the AAR, we both seem to agree that holstering as a vig is a good idea. My point was that DJ, as someone who has never played in a game with vigs in it on this site, may not understand these arguments and that this may be useful context for you to consider when assessing him.
2. I'd likely lynch all liars in this game. I'm not going to say I definitely would, these things do always depend on context to an extent. Hence why I'm not saying we should lynch happymeal for example.

sjg11 wrote:
Happymeal wrote:Zoomzip, can you place your biggest concerns, why they are your concerns, and how you think the scum would act in those given concerns? Since I went ahead and did that for you, I think it only fair you do it for me.

@everyone

I think it might be optimal if you guys participate in this as well. Please answer the questions if possible.

My current biggest concern is with justy. To put it simply... the no kill fits best in a scenario where one Mafia is small. I'm town so that leaves justy as Mafia unless we have people lying about their size which is unlikely as I think it's a big gamble and I imagine the Mafia will eventually be caught out if they're playing that game anyway.

However, I think that keeping daizy chain intact one more night would be best choice for us, because possibly hiding small should have burned all hides by now.
justy
Premium Member

Re: Bigger, Medium, Smaller Mafia Day 3

Postby justy » 11 Nov 2016, 22:03

I don't have much time now and I'm going to answer Happy's questions later. Now I just want to +1 Harb's post above. Couldn't agree more.
justy
Premium Member

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads