Mafia CLIV: Bigger, Medium, Smaller Mafia (Town Win)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Bigger, Medium, Smaller Mafia Day 1

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 20:55

sjg11 wrote:I'm here to answer questions but, to be honest, it's gonna take a lot to persuade me not to vote for Jordan now.

Is that survival, or belief in his scumminess? If it's the second, give me something to work with here. Here's my most recent Jordan thoughts:
Harb wrote:Doing more reading of my own, I'm struggling to see the difference between Jordan's play here and Jordan's play in the first iteration of BMS. There's even a couple points that stand out as pretty similar tonally. I thought his thought process re:thinking UDC didn't want to keep townies alive held together pretty well even after some poking from me. It struck me that he was making a good distinction about Chuck's position that demonstrated thinking beyond the surface of things. When he came back to votes on him D2, his response was "I have votes. Fun.", which struck me as sort of loose callback to his criticism of DJA's similar statement. Seemed like a pretty chill reaction for newbie scum facing votes

Where am I wrong here?

PPE: Oh, nevermind. You pre-answered
---------
I have the honor to be your obedient servant,

A. Harb
Harb

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (971)
All-game rating: (971)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 21:03

justy wrote:@Harb, where are you at regarding stomping small or med? You were against it earlier, how about now?

I think I'm still opposed, but maybe I'm thinking wrong. I don't want to do the scum's work for them. If they want someone stomped, they should have to stomp them. But if we have two Large scum there's no reason for them NOT to stomp tonight, right? They'd have already achieved their objective and they're unstompable. If we don't have two Large scum why aren't we stomping to get at least one of them, and the one with voting power?
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 21:09

Except, if there are Med/Small scum who lied into the Large pool we no longer catch them if all stomp the claimed Med/Smalls. All of the above analysis assumes our claim situation is accurate. If we have a sjg/HM team and HM is actually Small instead of Large, then lynching jordan and then stomping justy is about the worst thing that could happen.
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 21:10

justy wrote:Because there are possible small/medium scum hiding inside large ones (don't think that's likely), target shouldn't be revealed so that these guys have to burn their hides as well. Also, if only one player is assigned to stomp small/medium, if that guy is scum, he says that he stomped but nothing happened. So it's better that others could stomp same small/medium and make it more difficult for that large to lie.

Oh, I see what you're saying. You're saying everybody stomps who they want from the pool of ALL the players, not just the remaining Sm/Med claims? Thus any scum who isn't Large has SOME reason to fear.
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 21:24

sjg11 wrote:Harb: Is there any reason to stomp if we hit a Mafia today? If we hit a townie... smartest play is probably to stomp overnight.

I see no reason to stomp if we hit mafia, no.
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 21:26

Zoomzip wrote:Thank you Jordan.

Harb, I'm holding my vote on SJG11. I like the death curse of UDC from Jordan. I will dogpile, but if you want to save SJG it's gonna be a move you make soon.

I'm still where I was when I voted. I feel shitty with this sjg vote, but I've liked justy's improved play and Jordan still looks like town Jordan from BMS1.
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 21:30

Zoomzip wrote:Dare we even consider a UDC lynch?

I'm pretty panicked about the idea that there's no scum in this grouping at this point. But it seems like there's been a LOT of reasons not to vote for a Large today.
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 21:37

Right. And of the three, only justy has been willing to commit to that analysis.

Zip, what specifically changed your mind on Jordan?
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 21:39

I'll qualify that last: sjg committed, decommitted, and then recommitted for a different reason. But he ended up there.
---------

A. Harb
Harb

Postby Harb » 07 Nov 2016, 21:53

Hour?

Sjg/UDC/SF on Jordan